or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion - Page 144

post #2146 of 2523
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanwoodsman View Post
 


A navy peacoat sounds good, but it depends on what else you're wearing.


assume Jeans or Chinos most of the time, maybe some wool pants.  Not dress pants.

post #2147 of 2523
Quote:
Originally Posted by HANCHO View Post

Anyone know where I can find this below the retail price? Thanks.




you could try factory seconds (mentioned a few pages back) or buy second-hand

otherwise, it's difficult to find them for below (trust me, i tried before just settling for retail)
post #2148 of 2523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurking View Post
 


assume Jeans or Chinos most of the time, maybe some wool pants.  Not dress pants.


A navy peacoat should be fine, especially with jeans, chinos, or wool pants. A nice workshirt always helps.

post #2149 of 2523
Any suggestions for cleaning Iron Rangers 8111 Amber Harness?
post #2150 of 2523

Anybody have photos of the Copper Yuma 2963's after some wear and/or treatment? They are a Beckman with the Iron Ranger cork sole.

 

 

Also Haberdash has some decent prices on RW's right now. Beckmans at 249 and Ice Cutters at 289. Also Wolverine 1k's at 279-299. All with free shipping.

http://korvue.shophaberdash.com/products/index.php?&dn=10004&subdn=10037&tAction=search&section=302&brand=1104

post #2151 of 2523

I believe these are the Copper Yuma 2963's I was asking about in the above post, for $174 at Gimmeshoes. Final sale though so no returns - it's a bit of a risk since they are mis-marked as "STOCK# 3724 Camel, oiled nubuck work boot"

 

Edit: Confirmed they are the Copper Yuma 2963 but shipping is $22. Yikes


Edited by SlowJim - 1/7/14 at 2:30pm
post #2152 of 2523
How do y'all clean your Iron Rangers 8111 Amber Harness??
post #2153 of 2523
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselman89 View Post

How do y'all clean your Iron Rangers 8111 Amber Harness??


why do you want to clean them?  have some RW bourbon round toe that will never be cleaned other than a brush off of dirt (so it doesn't get onto the carpet).

post #2154 of 2523
Quote:
Originally Posted by loug View Post


why do you want to clean them?  have some RW bourbon round toe that will never be cleaned other than a brush off of dirt (so it doesn't get onto the carpet).
I mean, how do you suggest to clean dirt/refresh the shoes. They do not need to be polished.
post #2155 of 2523
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselman89 View Post


I mean, how do you suggest to clean dirt/refresh the shoes. They do not need to be polished.


Once had a pair of office shoes that were a brownish suede that needed to look good.  Picked up this what looked like a large eraser that was used to rub off the dark/dirt spots.  Not familiar with the finish on your boots but maybe check this eraser out:  http://www.shoebuy.com/kiwi-select-suede-nubuck-kit/496961/1047359?cm_mmc=googleproductads_pla-_-none-_-none-_-{keyword}

post #2156 of 2523
Quote:
Originally Posted by loug View Post


Once had a pair of office shoes that were a brownish suede that needed to look good.  Picked up this what looked like a large eraser that was used to rub off the dark/dirt spots.  Not familiar with the finish on your boots but maybe check this eraser out:  http://www.shoebuy.com/kiwi-select-suede-nubuck-kit/496961/1047359?cm_mmc=googleproductads_pla-_-none-_-none-_-{keyword}
Thanks $30 for that seems crazy though.
post #2157 of 2523

agree, but the one i had didn't cost that much.  maybe check on other brands and it will last a lifetime.  might still have one here.  had a dark colored one, almost black.  that link says qty. of 3 kits i think.  here's one and more like the price i paid:  http://www.johnstonmurphy.com/product.aspx?pid=22811&gclid=CPSQtMSi77sCFWJo7AodD00AvA

post #2158 of 2523
Quote:
Originally Posted by loug View Post

agree, but the one i had didn't cost that much.  maybe check on other brands and it will last a lifetime.  might still have one here.  had a dark colored one, almost black.  that link says qty. of 3 kits i think.  here's one and more like the price i paid:  http://www.johnstonmurphy.com/product.aspx?pid=22811&gclid=CPSQtMSi77sCFWJo7AodD00AvA
I'll one up you based off a good suggestion. http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF557_1_40000000001_-1
post #2159 of 2523

There is no difference. Rough & tough is not harder to break in. Rough & tough is the combination of oils etc which give the leather a distressed appearance even though the leather isn't actually distressed.

post #2160 of 2523

Is the moc toe .5 down from the chukka? I'm a 10 in the chukka.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion