or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 254

post #3796 of 21424
not even taking into consideration if they're sanforized or not, would jeans that aren't 100% cotton shrink much at all in the first place...? I'd imagine they wouldn't especially if its a cotton/elastane blend.
post #3797 of 21424
I got mud on my stfs right on the knees where there is fading. Best way to get it off? I put a little water on the area and wiped/scratched it out but theres still a stain
post #3798 of 21424
I have a pair of APC Petite Standards (26, sized down 2 from my natural waist) that fit great. But now i'm looking for jeans that fit similarly in the top and thighs (and with a low rise) but with a slightly wider leg opening (maybe half an inch or so). So I ordered a pair of New Standards sized down 3 and they were very loose, baggy and the rise was way too high. I'm really small / thin and now I'm thinking my frame is suited to extremely tapered jeans. But now I guess I'm just looking for a pair that's slightly wider at the leg opening. My Petite Standards measure 6.25 inches at the hem.

I'm sending the NS back to Context so I'll have $155 in store credit with them. Can anyone give me any recommendations off their website that might fit what I'm looking for? I'm interested in the KMW Rockers and wondering how tapered / skinny those are in comparison to the Petite Standards. There's also the Somet 008s but those have that weird dart in the leg I'm not a fan of.

Thanks!
post #3799 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by spudeey View Post
I got mud on my stfs right on the knees where there is fading. Best way to get it off? I put a little water on the area and wiped/scratched it out but theres still a stain

Don't be scared to wash your jeans.
post #3800 of 21424
I just bought a pair of uniqlo raw selvadge jeans, but the dye is rubbing off on everything. If I don't care about fading, should I just toss them in the wash?
post #3801 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by van_hammersly View Post
I have a pair of APC Petite Standards (26, sized down 2 from my natural waist) that fit great. But now i'm looking for jeans that fit similarly in the top and thighs (and with a low rise) but with a slightly wider leg opening (maybe half an inch or so). So I ordered a pair of New Standards sized down 3 and they were very loose, baggy and the rise was way too high. I'm really small / thin and now I'm thinking my frame is suited to extremely tapered jeans. But now I guess I'm just looking for a pair that's slightly wider at the leg opening. My Petite Standards measure 6.25 inches at the hem.

I'm sending the NS back to Context so I'll have $155 in store credit with them. Can anyone give me any recommendations off their website that might fit what I'm looking for? I'm interested in the KMW Rockers and wondering how tapered / skinny those are in comparison to the Petite Standards. There's also the Somet 008s but those have that weird dart in the leg I'm not a fan of.

Thanks!

somet 003 or 008 are pretty close to petit standards.
post #3802 of 21424
Alright, I'm looking to buy some APC New Standards tonight, but am a little skeptical on the sizing. Fortunately, I have a tape measure and can take some measurements of myself. Can anyone explain to me how I should measure myself and how that should translate into purchasing some New Standards?
post #3803 of 21424
This is probably a stupid question, but is there any way I can choose different inseam lengths for my NS? On websites I clearly see how to change waist sizes, but I don't see any option for changing inseam sizing. What's the deal?
post #3804 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover216 View Post
Alright, I'm looking to buy some APC New Standards tonight, but am a little skeptical on the sizing. Fortunately, I have a tape measure and can take some measurements of myself. Can anyone explain to me how I should measure myself and how that should translate into purchasing some New Standards?
Measure the waist, subtract 2 to begin with (to account for vanity sizing), then subtract 1-3 more (to account for stretch) depending on the fit you're looking for. Generally speaking, 1=loose, 2=slim, 3=skinny. So if you have a true 32 waist and are looking for a slim fit, you'd want 32 - 2 - 2 = tagged size 28.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover216 View Post
This is probably a stupid question, but is there any way I can choose different inseam lengths for my NS? On websites I clearly see how to change waist sizes, but I don't see any option for changing inseam sizing. What's the deal?
Most designer denim is only offered in a single inseam; APCs are approximately 34" for size 30 and below, 36" above. If it's too long, get it hemmed.
post #3805 of 21424
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpcelery View Post
I just bought a pair of uniqlo raw selvadge jeans, but the dye is rubbing off on everything. If I don't care about fading, should I just toss them in the wash?
Giving them a soak in water will help take off a bit of that initial indigo but don't expect it to be stain-proof afterwards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover216 View Post
Alright, I'm looking to buy some APC New Standards tonight, but am a little skeptical on the sizing. Fortunately, I have a tape measure and can take some measurements of myself. Can anyone explain to me how I should measure myself and how that should translate into purchasing some New Standards?
You go down two sizes based on what your "usual" pants size is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover216 View Post
This is probably a stupid question, but is there any way I can choose different inseam lengths for my NS? On websites I clearly see how to change waist sizes, but I don't see any option for changing inseam sizing. What's the deal?
No. Inseam is predetermined by waist size.

If you have any more questions, feel free to look at the APC thread.
post #3806 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqhong View Post
Measure the waist, subtract 2 to begin with (to account for vanity sizing), then subtract 1-3 more (to account for stretch) depending on the fit you're looking for. Generally speaking, 1=loose, 2=slim, 3=skinny. So if you have a true 32 waist and are looking for a slim fit, you'd want 32 - 2 - 2 = tagged size 28.


Most designer denim is only offered in a single inseam; APCs are approximately 34" for size 30 and below, 36" above. If it's too long, get it hemmed.

Wow, thanks! Pretty much answered all my questions. That's too bad about not offering different inseams, because 34" is a little long for me. Another noob question, would you recommend me to hem the jeans myself, or take it to someone?
post #3807 of 21424
Alright, another dumb question. Where do I measure my waist exactly? Is it right at my bellybutton? Above my bellybutton? Below my bellybutton?
post #3808 of 21424
Thread Starter 
Measure a pair of pants you already wear.
post #3809 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqhong View Post
Measure the waist, subtract 2 to begin with (to account for vanity sizing)...

Wait, are you sure you don't add 2 inches to your measurement. I was just reading up this Jeans Style Guide and it says:

"Measure your waist and hips with the measuring tape a bit loose. Note that your actual waist measurement will not equal jean waist size. For example, a person with a 26-inch waist typically wears jeans with a 28-inch waist."

It looks like it advises adding two inches to your waist measurement to find your normal jean size. I agree that you should subtract two from your normal jean size to account for APC's stretching, but I'm still a little confused on finding that "normal jean size" from measuring my own waist (which I'm also not sure how exactly to do).
post #3810 of 21424
Thread Starter 
You're right. This is my first time giving advice to someone on how to measure their own pants for a pair of APCs.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.