Hello, I am soon to be purchasing some 1907s, my feet measure 27cm or 10 9/16''. I was wondering if somebody could tell me how accurate the sizing chart is on the red wings website, the site chart states that a size 9 would fit a 27cm foot (what if i wore thick socks). If somebody has similar sized feet (width is not an issue) and you have purchased 1907s, could you tell me about your boots size and fit please, that would be fantastic. I live 8 hours from the nearest red wing store so going there to try some on is a no go. I have Hi top 106 vans which are 10us and 9.5us converse hi cuts (converse are tight width wise).
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicMade In The United Statestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- itemRed Wing Men's 2990 11" Engineer Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemRed Wing Men's Wabasha Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemRed Wing Men's Wabasha Chukkatagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- brandRed Wing Motorcycletagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- brandRed Wing Shoestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemRed Wing Shoes Men's 6" Beckman Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemRed Wing Shoes Men's 6" Classic Moc Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11More
- itemRed Wing Shoes Men's Beckman Chukka Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
Related Forum Threads
- Calling all LLBean Katahdin Iron Works Boots owners Last post on 1/5/16 at 12:54am in Streetwear and Denim
- Crescent Down Works Italian Vest; Made in US Selvedge Levi's; Red Wing Boots, more Last post on 3/14/11 at 4:00pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Red Wing Heritage 9012 9.5D Chestnut moc-toe boot. ***FINAL REDUCTION!*** Last post on 1/4/13 at 2:38pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Red Wing Boots | Baracuta Harrington | SeaVees Last post on 7/7/11 at 7:29pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 5/12 Drop! Buttero, NDC, Red Wing GT,GramSE, Edwin, Fred Perry, Mabitex,Hickey F Last post on 5/12/11 at 1:04pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim Head
Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion - Page 167
Styleforum Top Picks
yes that is normal.they're damn comfy but wedge/crepe sole wears out fast.
Iron Rangers run about a half size large so I'd go with 7.5
I have no idea what the cost is, and I'm sure there are many boot repair places that will resole them, but I do know that Red Wing will resole most Red Wing boots. You'd have to contact your local store or go through the RW web site to find the cost.
Yes they can be resoled. I had a pair of 926 work boots resoled by red wings themselves a few months ago. Dropped it off at my local store, took about 10 days or so to get them back I think. 100 bucks, new outer sole, new insoles, new laces, and conditioned. Not a bad deal. A cobbler might do it cheaper, but, well, depends on how good they are and all that....
My "break-in" period wasn't that bad at all. I decided to break-in my brand new IR during a 2-week vacation in Vancouver, BC and Seattle, WA. The IR's were the only shoes I brought along with some running shoes. I feared that the IR's might wreck my feet and I would resort to wearing my tennies the whole trip; but that wasn't the case. We did a lot of urban hiking in those two weeks. My feet were a little sore the first few days but nothing serious.
I did go 1/2 size down and wider and the fit out the box was snug but not overly constricting. I believe if you size properly you don't have anything to worry about.
Why with all the red wing boots I have looked at, does the boot size always go from D to 2E, is 2E just what they use for saying 1 size larger than D, then 4E as two sizes larger. I've looked at many online stores including the red wings au store and they only state widths D and 2E. Some sites have also stated D as medium and 2E as wide, I always thought E was wide and 2E was extra wide.
Hey all. I recently bought some Red Wing 6" Moc Toe Boots. I heard they run 1/2 to a full size large so I tried the 1/2 size down. There is some heel slippage when I walk. Below is a pic of the space between the heel of the foot and the boot when my foot is all the way to the front. Should I size down or is this a normal amount of spacing? Thanks in advance.
- Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Random food thoughts - Street edition 26 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 2 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 3 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 5 minutes ago
- › Gaziano and Girling Warwick Size UK 10.5 E 5 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 6 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...