or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion - Page 6

post #76 of 2690
excuse the darkness, pic is from a camera phone. i think with my nudies they look fine, but compared to the other jeans i wear which are more tapered they start to look "cowboyish." i think they're also very limited with the style i wear so i'm afraid it's gonna be return for me.
post #77 of 2690
well that's how they look, so its all personal taste at this point
post #78 of 2690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarmac View Post
Wow. they have my size. free shipping. should be no tax. and the non-logo version. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
the ones on cultizm have no logo either. on their website it shows that they do, but they'll ship to you the non-logo ones. GWHiZiTSPHiL - personally i think they look good on you, the only thing i'd change is less stacking. combined with a more utilitarian outfit, especially, it works very well (aka militaristic jackets, clean crisp plain t-shirts, beanies, plain hoodies, etc.). also works very well with any earth-toned clothing. i don't see the cowboy aesthetic at all though. when i think cowboy boots i think slim and long, not big and rugged. but yea, it's all personal preference. maybe you should post in the waywt post to get some more feedback
post #79 of 2690
post #80 of 2690
Haha. Maybe not the best choice of DVDs to have out for the pics. The camera sucks. It's always out of focus. I've had my boots since the beginning of October 2007.
post #81 of 2690
Garage/Surf Rock, thanks for posting your pics!
post #82 of 2690
shipping back to germany for returns is ridiculous. so i'm selling my red wing 9011s if anyone is interested. brand new out of box.
post #83 of 2690
It seems that most people size down in the GTs. If I'm a US 12/UK 11 in Doc Martens, should I go down to the US 11.5/UK 10.5?
post #84 of 2690
Quote:
Originally Posted by butchhuskey View Post
It seems that most people size down in the GTs. If I'm a US 12/UK 11 in Doc Martens, should I go down to the US 11.5/UK 10.5?
please refer to previous posts. this has been posted many times, thanks. cultizm's site even has instructions if you had looked there.
post #85 of 2690
Quote:
Originally Posted by butchhuskey View Post
It seems that most people size down in the GTs. If I'm a US 12/UK 11 in Doc Martens, should I go down to the US 11.5/UK 10.5?


IME, Doc Martens are sized a bit small. I wear a US9/UK8 in DM but I am a US8/UK7/EU41 in nearly every other shoe. My ideal size for the GTs is 7.5, but mine are a size 8, which fit 90% fine. The size 7.5 would be 100%.

so what does that mean, you should probably get the 11.5 GT, but there's a chance you might fit better into the 11. If your docs fit snug I'd get the 11.5 GT, if the docs fit a half size loose I'd get the 11 GT
post #86 of 2690
I usually wear 10 but in 9011's wear 9. Try Zappos. timing edit: see Get Smart above
post #87 of 2690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart View Post
IME, Doc Martens are sized a bit small. I wear a US9/UK8 in DM but I am a US8/UK7/EU41 in nearly every other shoe. My ideal size for the GTs is 7.5, but mine are a size 8, which fit 90% fine. The size 7.5 would be 100%.

so what does that mean, you should probably get the 11.5 GT, but there's a chance you might fit better into the 11. If your docs fit snug I'd get the 11.5 GT, if the docs fit a half size loose I'd get the 11 GT

Thanks for the info. My only frame of reference for boots are my Docs and Chippewa work boots (that are so heavy I think I got shin splints from just walking in them). I think I'll get the 11.5 since my Docs are pretty perfect. Thanks again. If you're ever in NY, you should stop by 99x, nothing but Fred Perry, Docs, and Templars shirts.
post #88 of 2690
right on...I've seen 99x webstore before and they had some good gear.

Carl from the Templars also puts out some crazy looking G9 harrington jackets in camo print...I love that band, one of my faves....tho the last time they were in town a few years ago I ended up getting sucker punched from someone who recognized me that I would have preferred not, esp since the gig was put on by his crew! D'oh..haha!!
post #89 of 2690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart View Post
right on...I've seen 99x webstore before and they had some good gear.

Carl from the Templars also puts out some crazy looking G9 harrington jackets in camo print...I love that band, one of my faves....tho the last time they were in town a few years ago I ended up getting sucker punched from someone who recognized me that I would have preferred not, esp since the gig was put on by his crew! D'oh..haha!!

HA. Yeah, unfortunately skin shows can sometimes get a bit rowdy Definitely a great band though, and there aren't many skin bands around anymore. I went to see them a few months ago and I'd realized I hadn't been to that kind of show in years. However, I'll leave that to another forum. Back to your regularly scheduled programming of skinny jeans and cardigans. Thanks again for the advice on the boots.
post #90 of 2690
Woah, I just received a pair of Red Wing chukkas, and I've got to say I effin LOVE them. And for the sizing, they are just darn perfect. I usually wear a 9.5 E or EE, or size up to a 10 in other shoes, but I got a 9.5 D for the Red Wings. And they fit just right, especially since they run a little wider than other shoes. I think I want another pair... ahhh, I need to find a job now, darn.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion