or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion - Page 7

post #91 of 2734
I tried on the Red Wings x J. Crew boots tonight and they fit me in 1 full size down. I am kind of wanting some but I doubt I'll buy them. Definitely no time soon thanks to all these other purchases.
post #92 of 2734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garage/Surf Rock View Post

Get those polished up and they will look phenominal.
post #93 of 2734
Quote:
Originally Posted by xchen View Post
I tried on the Red Wings x J. Crew boots tonight and they fit me in 1 full size down. I am kind of wanting some but I doubt I'll buy them. Definitely no time soon thanks to all these other purchases.
? I have these. They fit me fine in my size. I'm starting to wonder if people on this forum just don't understand that workboots aren't supposed to fit like dress shoes.
post #94 of 2734
Saw these in the sufu shoes thread:





Looks pretty cool
post #95 of 2734
^^^ Those Iron Rangers looks pretty good.
post #96 of 2734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arethusa View Post
? I have these. They fit me fine in my size. I'm starting to wonder if people on this forum just don't understand that workboots aren't supposed to fit like dress shoes.
How much room are you supposed to have for workboots? I've been thinking of getting a pair and this would definitely be good info to know.
post #97 of 2734
I'm not sure if this has bee discussed, but how long do the crepe soles last? I really like the comfy walking it provided, but how fast do they wear out? For example, if used for everyday wear.
post #98 of 2734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wupper View Post


I think I'm gonna buy these today, but before I drop $200 on them I just want to know if they're big/clunky? And would I be better off getting a similar style boots from a different brand?
post #99 of 2734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arethusa View Post
?

I have these. They fit me fine in my size. I'm starting to wonder if people on this forum just don't understand that workboots aren't supposed to fit like dress shoes.

Give me a little more credit than that, Arethusa. In a 9.5D RWxJC I had the most support, but still some room. They weren't snug by any means, but definitely the most comfortable. On the other hand I have some Red Wings Irish Setters in a 10.5C (I am a 10.5D actual) that seem to fit me pretty well. In case anyone is wondering I'm a 10D in Alden Indy's and 10D in White's Semi Dress. My RM Williams are a 9.5G but I could probably get a 9F next time. 10.5 Chucks and Purcells and 10 in Clarks Desert Boots, with a 10.5 in AE Park Avenues.
post #100 of 2734
Quote:
Originally Posted by LooseChange View Post
I'm not sure if this has bee discussed, but how long do the crepe soles last? I really like the comfy walking it provided, but how fast do they wear out? For example, if used for everyday wear.

should last a few years, and you can get them resoled easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokey07 View Post
I think I'm gonna buy these today, but before I drop $200 on them I just want to know if they're big/clunky? And would I be better off getting a similar style boots from a different brand?

yeah, they are an aggressive, chunky pair of work boots. they are a bit more "dressy" than the moc toe red wings, but still not a small, sleek-looking shoe. the toe area in particular is quite bulky. they look great, it just depends what you want.
post #101 of 2734
How do the Red Wing boots compare to the Alden boots (e.g., Indy boot, chukka boot)? Anyone own both?
post #102 of 2734
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiru View Post
should last a few years, and you can get them resoled easily.



yeah, they are an aggressive, chunky pair of work boots. they are a bit more "dressy" than the moc toe red wings, but still not a small, sleek-looking shoe. the toe area in particular is quite bulky. they look great, it just depends what you want.

For a person who's trying to step away from his Timberland work boot style I think maybe these could be the perfect transition.
post #103 of 2734
Redwings are really dope, most people probably need a pair if your into wearing boots www.hyrcollective.com
post #104 of 2734
Quote:
Originally Posted by timpoblete View Post
How much room are you supposed to have for workboots? I've been thinking of getting a pair and this would definitely be good info to know.

boots are supposed to be sized larger because you wear thick wool socks. And I mean really thick. We are talking about socks which clearly add another 1/2 size. Red Wing still makes socks like this, and with these, your correct size will fit great.

but, if you don't plan to wear socks like this, you need to account for it.
post #105 of 2734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
How do the Red Wing boots compare to the Alden boots (e.g., Indy boot, chukka boot)? Anyone own both?
Red Wing is more of a workboot / kickaround boot. Alden boots tend to be dressier using high quality leathers like cordovan. If you are looking for a bulletproof boot that till take a beating go with red wings. If you are looking for a beautiful pair of boots that can be more than double the price of Red Wings go with Aldens.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion