or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion - Page 142

post #2116 of 2527
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakeEmUp View Post

Where can I buy the heritage stuff in wide?
Most likely just at a Red Wing store. I think Amazon has the wide sizes at times. Keep in mind only some models come in wide widths.
post #2117 of 2527

Hey guys, sorry if this has been answered before, but I couldn't find is while searching this thread.

 

Just got my first pair of Red Wings - Munson boots for J. Crew. Do you recommend any protective creams/waxes? Or are they good to go out of the box, with normal care after some wear-and-tear?

 

Any insights are appreciated.

post #2118 of 2527
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickInTO View Post
 

Hey guys, sorry if this has been answered before, but I couldn't find is while searching this thread.

 

Just got my first pair of Red Wings - Munson boots for J. Crew. Do you recommend any protective creams/waxes? Or are they good to go out of the box, with normal care after some wear-and-tear?

 

Any insights are appreciated.

Obenhauf LP is the most widely recommended. 

post #2119 of 2527
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickInTO View Post

Hey guys, sorry if this has been answered before, but I couldn't find is while searching this thread.

Just got my first pair of Red Wings - Munson boots for J. Crew. Do you recommend any protective creams/waxes? Or are they good to go out of the box, with normal care after some wear-and-tear?

Any insights are appreciated.

Do the Red Wing Munson boots fit True to Size or do they run large?
post #2120 of 2527
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakeEmUp View Post
 

Where can I buy the heritage stuff in wide?

Only some styles come in wide.  I wear the 3141 in wide.  But the leather does stretch out, so after a year of wearing, now the boots feel a bit too loose, so something you might want to keep in mind.  I sorta wish now I went with the regular width.

post #2121 of 2527
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramercyyork View Post
 

Only some styles come in wide.  I wear the 3141 in wide.  But the leather does stretch out, so after a year of wearing, now the boots feel a bit too loose, so something you might want to keep in mind.  I sorta wish now I went with the regular width.

Where did they stretch? Mine were to slim in the middle of my foot

post #2122 of 2527
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl@ster View Post


Do the Red Wing Munson boots fit True to Size or do they run large?


They run large. I sized down a half-size. They run ok through the middle of the boot, but there's a lot of room near the toes.

post #2123 of 2527
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakeEmUp View Post
 

Where did they stretch? Mine were to slim in the middle of my foot

I found mine to stretch right around the mid to upper mid area.  For comparison, I wear the 1000 mile boot and I ended up getting regular width and it stretched out and feels perfect.  

post #2124 of 2527

I ended up winning a pair of Beckmans in 11.5 EE on Ebay. We will see how they fit

post #2125 of 2527
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakeEmUp View Post
 

I ended up winning a pair of Beckmans in 11.5 EE on Ebay. We will see how they fit

 

Hardly see Beckmans in wide sizes. Rare find.

post #2126 of 2527
didn't want to start a new thread so I thought I would just ask my question here




anyone know where I can get these laces, want to use them on my Indys?
post #2127 of 2527
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaseshift View Post

didn't want to start a new thread so I thought I would just ask my question here




anyone know where I can get these laces, want to use them on my Indys?

You can get them here on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/FootGalaxy-Gold-Boot-Laces-inch/dp/B0013TYUIA/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1388010070&sr=1-1&keywords=boot+laces

Or your local Target.
post #2128 of 2527

Picked up a pair of RW Round toe and have a pair of 1K's, hands down the RW's win.  RW with a rubber and cork sole is way more comfortable and more durable.  Been wearing them in the house for two days to break them in a little quicker and they feel better than the 1K's that have been worn for six months.  Spent $290 on the RW and $350 on the 1K's.  Hate when that happens.

post #2129 of 2527
Quote:

thank you!
post #2130 of 2527
Quote:
Originally Posted by masshi View Post

Sorry for remaking this post, but I figured embedding the actual pics would help:


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
My Zappos order came in and I was wondering:

1. Will the area below the toes stretch? They're a little tight, but nothing unbearable:







First picture has me pointing to where the boot is a bit tight.

My three fingers are pointing to the length of area that has a bit of resistance on my foot, but like I said it's nothing major.



2. The leather isn't supposed to be a uniform shade, is it? Small scuffs, discoloration here and there, etc. are normal, right? In my first picture is an example of some darkening (next to my finger) for instance. Here's another example, a scuff (?):




Sorry if a dumb question but my only experience with "quality" leather is my Tanner belt and bifold in natural (but those are treated differently anyway, right, in addition to being a different type of leather to begin with?).





Also for what it's worth I'm able to fit into a 7 pretty easily (minus the minor tightness mentioned above) despite being an 8.5 in Nike. And I swear that I wouldn't be able to comfortably wear any smaller, or, at least, not in Nike's running shoes.
Idk if someone answered you but they will mold to your feet after a few wears making them comfortable. I wear 8.5 in regular shoes too & went down to a 7.5 & they fit perfect, "you usually go down .5-1 size down" redwing store employee helped me out. The small scuffs are normal you will be getting alot more of that with more wear, it gives it a unique look to them.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion