or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 205

post #3061 of 21424
Okay, so after a lot of thought, I'm either gonna get the Imperial Dukes or the Ande Whall Cougars. I'm looking for something that will fade well, fits somewhat similarly to my NSs (perhaps a bit fuller cut) and isn't too expensive, and both of these jeans seem to fit the bill. Is there any reason to spend more money to get the Dukes? So, if anyone could give me some guidance and help me choose between the two I'd really appreciate it.
post #3062 of 21424
I recently bought a pair of the RL raw denim (not RRL), and found that they had stained a white shirt I was wearing during the day. I've searched through the site, but the answers are not definitive; if I wash the jeans, will they lose the dark color? Is there any other way to prevent the staining from occurring?
post #3063 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedamnscott View Post
Okay, so after a lot of thought, I'm either gonna get the Imperial Dukes or the Ande Whall Cougars. I'm looking for something that will fade well, fits somewhat similarly to my NSs (perhaps a bit fuller cut) and isn't too expensive, and both of these jeans seem to fit the bill. Is there any reason to spend more money to get the Dukes?

So, if anyone could give me some guidance and help me choose between the two I'd really appreciate it.

I would take the Cougars. I don't really like the way Imperial denim fades nor do I like their backpocket stitching. Ande is doing a great job and is a cool guy.
post #3064 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by octopandda View Post
I would take the Cougars. I don't really like the way Imperial denim fades nor do I like their backpocket stitching. Ande is doing a great job and is a cool guy.

Funny you should say it. I think that the backpocket stitching on imperials and andes are pretty much the same in theme.
Still go for the andes though.
Imperials are boring.
post #3065 of 21424
I thought it was possible to buy the Andes with blank pockets, but I haven't checked his site in a while, I might be wrong.
post #3066 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by octopandda View Post
I thought it was possible to buy the Andes with blank pockets, but I haven't checked his site in a while, I might be wrong.

Not possible anymore. Ande's and Imperial's arcuates are indeed very similar.



Also, the Cougars have more of a taper from knee down. Look into that, as I don't think they fit exactly the same way as Dukes do.
post #3067 of 21424
I was looking on Macy's website, and they have levi 505 in "Rigid"

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/produc...tegoryID=16513

The closest thing on Levi's website is their premier finish 505 (different from regular 505) in "tumbled rigid"

http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp...146854.3146921



Are the Macy's ones actually dry, or are they a one wash type of thing?
post #3068 of 21424
I'm looking into acquiring another pair of denim. So far, I've had a pair of 31 Average Joes in Dry Heavy and 30 APC NS. The Average Joes are going to be retired after a mere 4 months wear as they're now too big for me and I hate the size of the back pockets/gaudy stitching. They've got an awesome color though. I love my NS's. They would ideally have a slimmer knee but, otherwise, fit really well. I've been looking at a pair of 32 Ande Whall Slackers in the FS area. Alternatively, I've been really digging the Americana look and have been thinking about picking up these. I would like to ideally stay under $200 in terms of price but could be persuaded to go higher if there's some jeans that would blow my mind for higher. Any suggestions on what I've posted or other jeans that are awesome would be much appreciated.
post #3069 of 21424
Three questions I have a pair of jeans that I want to get tapered. They fit great in the waist, upper thigh, but then are a little roomy from about the knee area down. I measure the thigh at 12.75, knee at 9.25 and hem at 8.75. Would it be possible to leave the thigh the same and take them in at the knee to about 9 then taper to 8.5 at the leg opening or do you need to take the entire leg in to taper? what is the best way to let your jeans air dry after the first hot soak? I hung my first pair over the shower rod and it gave them a funky shape. What do you do with your raw denim if you're not going to wear them for a little while? I have three pairs I'm breaking in right now and usually wear one for a week straight. Is it cool just to throw the others on a hanger for a week or two or will that give any permanent creases?
post #3070 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby11303 View Post
Three questions

I have a pair of jeans that I want to get tapered. They fit great in the waist, upper thigh, but then are a little roomy from about the knee area down. I measure the thigh at 12.75, knee at 9.25 and hem at 8.75. Would it be possible to leave the thigh the same and take them in at the knee to about 9 then taper to 8.5 at the leg opening or do you need to take the entire leg in to taper

You should be fine.
post #3071 of 21424
Hmm, so post Christmas sales coughed up a pair of Nudie Straight Sven Dry Selvage at a very low price... Question is, do the SSDS have better quality denim than a pair of NS? I'm tossing up between the two (SSDS are about $60AUD cheaper...).
post #3072 of 21424
i would go for the NS because i'm really against nudie back pockets and general styling at the moment
post #3073 of 21424
Q:

My style is usually a nice sweater with jeans and slim dress boots that i wear comfortably with slim fitting apc ns. i mistakenly bought some samurai 0500xx that don't fit with what i wear so now i'm looking to replace them. i think it's the high-rise of the samurai that don't work .

Anyways, skull 50-10xx will be tapered and have a low-rise, so will they suit my style like apc ns do? Or does the look of the denim and overall cut matter too? Are skull's considered 'repro'? I'm just kind of against hypebeast style right now (i'm sure most of you are)..
Thanks
post #3074 of 21424
Can anyone show me how fades on a black RB11 will look? I searched but all I got were indigo fade results.
post #3075 of 21424
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenN View Post
Can anyone show me how fades on a black RB11 will look? I searched but all I got were indigo fade results.
They slowly turn light-blue/white around the edges. Nothing too extreme.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.