or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 652

post #9766 of 20759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post
If you have to tripple roll your jeans to sit right should you hem them? I am just going with the tripple roll for now, only place I can get to hem my jeans will use a synthetic thread that looks nothing like the rest of the stitching.
Yeah, Hem for sure, but make sure to leave enough for shrink, stacking, cuff etc. Leave more than you think, even if you've soaked the jeans or washed them. There can be more shrink, and if you hem too much, you're screwed. Blue in Green, Self Edge, Blue Owl (and I think Denim Doctors) all do chainstitch hemming for $20-25 or so. You pay shipping. They do a great job. Blue in Green turn-around is a day or two, Self Edge is a week. Personally, I think a chainstitch hem is worth it.
post #9767 of 20759
Quote:
Originally Posted by thats.mana View Post
Thanks guys, Synthese the first two are exactly what I'm looking for. Anyone know how to size acne?

also check out the KMW sale on Detour if they have your size:
1950s:
http://www.shopdetour.com/product/ki...950-darby.html

1980s:
http://www.shopdetour.com/product/ki...1980-jack.html

free worldwide shipping is a bonus.
post #9768 of 20759
I can't decide between some Left Field Raw Selvedge's in Indigo or 3sixteen's.
I have some Naked & Famous WeirdGuys and I love the cut so I guess I want something similar.
Any help?
post #9769 of 20759
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlyngard View Post
Yeah, Hem for sure, but make sure to leave enough for shrink, stacking, cuff etc. Leave more than you think, even if you've soaked the jeans or washed them. There can be more shrink, and if you hem too much, you're screwed.

Blue in Green, Self Edge, Blue Owl (and I think Denim Doctors) all do chainstitch hemming for $20-25 or so. You pay shipping. They do a great job. Blue in Green turn-around is a day or two, Self Edge is a week.

Personally, I think a chainstitch hem is worth it.


What's the benefit of a chainstitch hem or a better hem over the other? Noob question, but why should I get someone to do it when I can do it myself(other then Id like to take care of my jeans properly)
post #9770 of 20759
Hi, been a lurker for ages... Just wanted to ask... Anyone with experience with Burgus Plus jeans? They look real good for a great price.. Have a pair of Eternal 811s. How does Burgus Plus jeans, specifically the 770 measure up? Anyone?
post #9771 of 20759
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotesMcGotes View Post
I can't decide between some Left Field Raw Selvedge's in Indigo or 3sixteen's. I have some Naked & Famous WeirdGuys and I love the cut so I guess I want something similar. Any help?
LF and 3-Sixteen are opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of denim, fit and attitude. Left Field is vintage-y, really slubby (almost Samurai/PBJ slubby), very loom-textured, with a workwear vintage 501 cut. 3-sixteen is going to be a much closer match, both denim and cut. Smooth, crisp, dark, modern cut. I don't think you'll love the LF unless you really want a very unusual denim. I didn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdoc View Post
What's the benefit of a chainstitch hem or a better hem over the other? Noob question, but why should I get someone to do it when I can do it myself(other then Id like to take care of my jeans properly)
Yeah, that's pretty noob. Hunt around on the forums (here and SuFu) for that answer first. Search 'hem' and 'chainstitch' In the end, it's all a matter of preference. One way isn't specifically 'better'. Chainstich both allows for a different 'roping effect' as it fades and shrinks, and is more true to a traditional denim hem detail. I also like the pronounced stitch. I cuff.
post #9772 of 20759
If I'm a 32 waist regularly, what waist size in these should I get? http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/RAF+BY...V/sts/sr_men80 do raf jeans fit true to size?
post #9773 of 20759
I think ARW said he went up 1 but I don't know personally
post #9774 of 20759
Why are cuffs so popular now? I'm getting a pair of N&F weird guys and I'm tempted to cuff them, but I'm not sure about the look. Hm.
post #9775 of 20759

So I have had one pair of APC NS for about two years now. They were my first raw denim and remained my only raws until recently when I bought a pair of 3sixteen's. Since I work in an office setting my jeans only get worn about 2 days a week. Since they don't get that much wear I never washed them (I promise they dont smell) and I am now ready to take the leap into washing. There is definitely some visible wear and fading going on so I'm thinking the results will be pretty good. Does anyone have any tips or ideas on how I should wash them for the first time. Cold soak, woolite black, etc... Thanks in advance for the help..


Edited by mattyb124 - 3/4/12 at 10:28am
post #9776 of 20759
Looking for a jean fit with wide thighs and tapered bottoms. Similar to the nudie jeans big bengt fit
post #9777 of 20759
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfire View Post
Why are cuffs so popular now? I'm getting a pair of N&F weird guys and I'm tempted to cuff them, but I'm not sure about the look. Hm.

I think cuffing high is popular right now because of J crew. That Frank guy there is a master at casual yet dressy and high cuff plays into it so well
post #9778 of 20759
If I wear a 30 in Levi's, etc, I should be getting a 28 in APC Petite Standards, correct?
post #9779 of 20759
What are good/ decent brands to look at if I want to wear suspender jeans? No, no osh kosh. Thanks.
post #9780 of 20759
lvc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.