Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicMade In The United Statestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- itemRed Wing Men's 2990 11" Engineer Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemRed Wing Men's Wabasha Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemRed Wing Men's Wabasha Chukkatagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- brandRed Wing Motorcycletagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- brandRed Wing Shoestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemRed Wing Shoes Men's 6" Beckman Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemRed Wing Shoes Men's 6" Classic Moc Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11More
- itemRed Wing Shoes Men's Beckman Chukka Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
Related Forum Threads
- Calling all LLBean Katahdin Iron Works Boots owners Last post on 1/5/16 at 12:54am in Streetwear and Denim
- Crescent Down Works Italian Vest; Made in US Selvedge Levi's; Red Wing Boots, more Last post on 3/14/11 at 4:00pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Red Wing Heritage 9012 9.5D Chestnut moc-toe boot. ***FINAL REDUCTION!*** Last post on 1/4/13 at 2:38pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Red Wing Boots | Baracuta Harrington | SeaVees Last post on 7/7/11 at 7:29pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 5/12 Drop! Buttero, NDC, Red Wing GT,GramSE, Edwin, Fred Perry, Mabitex,Hickey F Last post on 5/12/11 at 1:04pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion - Page 95post #1411 of 33169/29/12 at 5:29pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1412 of 33169/29/12 at 7:16pmQuote:
Yes, the first time I bought Red Wing, I got a pair of 10.5. They were too big for me and the retailer did not accept return. I emailed Red Wing and they let me do a size exchange with them directly They are awesome. If you can't find your size online, email them to see if they can sell you a pair directly.
As to weather proofing them, Obenaufs heavy duty LP is the way to go. I use it on all my boots.post #1413 of 331610/1/12 at 8:36ampost #1414 of 331610/1/12 at 8:41ampost #1415 of 331610/1/12 at 8:43ampost #1416 of 331610/1/12 at 4:27pmI have the beckman boot in chestnut (9013), and the suede chuka (3143), last 210. The beckman is size 9, the Chukka is 9.5, both fit me well. However I'm wondering what size I should get in the Beckman oxford (9042,9043) and the 9148 moccasin/boatshoe. The oxfords are on last 224 and the Beckman boots are on last 8, whereas the moccasin/boatshoes are on last 516-2 (whatever that means).post #1417 of 331610/1/12 at 4:30pmpost #1418 of 331610/2/12 at 9:21amSo, I basically have no good clothing for wear at work when it rains or snows.
My office is all business casual ( button down collared shirts + slacks, but not suit or jacket necessary ).
What boot would fit the following?
- Is dressy enough to wear with grey/brown/navy dress pants (can't be too clunky - prefer something somewhat sleek)
- have a rubber sole (dainite or commando)
- are fairly water proof (no suede)
Basically, something that's waterproof and rugged enough to handle snow, but not super clunky. I'm in DC so it usually doesn't snow that hard.post #1419 of 331610/2/12 at 10:33am
All Red Wings are bulbous/bulky/clunky. The Beckman's can be polished up nicely and have a commando sole. But again, clunky for sure.
Wolverine 1K's would be a good choice. The leather sole will be fine. They have a less clunky look for a boot.
Or you could look at AE Eagle Country or Long Branch.
Or Alden options.post #1420 of 331610/5/12 at 2:20pmpost #1421 of 331610/5/12 at 3:30pmQuote:
Looking good, nice job!!post #1422 of 331610/10/12 at 10:39ampost #1423 of 331610/10/12 at 2:01pmpost #1424 of 331610/11/12 at 6:07ampost #1425 of 331610/15/12 at 7:52am
Hello all, I have a couple of questions regarding my Redwings, hopefully someone can help.
What's the best methed of applying the pine/mink liquid oil? Using a cloth or just work in with hands? How much should be used?
I gave my 3 year old 875 a coat of oil after a good clean using the leather cleaner but they appear just as dry if not more so than beforehand.
- Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 20 seconds ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 23 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Fit Critique, Sport Coat 5 minutes ago
- › Crockett and Jones for Brooks Brothers Cordovan Boots and Shoes 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 6 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 7 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?