Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New gap denim Last post on 11/25/15 at 8:57pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 652post #9766 of 214713/25/10 at 12:16ampost #9767 of 214713/25/10 at 12:24amQuote:Thanks guys, Synthese the first two are exactly what I'm looking for. Anyone know how to size acne?
also check out the KMW sale on Detour if they have your size:
free worldwide shipping is a bonus.post #9768 of 214713/25/10 at 6:35ampost #9769 of 214713/25/10 at 9:33amQuote:Yeah, Hem for sure, but make sure to leave enough for shrink, stacking, cuff etc. Leave more than you think, even if you've soaked the jeans or washed them. There can be more shrink, and if you hem too much, you're screwed.
Blue in Green, Self Edge, Blue Owl (and I think Denim Doctors) all do chainstitch hemming for $20-25 or so. You pay shipping. They do a great job. Blue in Green turn-around is a day or two, Self Edge is a week.
Personally, I think a chainstitch hem is worth it.
What's the benefit of a chainstitch hem or a better hem over the other? Noob question, but why should I get someone to do it when I can do it myself(other then Id like to take care of my jeans properly)post #9770 of 214713/25/10 at 12:18pmpost #9771 of 214713/25/10 at 12:56pmQuote:I can't decide between some Left Field Raw Selvedge's in Indigo or 3sixteen's. I have some Naked & Famous WeirdGuys and I love the cut so I guess I want something similar. Any help?post #9772 of 214713/25/10 at 3:56pmpost #9773 of 214713/25/10 at 4:37pmpost #9774 of 214713/25/10 at 5:54pmpost #9775 of 214713/25/10 at 8:29pm
So I have had one pair of APC NS for about two years now. They were my first raw denim and remained my only raws until recently when I bought a pair of 3sixteen's. Since I work in an office setting my jeans only get worn about 2 days a week. Since they don't get that much wear I never washed them (I promise they dont smell) and I am now ready to take the leap into washing. There is definitely some visible wear and fading going on so I'm thinking the results will be pretty good. Does anyone have any tips or ideas on how I should wash them for the first time. Cold soak, woolite black, etc... Thanks in advance for the help..
Edited by mattyb124 - 3/4/12 at 10:28ampost #9776 of 214713/25/10 at 9:43pmpost #9777 of 214713/25/10 at 9:58pmQuote:Why are cuffs so popular now? I'm getting a pair of N&F weird guys and I'm tempted to cuff them, but I'm not sure about the look. Hm.
I think cuffing high is popular right now because of J crew. That Frank guy there is a master at casual yet dressy and high cuff plays into it so wellpost #9778 of 214713/25/10 at 10:24pmpost #9779 of 214713/26/10 at 12:34ampost #9780 of 214713/26/10 at 11:27am
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 4 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 4 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit... 8 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 9 minutes ago
- › *BIG DROP* VASS Burgundy Shell Cordovan Double Monk Strap U-Last EU... 13 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 19 minutes ago
- › BNIB Carlos Santos Balmoral Boot in brown patina 21 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 29 minutes ago
- › BNIB Vass Old English II in Antic Cognac calf 30 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...