or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 40

post #586 of 21424
Anyone know anything about these Samurai (carpenter?) jeans?
post #587 of 21424
god damn, with all these ya'lls I feel like I'm watching Paula Deen's home cooking on the food network.
post #588 of 21424
hey all im going to be buying :

Nudie Jeans Regular Ralf in Dry Organic


im a 33 waist (TR's are a little loose at 33x33, and long obv). should i order a 33x32? im 6 foot tall.
post #589 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzt3117 View Post
Hipster is reasonably similar to RRDS in terms of rise, and leg opening, but it's not bootcut, it's more of a relaxed straight leg. It's also somewhat tighter in the top block than the RRDS.


In terms of rise, the hipster looks to be nothing like the RR.
post #590 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by somatoform View Post
In terms of rise, the hipster looks to be nothing like the RR.

Rise on a 32 RR is about 10", the Hipster is around 9 1/2 in 33 (which is a comparable size, it's not sized the same as the NS, Rescue, etc) I think that's pretty comparable. The top block is substantially different, though, the Hipster is a tighter jean in the seat than the RR.
post #591 of 21424
thanks brutus for pointing me in the direction of the sugar cane 1947. however can you confirm the length of the inseam for me because according to BiG it is 33.25 on the smaller sizes....

also should i size up as if i was buying lvc 1947's?
post #592 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post
Good Society isn't bad for the value if you're looking for a sub $100 jean.
Are they considered a step up in quality form Levi's? Also what what about Levi's Capital E Matchstick in Golden Haze. P.S. I looked at the APCs and Good Society and they are both Dry/Raw. It says to postpone washing them and wear them often? Does that mean wear them for six months without washing??
post #593 of 21424
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueforest View Post
Are they considered a step up in quality form Levi's? Also what what about Levi's Capital E Matchstick in Golden Haze. P.S. I looked at the APCs and Good Society and they are both Dry/Raw. It says to postpone washing them and wear them often? Does that mean wear them for six months without washing??
You'll need to do some searching on this forum as the "wear for six months" question has been asked many, many, many times. There are also all kinds of different levi's so saying that GS is a step up is a generalized statement. They're a step up from what you can buy at the mall but not as good as LVC. The Capital E line isn't well-respected around here.
post #594 of 21424
further to my post about the sugar cane 1947 unwashed shrink to fit jeans i'd like to add that I want them to fit like this:
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/images/..._1947/1947.jpg

and NOT like this: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...400_SL500_.jpg

so should i buy my exact waist size or even size down (i'll be using the bathtub method of shrinking so i dont need to worry about them shrinking too much) and can someone just assure me that the inseam is very long ( 36 or 38) on sizes 26, 27, 28 etc. Thanks very much in advance.
post #595 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueforest View Post
P.S. I looked at the APCs and Good Society and they are both Dry/Raw. It says to postpone washing them and wear them often? Does that mean wear them for six months without washing??

You might want to look around the forums some more because nearly all of the people will advocate dry/raw denim. You don't want to wash them because of the indigo loss and the loss of majority of the creases/fades/etc you've worked for.

The rule of thumb is to just wash them when they're smelly but don't wash them unless you have to.
post #596 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.S.Eliot View Post
further to my post about the sugar cane 1947 unwashed shrink to fit jeans i'd like to add that I want them to fit like this:
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/images/..._1947/1947.jpg

and NOT like this: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...400_SL500_.jpg

so should i buy my exact waist size or even size down (i'll be using the bathtub method of shrinking so i dont need to worry about them shrinking too much) and can someone just assure me that the inseam is very long ( 36 or 38) on sizes 26, 27, 28 etc. Thanks very much in advance.

I sized down 1 on my sugarcane 47's but didnt get anything like the fit you're looking for. They were tight in the waist and loose on the thighs / butt which gave me hip flare. Thats the way they're cut being a repro i guess. If you want a fit like the selfedge pic i say you'll be lucky to get that
post #597 of 21424
so i have a pair off rrds which i really liked, until my dad threw them into the washing machine without asking me -__-, so now they look like crap. I was looking for a pair of jeans with a similar fit, maybe slightly bigger in the thigh area, but more taper in the calf, the rrds seems to flare out alot. I was considering the apc rescue but i want to go into the Japanese denim realm. Suggestions? im 6'0 190. I wore a 34x32 in the nudies.
post #598 of 21424
samurai's s5000vx, studio d'artisan 103 seem to fit the bill
check BiG
post #599 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkt90755 View Post
so i have a pair off rrds which i really liked, until my dad threw them into the washing machine without asking me -__-, so now they look like crap. I was looking for a pair of jeans with a similar fit, maybe slightly bigger in the thigh area, but more taper in the calf, the rrds seems to flare out alot. I was considering the apc rescue but i want to go into the Japanese denim realm. Suggestions? im 6'0 190. I wore a 34x32 in the nudies.

You could honestly just keep wearing the nudies you already have and they would probably turn out just fine if you wear them hard enough and don't wash them for a long while.
post #600 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by modual View Post
I sized down 1 on my sugarcane 47's but didnt get anything like the fit you're looking for. They were tight in the waist and loose on the thighs / butt which gave me hip flare. Thats the way they're cut being a repro i guess. If you want a fit like the selfedge pic i say you'll be lucky to get that

I actually think my SC Oki's fit close to that selfedge pic. Mine drap more but that's because they've been my primary lower-half covering for the past year+.

I got mine one-wash. I'm not too sure it's important to get an anti-fit jean like the SCs in a STF because they aren't really going to shrink down to a skin-tight size. I'd say find a one-wash pair and just get true to size. They'll be a little tight at first but they'll eventually form to your waist.

BTW, I measured my 30s when I got them and the inseam is 34".
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.