or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 251

post #3751 of 21424
just some clarification on rag and bone jeans - are they sanfordized and how much will they strech before first wash(approx)?
post #3752 of 21424
Thread Starter 
A good majority of designer jeans are sanforized since the general public is relatively clueless about STF; so yes, rb is sanforized. I haven't found rb to stretch that much, maybe an inch or so?
post #3753 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjakapeanut View Post
if you're going to come at my english/writing prowess you're barking up the wrong tree big guy.

<----- scored better than you on any english/writing exam ever and has been published several times. also english major.

however, i completely understand that you have a reputation to uphold here on styleforum.

i respect the effort.

PS: i will keep track of the pics btw because i want to create something similar to this:



credit xcoalesce of sufu on his APCs. washed once a month for the first four months he had them. so he says. seems almost unbelievable unless he runs up and down hills all day.

I didn't know APCs faded that nicely. The original color looked almost black with visible white threads from the warp or weft. I never thought the color would fade to blue. Thanks for sharing.
post #3754 of 21424
Are there any Levi's that are similar to the Tommy Hilfiger ones that are Custom Straight, sits below waist, slightly fitted through thigh, straight leg, W36 (or W34) L32.

Thanks.

P.P. I know it seems kind of annoying that a question is my first post but I'll be taking pictures once I get a better clothing selection. And participating more. I like how this forum tries to stick with stuff that works rather than weird fashion trends.
post #3755 of 21424
Thread Starter 
^^^ You might have a rough time getting an answer to that question as I would assume no one on here wears Tommy Hilfiger or is familiar with the brand enough to know what kind of model you're looking for. If you're looking for a slim straight, look up the Levi's 514 thread.
post #3756 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post
^^^

You might have a rough time getting an answer to that question as I would assume no one on here wears Tommy Hilfiger or is familiar with the brand enough to know what kind of model you're looking for.

If you're looking for a slim straight, look up the Levi's 514 thread.
Thanks for the answer. I was aware how TH is not looked upon that greatly here but I had a friend who worked there and I could get half off anything there. I'll just have to try the different kinds myself like a normal person would! Thanks again!
post #3757 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbaland View Post
I didn't know APCs faded that nicely. The original color looked almost black with visible white threads from the warp or weft. I never thought the color would fade to blue. Thanks for sharing.

me too man, me too. thats pretty much an APC grail pic for me.

the guy says he wore them hard for 4 months straight, washing once each month with a plastic brush, detergent in the washing machine and then tumble dry.

idk about all that but i washed mine on cold with a little detergent the other night and hung them to dry and now they're actually blue jeans lol
post #3758 of 21424
All,

I recently had a paif of my jeans taken up. I'm based in Korea and the usual method that alteration shops follow is to cut the original hem line off and then take off the required amount and restitch it back to give the jeans. This keeps the look and feel of the jeans true to the original. I dropped of an older pair of jeans to the local cleaners, and they, to my shock and horror, simply cut off the length and then stitched the hemline. I am now left with a pair of expensive jeans that resemble a pair of pants in the way they wear. I am missing the weight and stiffness that a solid hem line gives to jeans.

My fellow SF'ers, is there anything I can do to restore the original feel and look? Is it a double fold hem line with some sand papering? Inputs please.

AL
post #3759 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post
A good majority of designer jeans are sanforized since the general public is relatively clueless about STF; so yes, rb is sanforized.

I haven't found rb to stretch that much, maybe an inch or so?

thanks. I was in the barneys outlet at woodbury commons yesterday and was about to pull the trigger on the only black pair(not sure what model it was... was a slim-straight fit), that was my true size for $120....but i didn't cuz i thought there would be stretching. oh well.
post #3760 of 21424
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFusilliJerry View Post
thanks. I was in the barneys outlet at woodbury commons yesterday and was about to pull the trigger on the only black pair(not sure what model it was... was a slim-straight fit), that was my true size for $120....but i didn't cuz i thought there would be stretching. oh well.
For future reference, people don't need to be so concerned about taking a pair of jeans that fits well from the get-go as a bad sign. If it fits fine, accept that it will stretch an inch or so and know that you can always wear a belt to limit it. It also helps to remember that APCs are really more of the notorious brands with regards to super-stretching denim. Everyone else seems pretty par for the course.
post #3761 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleeboy View Post
All,

I recently had a paif of my jeans taken up. I'm based in Korea and the usual method that alteration shops follow is to cut the original hem line off and then take off the required amount and restitch it back to give the jeans. This keeps the look and feel of the jeans true to the original. I dropped of an older pair of jeans to the local cleaners, and they, to my shock and horror, simply cut off the length and then stitched the hemline. I am now left with a pair of expensive jeans that resemble a pair of pants in the way they wear. I am missing the weight and stiffness that a solid hem line gives to jeans.

My fellow SF'ers, is there anything I can do to restore the original feel and look? Is it a double fold hem line with some sand papering? Inputs please.

AL

I think you have the right idea. Use some sandpaper on them.
post #3762 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian SD View Post
I think you have the right idea. Use some sandpaper on them.

Do you know what they do to the hem to give it so much weight? Is it double fold and stitch? My jeans are like a pair of wool trousers flapping around in the wind. Not good!
post #3763 of 21424
Yes that is how they do it double fold and stitch make sure they use the chainstitch
post #3764 of 21424
36/34, muscular build

No nothing about denim other than GAP, Levis, etc.

Suggestions? Cheers. I'm old
post #3765 of 21424
Thread at the top of the page is there for this reason.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.