• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hair products you use

groomin

Reaction score
Hello.

I was just wondering which hair styling products you guys are using right now to style your hair.

For my part, I just love l'Anza's Urban Molding Paste (Link: http://www.lanza.com/products/displa...olding%20Paste).

It styles, textures, separates and defines my hair the way I want, and it smells just so good, but not too strong.

What are you using?

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use mop pomade:

1810742035xv7.jpg

groomin

Reaction score
Haha! Tried this one (forming cream).

Pretty good stuff, smells awesome!!!

JOA

Reaction score
Aveda Men PureFormance Liquid Pomade. I've also used Keihl's Silk Groom Creme. Both are excellent.

groomin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
How do those two compare to the fiber product from AC?

Well, the forming cream has fiber-comparable hold, but adds a bit more shine to the hair. On the texture part, the product really is like a cream, not as hard as Fiber.
The smell is quite different too.

Fort the paste, well, according to American Crew's styling matrix, this adds abit more shine to the hair, while supplying a pliable hold, like fiber.
Smell is different too.

Fat-Elvis

Reaction score
I like them both more than the Fiber. In fact, I'm replacing the fiber with them. I think the fiber is best suited for shorter hair, because when my hair got even a little longer it was hard to work it in and style without it gunking up parts of my hair. The stuff is just too stiff, not necessarily like gel though.

I'm still getting used to the forming cream and how to use it, but I've had some, uhh, really good "hair days" with it. It smells much better than any of the other AC Classic products too, almost kinda like that cream stuff they put in pastries. The citrus paste is really nice, I like it more than the AC Tea Trea paste, which has a thicker texture making it a little harder to apply and smells like the Hugo Boss HUGO cologne, which I don't like. I do not find the citrus paste to have much shine, though. I think the American Crew styling matrix is kinda off on that with some products.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use Bumble and Bumble, odd name but solid stuff.

The AC fiber is my second.

groomin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fat-Elvis
I like them both more than the Fiber. In fact, I'm replacing the fiber with them. I think the fiber is best suited for shorter hair, because when my hair got even a little longer it was hard to work it in and style without it gunking up parts of my hair. The stuff is just too stiff, not necessarily like gel though.

I'm still getting used to the forming cream and how to use it, but I've had some, uhh, really good "hair days" with it. It smells much better than any of the other AC Classic products too, almost kinda like that cream stuff they put in pastries. The citrus paste is really nice, I like it more than the AC Tea Trea paste, which has a thicker texture making it a little harder to apply and smells like the Hugo Boss HUGO cologne, which I don't like. I do not find the citrus paste to have much shine, though. I think the American Crew styling matrix is kinda off on that with some products.

I was wondering... Is it me or my American Crew Tea Tree Defining Paste smells pretty strong? When I put it on, the smell lasts like almost all day long compared to all other AC products. Is my paste perished or is it just smelling strong?

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same here...Bumble and Bumble.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
KMS paste. Works well with my thin and straight hair.

bure

Reaction score
I-C-E Spiked is the best spiking gel, and I've tried lots. It's thick and holds well

streetbuck

Reaction score
I use Garnier Fructis Surf Hair right now. Planning on trying out AC Fiber soon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads