So did you ever figure out if those wedges were "painted" so you could get them nice and clean?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicMade In The United Statestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- itemRed Wing Men's 2990 11" Engineer Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemRed Wing Men's Wabasha Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemRed Wing Men's Wabasha Chukkatagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- brandRed Wing Motorcycletagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- brandRed Wing Shoestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemRed Wing Shoes Men's 6" Beckman Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemRed Wing Shoes Men's 6" Classic Moc Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11More
- itemRed Wing Shoes Men's Beckman Chukka Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
Related Forum Threads
- Calling all LLBean Katahdin Iron Works Boots owners Last post on 7/25/16 at 6:42am in Streetwear and Denim
- Crescent Down Works Italian Vest; Made in US Selvedge Levi's; Red Wing Boots, more Last post on 3/14/11 at 4:00pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Red Wing Heritage 9012 9.5D Chestnut moc-toe boot. ***FINAL REDUCTION!*** Last post on 1/4/13 at 2:38pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Red Wing Boots | Baracuta Harrington | SeaVees Last post on 7/7/11 at 7:29pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 5/12 Drop! Buttero, NDC, Red Wing GT,GramSE, Edwin, Fred Perry, Mabitex,Hickey F Last post on 5/12/11 at 1:04pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Styleforum Visits Horween LeatherLast edited: 2/16/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion - Page 141post #2101 of 358212/20/13 at 7:53ampost #2102 of 358212/20/13 at 8:03ampost #2103 of 358212/20/13 at 9:34amQuote:
You don't have many friends, do you?post #2104 of 358212/20/13 at 12:21pmpost #2105 of 358212/20/13 at 1:43pmpost #2106 of 358212/20/13 at 2:29pmQuote:
If you don't know about Compeed patches, you might want to get some. Its sold by Band-Aid Brand, usually at a drug store or grocery store next the regular band-aids. Its the best stuff for covering blisters while they heal. You can leave it on for a few days at a time. Awesome stuff.post #2107 of 358212/20/13 at 7:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING
A lot of people wear their RW with the hems rolled up (selvedge), or tucked, at least that is if they wear Slim/Skinny cuts. This is the recent trend - and most people who wear RW follow this trend. Obviously, a HOLE in the tongue is unacceptable. I don't see why someone has to go out of their way to hide imperfections/defects on "high quality" boots.
Guess Ryan Gosling isn't manly or is gay or something because he tucks in his jeans.
No offense to the guys who bought the defectives, but they are rubbish, even for the discount price (Nordstroms frequently sells RW on sale for $139 or less with discount/coupons.)
Scrapes, stretch marks, vein marks, scars in leather are indicative of poor quality control and low quality leather. Stretch marks/ Vein marks are clearly seen here. These sort of marks in the leather only get worse over time and with wear.
Now please, get back to discussing Mink oil and Obenaufs...
Goddamn Ryan Gosling is killing it in those hole-less and perfect condition RW boots.Quote:Originally Posted by Mercuryman76
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Beat off to Ryan Gosling much?
Sorry guys, I couldn't resist a jab at the guy that bought Thorogoods because he didn't want to pony up for RWs then takes a jab at others buying RWs 2nds. Ok, now back to RW talk.
Well, he's really bothered about a tiny hole on the tongue and color irregularities on a pair of work boots. And Ryan Gosling. But to each his own right.post #2108 of 358212/20/13 at 7:51pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by matthewh
If you don't know about Compeed patches, you might want to get some. Its sold by Band-Aid Brand, usually at a drug store or grocery store next the regular band-aids. Its the best stuff for covering blisters while they heal. You can leave it on for a few days at a time. Awesome stuff.
I'm generally a fan of moleskin. I used it growing up while hiking and climbing mountains, and it works wonderfully. In truth, the link that I sent isn't exactly what I'd buy, as I dislike the moleskin with padding (just too much going on), and instead get the regular moleskin (still provides some padding and transfers any friction away from the blister/sore). Additionally, instead of buying pre-cut bandaid shaped pieces of moleskin, you can buy it in squares that you can cut to size. Very helpful when you have different sized/shaped blisters in more difficult areas (between toes, on top of toes, under ankle bone, etc). They sell the stuff at just about every pharmacy/drug store I've been to all over the world, and it's cheap, too.
Good luck!post #2109 of 358212/20/13 at 7:58pmpost #2110 of 358212/20/13 at 8:03pmpost #2111 of 358212/20/13 at 8:25pmpost #2112 of 358212/21/13 at 12:57ampost #2113 of 358212/21/13 at 10:07pmpost #2114 of 358212/21/13 at 10:12pmpost #2115 of 358212/22/13 at 1:30am
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 10 minutes ago
- › Books On Shoes 12 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 13 minutes ago
- › Peacoat fit advice 14 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 15 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 17 minutes ago
- › flannel trousers 23 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...