or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion - Page 49

post #721 of 2522
Well, I mean. In this case the difference is between $50 for the Chinese ones and $250 for the American-made. Regardless, I quite like the look of the RWI.

The other factor being that I am a pretty small guy and the USA-made Red Wings look HUGE on me. The RWI have a significantly smaller toebox and (I think) frame. The Chinese are small after all.
post #722 of 2522
The american made redwings have a lot heavier/thicker leather. After the leather gets soft (20 days of wear or so) they will probably be 1 size larger than your normal shoe too.
post #723 of 2522
I just received a pair of the round toe classic lifestyle 8165 from papashoes on ebay and they actually fit as labeled, rather than a half size larger per usual. On top of that they are much more narrow and squeeze my foot and dont even feel like a D width. The 9111 and mule skinner colors fit a half size larger and wider in the foot... has anyone noticed this with the black colors of the various styles or did i just get a funky pair? I already emailed them about it, so we shall see what they say...
post #724 of 2522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaghettimatt View Post
Well, I mean. In this case the difference is between $50 for the Chinese ones and $250 for the American-made. Regardless, I quite like the look of the RWI.

The other factor being that I am a pretty small guy and the USA-made Red Wings look HUGE on me. The RWI have a significantly smaller toebox and (I think) frame. The Chinese are small after all.

You don't buy a Moc toe style boot for a smaller toebox.

If you want a slimmer toe, look at Italian makers, Paul Smith, etc.

They are a work boot. They are meant to look big and wear hard. Spend the money and get the real thing.
post #725 of 2522
Which RW boots are the standard recommendation for street wear? I've seen a lot of love for the Gentleman's Traveler, but it's not available in any local stores for me to try on, and it's a bit expensive. Which models should I keep my eye out for and why?

Thanks.
post #726 of 2522
I saw this the other day and figured a few of the Red Wing fans in here would appreciate this.

Re-soled The Red Wing Way
post #727 of 2522
Quote:
Originally Posted by enarchay View Post
Which RW boots are the standard recommendation for street wear? I've seen a lot of love for the Gentleman's Traveler, but it's not available in any local stores for me to try on, and it's a bit expensive. Which models should I keep my eye out for and why?

Thanks.

Anyone?
post #728 of 2522
Standard Moc Toe 875 or Irish Setter 877... They're staples imho.
post #729 of 2522
Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbles View Post
I saw this the other day and figured a few of the Red Wing fans in here would appreciate this.

Re-soled The Red Wing Way

rad, thank you.
post #730 of 2522
I've always loved the Pecos boot, but it just doesn't work for my feet, unfortunately.
post #731 of 2522
I think they look quality, I have a a pair of the Round Toe 8181s. Not worn them much though, was told to size down and that they take a while to break in it. .I'm no convinced, will give them another bash something but they killed me when I wore them last.
post #732 of 2522
just got the 8134, but the brown color its too bright. Should i oil them with something? im looking for a bit darker brown tone
post #733 of 2522
picture of my new 1907's I got, loving them so far. Sorry it's kinda blurry I took it with my cell phone.
LL
post #734 of 2522
Got these on Friday. Went straight to work on the my house (storm doors, yard work, flower bed, roof sealant). They are fantastic. Why did it take so long for me to know about these? I will clean and Obenauf in due time.
post #735 of 2522
So are Red Wing models pretty much a matter of taste, or are some better than others? Which styles are staples?

Thanks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion