Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New gap denim Last post on 11/25/15 at 8:57pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 652post #9766 of 214073/25/10 at 12:16ampost #9767 of 214073/25/10 at 12:24amQuote:Thanks guys, Synthese the first two are exactly what I'm looking for. Anyone know how to size acne?
also check out the KMW sale on Detour if they have your size:
free worldwide shipping is a bonus.post #9768 of 214073/25/10 at 6:35ampost #9769 of 214073/25/10 at 9:33amQuote:Yeah, Hem for sure, but make sure to leave enough for shrink, stacking, cuff etc. Leave more than you think, even if you've soaked the jeans or washed them. There can be more shrink, and if you hem too much, you're screwed.
Blue in Green, Self Edge, Blue Owl (and I think Denim Doctors) all do chainstitch hemming for $20-25 or so. You pay shipping. They do a great job. Blue in Green turn-around is a day or two, Self Edge is a week.
Personally, I think a chainstitch hem is worth it.
What's the benefit of a chainstitch hem or a better hem over the other? Noob question, but why should I get someone to do it when I can do it myself(other then Id like to take care of my jeans properly)post #9770 of 214073/25/10 at 12:18pmpost #9771 of 214073/25/10 at 12:56pmQuote:I can't decide between some Left Field Raw Selvedge's in Indigo or 3sixteen's. I have some Naked & Famous WeirdGuys and I love the cut so I guess I want something similar. Any help?post #9772 of 214073/25/10 at 3:56pmpost #9773 of 214073/25/10 at 4:37pmpost #9774 of 214073/25/10 at 5:54pmpost #9775 of 214073/25/10 at 8:29pm
So I have had one pair of APC NS for about two years now. They were my first raw denim and remained my only raws until recently when I bought a pair of 3sixteen's. Since I work in an office setting my jeans only get worn about 2 days a week. Since they don't get that much wear I never washed them (I promise they dont smell) and I am now ready to take the leap into washing. There is definitely some visible wear and fading going on so I'm thinking the results will be pretty good. Does anyone have any tips or ideas on how I should wash them for the first time. Cold soak, woolite black, etc... Thanks in advance for the help..
Edited by mattyb124 - 3/4/12 at 10:28ampost #9776 of 214073/25/10 at 9:43pmpost #9777 of 214073/25/10 at 9:58pmQuote:Why are cuffs so popular now? I'm getting a pair of N&F weird guys and I'm tempted to cuff them, but I'm not sure about the look. Hm.
I think cuffing high is popular right now because of J crew. That Frank guy there is a master at casual yet dressy and high cuff plays into it so wellpost #9778 of 214073/25/10 at 10:24pmpost #9779 of 214073/26/10 at 12:34ampost #9780 of 214073/26/10 at 11:27am
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 13 seconds ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 9 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 10 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 15 minutes ago
- › LAYER 0 FOOTWEAR OPPORTUNITY THREAD (SIZE 41) 16 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 17 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding