Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicMade In The United Statestagged by StyleforumRobot, 1/4/15
- itemRed Wing Men's 2990 11" Engineer Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemRed Wing Men's Wabasha Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemRed Wing Men's Wabasha Chukkatagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- brandRed Wing Motorcycletagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- brandRed Wing Shoestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- itemRed Wing Shoes Men's 6" Beckman Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemRed Wing Shoes Men's 6" Classic Moc Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11More
- itemRed Wing Shoes Men's Beckman Chukka Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
Related Forum Threads
- Calling all LLBean Katahdin Iron Works Boots owners Last post on 4/14/16 at 12:08pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Crescent Down Works Italian Vest; Made in US Selvedge Levi's; Red Wing Boots, more Last post on 3/14/11 at 4:00pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Red Wing Heritage 9012 9.5D Chestnut moc-toe boot. ***FINAL REDUCTION!*** Last post on 1/4/13 at 2:38pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Red Wing Boots | Baracuta Harrington | SeaVees Last post on 7/7/11 at 7:29pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 5/12 Drop! Buttero, NDC, Red Wing GT,GramSE, Edwin, Fred Perry, Mabitex,Hickey F Last post on 5/12/11 at 1:04pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: Today
- Styleforum Visits Horween LeatherLast edited: 2/16/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion - Page 95post #1411 of 34399/29/12 at 5:29pmpost #1412 of 34399/29/12 at 7:16pmQuote:
Yes, the first time I bought Red Wing, I got a pair of 10.5. They were too big for me and the retailer did not accept return. I emailed Red Wing and they let me do a size exchange with them directly They are awesome. If you can't find your size online, email them to see if they can sell you a pair directly.
As to weather proofing them, Obenaufs heavy duty LP is the way to go. I use it on all my boots.post #1413 of 343910/1/12 at 8:36ampost #1414 of 343910/1/12 at 8:41ampost #1415 of 343910/1/12 at 8:43ampost #1416 of 343910/1/12 at 4:27pmI have the beckman boot in chestnut (9013), and the suede chuka (3143), last 210. The beckman is size 9, the Chukka is 9.5, both fit me well. However I'm wondering what size I should get in the Beckman oxford (9042,9043) and the 9148 moccasin/boatshoe. The oxfords are on last 224 and the Beckman boots are on last 8, whereas the moccasin/boatshoes are on last 516-2 (whatever that means).post #1417 of 343910/1/12 at 4:30pmpost #1418 of 343910/2/12 at 9:21amSo, I basically have no good clothing for wear at work when it rains or snows.
My office is all business casual ( button down collared shirts + slacks, but not suit or jacket necessary ).
What boot would fit the following?
- Is dressy enough to wear with grey/brown/navy dress pants (can't be too clunky - prefer something somewhat sleek)
- have a rubber sole (dainite or commando)
- are fairly water proof (no suede)
Basically, something that's waterproof and rugged enough to handle snow, but not super clunky. I'm in DC so it usually doesn't snow that hard.post #1419 of 343910/2/12 at 10:33am
All Red Wings are bulbous/bulky/clunky. The Beckman's can be polished up nicely and have a commando sole. But again, clunky for sure.
Wolverine 1K's would be a good choice. The leather sole will be fine. They have a less clunky look for a boot.
Or you could look at AE Eagle Country or Long Branch.
Or Alden options.post #1420 of 343910/5/12 at 2:20pmpost #1421 of 343910/5/12 at 3:30pmQuote:
Looking good, nice job!!post #1422 of 343910/10/12 at 10:39ampost #1423 of 343910/10/12 at 2:01pmpost #1424 of 343910/11/12 at 6:07ampost #1425 of 343910/15/12 at 7:52am
Hello all, I have a couple of questions regarding my Redwings, hopefully someone can help.
What's the best methed of applying the pine/mink liquid oil? Using a cloth or just work in with hands? How much should be used?
I gave my 3 year old 875 a coat of oil after a good clean using the leather cleaner but they appear just as dry if not more so than beforehand.
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 1 minute ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Christian Kimber Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Japanese Online Stores Proxy Service ZenMarket.jp - Official... 14 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 18 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 21 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 21 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide