or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion - Page 240

post #3586 of 3657
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewh View Post

Where are you ordering from, directly from Red Wing?

Also, curious to get your thoughts on the comfort level of these. These new sleeker designs look nice but the sole is so thin, doesn't look like there's much room for cushioning under the footbed.

I'm ordered from the RW Heritage website.

Yes, the outsole is a touch thinner than a regular pair of IR's for instance. I think that's what they were going for here -- sleeker and less heavy. The outsole material is a bit more flexible than other RW boots, so I don't think comfort level will be an issue. You could argue that the lack of toe structure will make them *more* comfortable.
post #3587 of 3657
For those in Europe Vente-Privee has several styles at silly prices (from £55 for Oxfords, £125 for Beckman boots) but in very limited sizes.
post #3588 of 3657

Anyone else experience size inconsistencies within the same model / size?

 

I have the 3141 chukka, which I really like, and thought it would be good to have another pair of chukkas to rotate wearing. I ordered a pair of 3140, same size. When I tried them on, they just didn't seem to fit the same. At first I figured it was because the leather seemed thicker and stiffer or that they are new. But I kept feeling like my toes were squished. I compared them to my 3141's and they are slightly shorter. I then checked the width with a caliper, these 3140's are a full 1/8" narrower. I have narrow feet but still need room in the toe box and I'm not sure the new ones will break in enough to allow that since they already feel cramped.

 

Can't decide if I should try another pair of the 3140 or if another color may be different. I hate to try a different model altogether because I like the chukka. Anyone else experience something like this?

post #3589 of 3657
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl@ster View Post

Took some pics of some new RW pickups and wanted to share. I've also got the new Moc-Toe Cooper coming next week.

Red Wing Merchant Boot in Ebony Harness:




Red Wing Merchant Boot in Olive Mohave:




Red Wing Blacksmith in Billy Beige:



You'll have to let us know how you like the Cooper Moc when you receive them. I've been eyeing these as well (the 2954 Amber Portage color). I've been trying to find pics of how they look while being worn, but due to being so new haven't been able to find any yet or reviews.
post #3590 of 3657

Is there a good overview of Red Wing lasts somewhere? Specifically I'm looking for at the classic/work cuhkka and would like to know if I should size up/down compared to the pair of Beckmans that I've got. Unfortunately no RW stores nearby to get sized. 

post #3591 of 3657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty2k1 View Post

Is there a good overview of Red Wing lasts somewhere? Specifically I'm looking for at the classic/work cuhkka and would like to know if I should size up/down compared to the pair of Beckmans that I've got. Unfortunately no RW stores nearby to get sized. 

I have the classic chukka and I find them true to size. Iron Rangers I have to size down. Hope that helps..
post #3592 of 3657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newberry View Post



I have the classic chukka and I find them true to size. Iron Rangers I have to size down. Hope that helps..

Thanks!
post #3593 of 3657


Red Wing Beckman Chukkas in black cherry at Nordstrom Rack for $170. Not bad
post #3594 of 3657

I picked up some Beckman moc toe - 9029 - from there(vente-privee) last year and love them. Had a look this year but everything had gone pretty much instantly.

 

Wasn't too bothered as had just splashed out on some Wolverine 1000 Mile Addison. Lovely looking boot, but after 3yrs of wearing nothing but Red Wing - 875 & 9016 mostly - they come off as kinda flimsy.

post #3595 of 3657
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl@ster View Post


I'm ordered from the RW Heritage website.

Yes, the outsole is a touch thinner than a regular pair of IR's for instance. I think that's what they were going for here -- sleeker and less heavy. The outsole material is a bit more flexible than other RW boots, so I don't think comfort level will be an issue. You could argue that the lack of toe structure will make them *more* comfortable.

 

I know the last is the same as the IR, but does the unstructured toe affect the fit? Like are the tighter in the vamp or toe area? An 8 in an IR is perfect for me but I feel like anything more narrow or slim in the toe/vamp area I would need to .5 size up since I have a wide foot.

post #3596 of 3657
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaasonmg View Post

I know the last is the same as the IR, but does the unstructured toe affect the fit? Like are the tighter in the vamp or toe area? An 8 in an IR is perfect for me but I feel like anything more narrow or slim in the toe/vamp area I would need to .5 size up since I have a wide foot.

Wore them for the first time today -- really comfortable. In fact, they're the most comfortable out of the box RW's I own and I've got them all. The unstructured toe makes them feel less constricting... I'd go with the same size.
post #3597 of 3657

This new style is nice....Cooper 2964 with the Vibram sole.

 

post #3598 of 3657

thanks for the info! the Ebony harness looks really nice

post #3599 of 3657
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl@ster View Post

Took some pics of some new RW pickups and wanted to share. I've also got the new Moc-Toe Cooper coming next week.

Red Wing Merchant Boot in Ebony Harness:




Red Wing Merchant Boot in Olive Mohave:




Red Wing Blacksmith in Billy Beige:


 
 
How is that Merchant boot in wet weather? I have a pair of 875's which are pretty much everything proof but more of a winter boot for me and I wanted something I could wear (theoretically) in warmer weather that offered some rain protection.
post #3600 of 3657
So I ordered the Blacksmith in billy beige from Nordstrom during the Anniversary Sale in July and wore them twice before I realized that the grain on the left boot was jacked up and loose. Sent a photo to RW customer service and was told that they'd replace the boots but all they had to choose from was the selection from their site. Saw that Nordstrom was out of stock in my size on their site so haven't talked to them at all. I'm somewhat disappointed but I think the Copper Rough and Tough version should be a solid replacement. 255d18a23880c85b214d700d296c5b66.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion