or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 372

post #5566 of 21424
That's probably a name that COH uses specifically for their brand. Anyway, there's a thread for this. Moving to appropriate location.
post #5567 of 21424
I'm debating between PBJ 005s, KMW 1980 and Iron heart 634. I want the best slimfit jean for money. I can't which ones would look the nicest. Any opinions?
post #5568 of 21424
KMW's fade like shit (nobody is willing to say it, but it's true), but they'll last you a long time.

PBJ's fade fairly quick and the denim is amazing, but they are prone to need more repairs in the long run because of the slubbiness.

Ironhearts don't fade very quickly, but look beautiful and are one of the most durable jeans out there.

In terms of appearance, I'm partial to the 005's, but in terms of overall best value/longevity, Ironhearts win for sure.
post #5569 of 21424
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Our_Benefactors View Post
KMW's fade like shit (nobody is willing to say it, but it's true), but they'll last you a long time.
Pro tip: When you say something is "true," try to have some factual evidence to back up your claim.
post #5570 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by aoluffy View Post
I'm debating between PBJ 005s, KMW 1980 and Iron heart 634. I want the best slimfit jean for money. I can't which ones would look the nicest. Any opinions?
I think it all depends on what your priorities are. The parameters I apply to "best" are probably different than yours. That said, I'll tell you my likes and dislikes of each one and hopefully that'll help you make a decision. First off, my jeans are all a little different than the ones you're looking at. I've got the PBJ 007, 1980 Context x KMW black on black, and SExIH01BK. But they're similar enough that I can make some general observations. PBJ: Fabric is slubbiest of the 3 and stretches almost as much as the IHs. Love the cut and fit. KMW: I don't really like the exposed selvedge on the coin pocket and the back pockets look slightly disproportionately large. Love the fact that you can get different inseams. Felled inseams and natural indigo are also nice touches. Fit is very similar to 005 but with slightly larger leg opening so the stacking may be less intense depending on your shoes. IH: Mine are a different cut and dye so all I can say here is that I *think* the 634 will look the least slim fitting of the 3 because of how 21oz denim falls. It's just another sport. They are stubborn to fade, probably stretch more than the other 2 and stack differently due to the denim weight. My vote in order is PBJ (best bang for the buck), IH, KMW. Good luck.
post #5571 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post
Pro tip: When you say something is "true," try to have some factual evidence to back up your claim. pics removed
Do you have any pictures that aren't overexposed? It's really hard to tell what the jeans actually look like in those shots. Also your "pro tip" really doesn't apply. Posting one poorly faded pair wouldn't prove that the brand as a whole doesn't fade well. There have been shitty fades on any kind of jean, but that doesn't mean that they can't fade well. However, given that I have never seen a pair of KMW I liked, I said that they fade like shit.
post #5572 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by aoluffy View Post
I'm debating between PBJ 005s, KMW 1980 and Iron heart 634.

I want the best slimfit jean for money. I can't which ones would look the nicest.

Any opinions?

the only true slimfit jean out of those 3 is the xx005's. 1980's aren't as slim xx005's. and the iron hearts 634 is a true straight fit.

so go with the xx005's for the slimmest fit of those 3.
post #5573 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmmk View Post
Will washed acne mics work in my APC NS size?


probably not. washed jeans aren't going to stretch as much as raw because you are generally going to wash them every few wears and they will shrink back, i would say 1 above your NS size as i think acne's are +1 of tagged size for the waist.
post #5574 of 21424
Do Ironhearts do a slimfit jean?
post #5575 of 21424
^ Survey says… yes.
post #5576 of 21424
Hem!
post #5577 of 21424
different cut
post #5578 of 21424
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Our_Benefactors View Post
Do you have any pictures that aren't overexposed? It's really hard to tell what the jeans actually look like in those shots.

Also your "pro tip" really doesn't apply. Posting one poorly faded pair wouldn't prove that the brand as a whole doesn't fade well. There have been shitty fades on any kind of jean, but that doesn't mean that they can't fade well. However, given that I have never seen a pair of KMW I liked, I said that they fade like shit.

You can feel free to do your own homework. There are plenty of photos posted on superfuture and a few posted on the gallery here as well as on the denim pics thread. The pics I posted were from Context's site which I touched up since they were extremely dark; those shots don't even begin to do the jeans justice as I've seen in person several worn-in pairs that were sent to Japan to copy as washes (including the pair shown in those pics.)
post #5579 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Our_Benefactors View Post
different cut
+1

That being said, hem, but I think you should keep some room for stacking/a single cuff.
post #5580 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by aoluffy View Post
I'm debating between PBJ 005s, KMW 1980 and Iron heart 634.

I want the best slimfit jean for money. I can't which ones would look the nicest.

Any opinions?

I'd recommend the PBJs, from all I've seen and experienced (I have a pair of xx-005s) they're about as nice a slim fit as you'll find. The denim is just gorgeous.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.