or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 4

post #46 of 20767
why is this tagged with Alicia Silverstone?

Not that I am complaining, but...

K
post #47 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by VKK3450 View Post
why is this tagged with Alicia Silverstone? Not that I am complaining, but... K
Maybe it's a reference to Clueless? I assume the JJ Abrams is a reference to Lost...
post #48 of 20767
is there anything that fits like a NS (or at least not much fuller) in the legs but a slightly higher rise and more room in the hips/seat.
post #49 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by totally epic View Post
Ok, this has been bugging me for a while. Nobody says pant, trouser, pajama, or boxer so why say jean?

Clinton on 'What Not To Wear' says this all the time. It's a womenswear affectation, apparently.

/Friday Night Shut-In
//Saturday Too...
post #50 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by smw356 View Post
is there anything that fits like a NS (or at least not much fuller) in the legs but a slightly higher rise and more room in the hips/seat.



post #51 of 20767
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by amlai View Post
Maybe it's a reference to Clueless? I assume the JJ Abrams is a reference to Lost...
Bingo. And Richard Linklater for "Dazed and Confused."
post #52 of 20767
Okay SF'ers. I have finally decided to jump into the Raw Denim arena.

To start with, I'm 5'6ish around 120 lbs, so a skinny motherfucker basically.

At the moment, I'm wearing Levi's (29 x 30) and they fit pretty decent. I can get away wearing them without belt, not too loose basically (probably because they are stretched out? I think I recall them being tight initially). And I'm looking for the thin (but not girly-jeans tight) and slim fit and on Denimbar I noticed that Acne Max in Raw aren't too terribly priced (I have rather low budget) so I think I will settle on these:

http://www.denimbaronline.com/store/...PARTMENT_ID=38

Acne Max in Raw.

What is the general consensus for Acne jeans sizing? Should I go with 28 X 32? Will that work out and accomodate any (slight) stretching? Or should I stick to 29 X32?

Pity Denimbar doesn't carry APC huh. I've been lurking forums for the longest time, and I hear about APC NS all the time.
post #53 of 20767
Denimbar carries APC, just not on their website.
post #54 of 20767
I was referring to Online though
post #55 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrake9072 View Post
I was referring to Online though

I think if you call them up maybe they take orders? (I know using a phone is rather antiquated)
post #56 of 20767
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrake9072 View Post
Okay SF'ers. I have finally decided to jump into the Raw Denim arena.

To start with, I'm 5'6ish around 120 lbs, so a skinny motherfucker basically.

At the moment, I'm wearing Levi's (29 x 30) and they fit pretty decent. I can get away wearing them without belt, not too loose basically (probably because they are stretched out? I think I recall them being tight initially). And I'm looking for the thin (but not girly-jeans tight) and slim fit and on Denimbar I noticed that Acne Max in Raw aren't too terribly priced (I have rather low budget) so I think I will settle on these:

http://www.denimbaronline.com/store/...PARTMENT_ID=38

Acne Max in Raw.

What is the general consensus for Acne jeans sizing? Should I go with 28 X 32? Will that work out and accomodate any (slight) stretching? Or should I stick to 29 X32?

Pity Denimbar doesn't carry APC huh. I've been lurking forums for the longest time, and I hear about APC NS all the time.
Hmm...I've tried them on and absolutely loved them. I'm not sure if you're used to wearing a belt like I am, but I'd probably stick to your Levi's size. They're pretty fitted as it is and I can't imagine having to beg for the Max's to stretch out another inch for me to feel comfortable. The denim is no big deal, as is the construction, but the fit is awesome in my book.
post #57 of 20767
Thanks for the replies guys. I'll definately try contacting via phone.
post #58 of 20767
What jeans fit similarly to the 5EPxSF (low-mid rise, fitted top block, taper below the knee) but with more room in the thigh? Another way of putting it is: what fitted jeans are known for being slim in the waistband and top-block in comparison to the thigh?
post #59 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asch View Post
What jeans fit similarly to the 5EPxSF (low-mid rise, fitted top block, taper below the knee) but with more room in the thigh? Another way of putting it is: what fitted jeans are known for being slim in the waistband and top-block in comparison to the thigh?
Unfortunately, I can't help you. I'm kind of looking for the opposite... I'm looking for similar top block, similar thigh, but less taper below the knee. Any suggestions?
post #60 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by amlai View Post
Unfortunately, I can't help you. I'm kind of looking for the opposite... I'm looking for similar top block, similar thigh, but less taper below the knee. Any suggestions?

Studio D'Artisan 103 or Rag & Bone RB11?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.