or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 44

post #646 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerman View Post
Which one you think is the best one to get?
19cm in most cases. 21cm and 17cm do have their fans though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerman View Post
How is the fit?
Great?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerman View Post
Are they TTS or do I size down? My measured waist is 30.
Size down. 1-3 depending on how tight you want it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerman View Post
Lastly where is the best place to buy them for the cheapest price?

The cheapest would be to go to the Dior Homme store and pick them up there. Otherwise the only retail choice is Barney's and you will not find a size under 30 in any store across the nation. I can verify this since I was at Barney's yesterday and the guy checked for a customer earlier. That leaves you with a few choices, I know TheGrapist at superfuture runs a proxy service for Dior Homme, the total coming to about $400 dollars per pair of jeans with shipping/proxy fee/etc.
post #647 of 21424
Thanks for the response. Can you explain to me what a proxy is please?
post #648 of 21424
Someone who will go to the store for you, make your purchase and send them to you. They usually charge a 10-12% fee.
post #649 of 21424
Oh nice. I cant PM him but I got his IM from superfuture So i will try and contact him. Thanks for the help. EDIT: Also how much are they instore? I would love a pair of 19CM in Black.
post #650 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerman View Post
Oh nice. I cant PM him but I got his IM from superfuture So i will try and contact him. Thanks for the help.


EDIT: Also how much are they instore? I would love a pair of 19CM in Black.

MII (made in italy) are about $255. MIJ (made in japan) are about $325. I'm not sure how the cuts are this season with KVA, but I do know he did replace the tab closure with buttons on some of the jeans (did he do this same with the standard dior raws as well?)
post #651 of 21424
quick, but important question. looking to buy a pair of straight svens from a SF member, but he has soaked them in hot water once (worn <10 times, hot H20 for shrinkage to fit...). will this affect the wear pf tyese jeans? will color just be blue w/ no fade?
post #652 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoy View Post
MII (made in italy) are about $255. MIJ (made in japan) are about $325. I'm not sure how the cuts are this season with KVA, but I do know he did replace the tab closure with buttons on some of the jeans (did he do this same with the standard dior raws as well?)

Im thinking about calling a Dior store and have a pair mail ordered. Can someone possibly post a pic of Dior Homme 19CM Made in italy? I would love to see what I am ordering and I think all the pics I have seen are the ones made in japan.
post #653 of 21424
Hi everyone,

i just discovered this site and i am sure you can help me.

I had always been wearing Levis 501. I am slim and not short, 5'11'', 155 p.
My hip bones are quite high.

By chance i "discovered" that there are also many other jeans out there so i started to try low waist ones, and after that i cant wear 501 anymore, as I fell they are too high.
I then started trying Diesel, 7 for mankind, levis E series, etc. but never found a pair that completely satisfies me. I also heard about Adriano Goldschmied but never tried.
Everyone is talking about the 7 for mankind, but I didn't see anything exceptional.

I admit that I am lost, and I am not sure I got the difference between "relaxed fit" and "loose leg", and all the rest...
I am simply looking for a normal, straight leg pair of jeans whose buttons are lower than 501. Should it be "low waist" or "sits below the waist", or "at the waist"?
I do not want bootcut, nor slim. Just low waist and straight leg. The problem with the ones I tried is that they are too tight. I wear size 32, and the 33 looks too big and saggy.
I also tried levis 505 and I don't like the leg too wide.

Which brand/model would you recommend? Diesel? Levis E? 7?

Thanks in advance
post #654 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerman View Post
Im thinking about calling a Dior store and have a pair mail ordered. Can someone possibly post a pic of Dior Homme 19CM Made in italy? I would love to see what I am ordering and I think all the pics I have seen are the ones made in japan.

They look pretty much the same.
post #655 of 21424
can someone reccomend longer jeans for me? I'm 6'9 and want to order jeans online, but most sites do not list the exact length of the jeans. I have a pair of blue bloods that are long and another that is really short, evisu geans, rmc, and armani so far.

How about APC? How do those run length wise?
post #656 of 21424
The Dior store in Beverly Hills doesn't even bother stocking the MII raws for some reason.

But yeah, they look pretty much the same. Apparently they have smaller back pockets though?
post #657 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by contaygious View Post
can someone reccomend longer jeans for me? I'm 6'9 and want to order jeans online, but most sites do not list the exact length of the jeans. I have a pair of blue bloods that are long and another that is really short, evisu geans, rmc, and armani so far.

How about APC? How do those run length wise?

Samurai is 38" inseam, but shrinks to around 36". I think Dior is 37" or 38" with minimal shrinkage. APC may not be long enough at that height, not too sure what their inseam is. Imperial has a 37.5" inseam.

Most of the stores the folks on this forum shop at should list the inseam, check out the following for sites that list good measurements.

www.selfedge.com
www.blueingreensoho.com
www.contextclothing.com
post #658 of 21424
thanks!
post #659 of 21424
Are these really the same pair of SSDS Nudie jeans? The position of the back pockets looks dramatically different...

Revolve:
http://www.revolveclothing.com/Displ...udie+Jeans&d=b

Selfedge:
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=193

Thanks.
post #660 of 21424
the yoke in the revolve pic is much lower than the selfedge pic, is the SS even supposed to have that much of a dropped yoke? i thought it was just the even steven, thin finn and the masa(ish) that have that much of a dropped yoke
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.