or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 503

post #7531 of 20885
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post
Try wearing a belt and see how much that helps, otherwise, I'd assume that more adjustments would have to be done with the entire top block.

I think I'll try one pair as a test.

Basically, they stay up fine, with a belt. It's just that if I tuck my shirt in, it kinda looks like they're pleated.

Thanks.
post #7532 of 20885
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash1080 View Post
Let's try this one....

I need a pair of blue denim. Needs to fit my 24" thighs at biggest part. I'm a true 31-32" waist though. I want a hem <8" so it looks slick with chucks or wingtips and also able to tuck into laced boots. I don't want a baggy ass 1950's loose fit levi cut either. Something like a straight cut, that will sort of show accentuate my lower half.

Suggestions?


ALSO

I LOVE the fit of my F380's from right above my knee up. From that point down though...it's way too big for my liking. Looks really baggy and I hate it. So maybe something that looks like the thigh up on my F380's but will taper in at knee down to sit closer to my body.

Ahh this is impossible.

f310? Slightly lower rise and slightly slimmer thigh but enough taper for you.
post #7533 of 20885
So, my samurai's are stacking all shitty after about two weeks and I'm not really one to cuff. I typically wear pretty narrow shoes so it sometimes makes them look like they're bootcut (see right leg below). Should I hem them to 34" from 36" like my APC's (though these have a wider hem anyways), try my hand at tapering them below the knee a bit more (again I don't cuff, so a wider selvedge line wouldn't really bother me, or a combination of the two. Ugly stacks:
post #7534 of 20885
well you can taper from the inseam and not lose selvedge if you go that route. id hem a little bit and let whats left of the stacks settle more. or let those settle more. they will settle.
post #7535 of 20885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozarks View Post
So, my samurai's are stacking all shitty after about two weeks and I'm not really one to cuff. I typically wear pretty narrow shoes so it sometimes makes them look like they're bootcut (see right leg below). Should I hem them to 34" from 36" like my APC's (though these have a wider hem anyways), try my hand at tapering them below the knee a bit more (again I don't cuff, so a wider selvedge line wouldn't really bother me, or a combination of the two. Ugly stacks:
Stacks look ugly on jeans with a wide hem. Perfect example above.
post #7536 of 20885
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitAkira View Post
Stacks look ugly on jeans with a wide hem. Perfect example above.

^ Agreed.

Stiff dense denim needs time to settle, especially below the knee. In your case, months.

If you want stacking like on slim jeans, buy slim jeans. Look for the narrowest leg opening and knee you can find.

Otherwise, reconsider your fit, taper these at a tailor, or hem them and don't stack so much.
post #7537 of 20885
Are these jeans fashionable and cool? http://www.amazon.com/Diesel-Zatiny-.../dp/B0011V4TOA They are 'bootcut fit" so does that mean they are unfashionable?
post #7538 of 20885
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash1080 View Post
Can I get my F380's tapered in at a tailor from the bottom thigh down to hem to resemble 05BSP's??
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post
f310? Slightly lower rise and slightly slimmer thigh but enough taper for you.
@dmash: that^ or just get exactly what you like [05BSP] already. don't waste time & money frankenstein-ing your jeans. there's that chance you might not even like the end product once they got tapered... then you wind up with a pair you're not happy with or a "chop-up" that will be hard to get rid off. if you don't like the fit, just sell and get the pair you want. that's part of what FS is for.

btw, i used to have both 1001 and 380, but decided to just keep 1... since i got a few slims, i chose to keep the 380 cuz the fit/style is quite unique from the other jeans i got. variety=flexibility. i don't want to end up with a dozen pairs that look the same. but, that just IMO

eidt: if you're having fit problem cuz you got large thighs, then 310s are not for you. check out SDA 103 cuz of the better thigh-waist proportion... seriously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozarks View Post
So, my samurai's are stacking all shitty after about two weeks and I'm not really one to cuff. I typically wear pretty narrow shoes so it sometimes makes them look like they're bootcut (see right leg below). Should I hem them to 34" from 36" like my APC's (though these have a wider hem anyways), try my hand at tapering them below the knee a bit more (again I don't cuff, so a wider selvedge line wouldn't really bother me, or a combination of the two.
Ugly stacks:
you don't have to stack [ALL] your jeans, as in you don't have to cuff [all the time] either. the fit of the jeans [on you] and what you wear them with pretty much dictate how you should wear them. the same pair/cut would fit differently due to individual anatomical built. considering your preference, i say hem those fcukers to +1 from your normal inseam [w/o break] for a simpler/cleaner look.
post #7539 of 20885
Quote:
Originally Posted by

you don't have to stack ALLyour jeans, as in you don't have to cuff [all the time
either. the fit of the jeans [on you] and what you wear them with pretty much dictate how you should wear them. the same pair/cut would fit differently due to individual anatomical built. considering your preference, i say hem those fcukers to +1 from your normal inseam [w/o break] for a simpler/cleaner look.

Word.
post #7540 of 20885
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Dapper Fellow View Post
Are these jeans fashionable and cool?

http://www.amazon.com/Diesel-Zatiny-.../dp/B0011V4TOA

They are 'bootcut fit" so does that mean they are unfashionable?

A lot of people will probably think it's cool and fashionable, then again a lot of people think coach is cool and fashionable. Personally I don't wear boot cut jeans, esp the lowrise, slim seat bootcut, but that doesn't mean someone else can't. Definitely don't pair them with sneakers like that, imo.
post #7541 of 20885
Thank you for your help

Quote:
Originally Posted by c00kz View Post
A lot of people will probably think it's cool and fashionable, then again a lot of people think coach is cool and fashionable.
I googled coach and found handbags. So these 'coach' products are unfashionable, so you think these jeans are of similar level of fashion and therefore unfashionable?
Quote:
Personally I don't wear boot cut jeans, esp the lowrise, slim seat bootcut, but that doesn't mean someone else can't. Definitely don't pair them with sneakers like that, imo.
I will be wearing black boots with them, and dark shirt.

From what I've gotten from your reply you seem to think that these are not a good choice.
post #7542 of 20885
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Dapper Fellow View Post
Thank you for your help I googled coach and found handbags. So these 'coach' products are unfashionable, so you think these jeans are of similar level of fashion and therefore unfashionable?
I'm saying you'll hear a large number of people claiming they are indeed fashionable based on the brand name. I'm implying the same large number of people aren't a good gauge for good fashion because many of them passively think coach is top notch.
Quote:
I will be wearing black boots with them, and dark shirt. From what I've gotten from your reply you seem to think that these are not a good choice.
A dark shirt and boots would be a good choice. I don't really care for these pair because I dislike the size of the pockets and the distance from the waistband. I'm 5'6", so I'd find my wallet against my hamstring if I wore them on the hips as pictured. Also, I'm assuming we mean fashion as 'good fashion'.
post #7543 of 20885
Quote:
Originally Posted by c00kz View Post
I'm saying you'll hear a large number of people claiming they are indeed fashionable based on the brand name. I'm implying the same large number of people aren't a good gauge for good fashion because many of them passively think coach is top notch. A dark shirt and boots would be a great choice. I don't really care for these pair because I dislike the size of the pockets and the distance from the waistband. I'm 5'6", so I'd find my wallet against my hamstring if I wore them on the hips as pictured.
OK thank you for your help again . It seems you dislike this pair of jeans based on the way the backside area is cut. What do you think of them based on the knee down i.e. the fact that they are bootcut? Are these a better choice:
post #7544 of 20885
You aren't a very good troll.
post #7545 of 20885
the trolls are helping each other now lol
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.