Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New gap denim Last post on 8/1/15 at 7:05pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 652post #9766 of 211233/25/10 at 12:16am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9767 of 211233/25/10 at 12:24amQuote:Thanks guys, Synthese the first two are exactly what I'm looking for. Anyone know how to size acne?
also check out the KMW sale on Detour if they have your size:
free worldwide shipping is a bonus.post #9768 of 211233/25/10 at 6:35ampost #9769 of 211233/25/10 at 9:33amQuote:Yeah, Hem for sure, but make sure to leave enough for shrink, stacking, cuff etc. Leave more than you think, even if you've soaked the jeans or washed them. There can be more shrink, and if you hem too much, you're screwed.
Blue in Green, Self Edge, Blue Owl (and I think Denim Doctors) all do chainstitch hemming for $20-25 or so. You pay shipping. They do a great job. Blue in Green turn-around is a day or two, Self Edge is a week.
Personally, I think a chainstitch hem is worth it.
What's the benefit of a chainstitch hem or a better hem over the other? Noob question, but why should I get someone to do it when I can do it myself(other then Id like to take care of my jeans properly)post #9770 of 211233/25/10 at 12:18pmpost #9771 of 211233/25/10 at 12:56pmQuote:I can't decide between some Left Field Raw Selvedge's in Indigo or 3sixteen's. I have some Naked & Famous WeirdGuys and I love the cut so I guess I want something similar. Any help?post #9772 of 211233/25/10 at 3:56pmpost #9773 of 211233/25/10 at 4:37pmpost #9774 of 211233/25/10 at 5:54pmpost #9775 of 211233/25/10 at 8:29pm
So I have had one pair of APC NS for about two years now. They were my first raw denim and remained my only raws until recently when I bought a pair of 3sixteen's. Since I work in an office setting my jeans only get worn about 2 days a week. Since they don't get that much wear I never washed them (I promise they dont smell) and I am now ready to take the leap into washing. There is definitely some visible wear and fading going on so I'm thinking the results will be pretty good. Does anyone have any tips or ideas on how I should wash them for the first time. Cold soak, woolite black, etc... Thanks in advance for the help..
Edited by mattyb124 - 3/4/12 at 10:28ampost #9776 of 211233/25/10 at 9:43pmpost #9777 of 211233/25/10 at 9:58pmQuote:Why are cuffs so popular now? I'm getting a pair of N&F weird guys and I'm tempted to cuff them, but I'm not sure about the look. Hm.
I think cuffing high is popular right now because of J crew. That Frank guy there is a master at casual yet dressy and high cuff plays into it so wellpost #9778 of 211233/25/10 at 10:24pmpost #9779 of 211233/26/10 at 12:34am
- I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Official Sales Alert thread 33 seconds ago
- › Calvin Klein X Suit. Does this look like poly? 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 13 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 14 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 15 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 16 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015