So did you ever figure out if those wedges were "painted" so you could get them nice and clean?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicMade In The United Statestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- itemRed Wing Men's 2990 11" Engineer Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemRed Wing Men's Wabasha Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemRed Wing Men's Wabasha Chukkatagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- brandRed Wing Motorcycletagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- brandRed Wing Shoestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemRed Wing Shoes Men's 6" Beckman Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemRed Wing Shoes Men's 6" Classic Moc Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11More
- itemRed Wing Shoes Men's Beckman Chukka Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
Related Forum Threads
- Calling all LLBean Katahdin Iron Works Boots owners Last post on 4/14/16 at 12:08pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Crescent Down Works Italian Vest; Made in US Selvedge Levi's; Red Wing Boots, more Last post on 3/14/11 at 4:00pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Red Wing Heritage 9012 9.5D Chestnut moc-toe boot. ***FINAL REDUCTION!*** Last post on 1/4/13 at 2:38pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Red Wing Boots | Baracuta Harrington | SeaVees Last post on 7/7/11 at 7:29pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 5/12 Drop! Buttero, NDC, Red Wing GT,GramSE, Edwin, Fred Perry, Mabitex,Hickey F Last post on 5/12/11 at 1:04pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Styleforum Visits Horween LeatherLast edited: 2/16/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion - Page 141post #2101 of 349412/20/13 at 7:53ampost #2102 of 349412/20/13 at 8:03ampost #2103 of 349412/20/13 at 9:34amQuote:
You don't have many friends, do you?post #2104 of 349412/20/13 at 12:21pmpost #2105 of 349412/20/13 at 1:43pmpost #2106 of 349412/20/13 at 2:29pmQuote:
If you don't know about Compeed patches, you might want to get some. Its sold by Band-Aid Brand, usually at a drug store or grocery store next the regular band-aids. Its the best stuff for covering blisters while they heal. You can leave it on for a few days at a time. Awesome stuff.post #2107 of 349412/20/13 at 7:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING
A lot of people wear their RW with the hems rolled up (selvedge), or tucked, at least that is if they wear Slim/Skinny cuts. This is the recent trend - and most people who wear RW follow this trend. Obviously, a HOLE in the tongue is unacceptable. I don't see why someone has to go out of their way to hide imperfections/defects on "high quality" boots.
Guess Ryan Gosling isn't manly or is gay or something because he tucks in his jeans.
No offense to the guys who bought the defectives, but they are rubbish, even for the discount price (Nordstroms frequently sells RW on sale for $139 or less with discount/coupons.)
Scrapes, stretch marks, vein marks, scars in leather are indicative of poor quality control and low quality leather. Stretch marks/ Vein marks are clearly seen here. These sort of marks in the leather only get worse over time and with wear.
Now please, get back to discussing Mink oil and Obenaufs...
Goddamn Ryan Gosling is killing it in those hole-less and perfect condition RW boots.Quote:Originally Posted by Mercuryman76
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Beat off to Ryan Gosling much?
Sorry guys, I couldn't resist a jab at the guy that bought Thorogoods because he didn't want to pony up for RWs then takes a jab at others buying RWs 2nds. Ok, now back to RW talk.
Well, he's really bothered about a tiny hole on the tongue and color irregularities on a pair of work boots. And Ryan Gosling. But to each his own right.post #2108 of 349412/20/13 at 7:51pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by matthewh
If you don't know about Compeed patches, you might want to get some. Its sold by Band-Aid Brand, usually at a drug store or grocery store next the regular band-aids. Its the best stuff for covering blisters while they heal. You can leave it on for a few days at a time. Awesome stuff.
I'm generally a fan of moleskin. I used it growing up while hiking and climbing mountains, and it works wonderfully. In truth, the link that I sent isn't exactly what I'd buy, as I dislike the moleskin with padding (just too much going on), and instead get the regular moleskin (still provides some padding and transfers any friction away from the blister/sore). Additionally, instead of buying pre-cut bandaid shaped pieces of moleskin, you can buy it in squares that you can cut to size. Very helpful when you have different sized/shaped blisters in more difficult areas (between toes, on top of toes, under ankle bone, etc). They sell the stuff at just about every pharmacy/drug store I've been to all over the world, and it's cheap, too.
Good luck!post #2109 of 349412/20/13 at 7:58pmpost #2110 of 349412/20/13 at 8:03pmpost #2111 of 349412/20/13 at 8:25pmpost #2112 of 349412/21/13 at 12:57ampost #2113 of 349412/21/13 at 10:07pmpost #2114 of 349412/21/13 at 10:12pmpost #2115 of 349412/22/13 at 1:30am
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 32 seconds ago
- › Official Terrorist Bombing and Other Acts of Inhumanity Thread 34 seconds ago
- › TOM FORD Regency Cut Basic Base B Slim Bond 007 fit 100% Wool Glen... 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › "That" Suit 5 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › #ForBrian : RIP @hbkshin / StyleForum's Help Needed To Aid The... 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding