or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 20

post #286 of 21424
I'm a measured size 32. wear 29 NS and wear a the 310's in 31 but they are perfectly fitted at that size and if your any/somewhat on the biggest side go for a 32. Tights are also pretty darn small but the seat is fairly roomy.
post #287 of 21424
Hi, I am normally a 30. I tried on the 29 RRDS's and they were too small. what should I get in FH's? size down at all?
post #288 of 21424
Ah stated up there unless you have really slim tights go for your measured waist size. F310's run slim in the tight. If you have bigger tights go for the F380.
post #289 of 21424
Having trouble deciding between the Kicking Mule Workshop 1950's and 1980's.

So if I understand this correctly the 1950's will be somewhat loose? Would the thigh be considered similar to the APC rescues (Obviously not below the knee)? And the 1980's will be similar in the leg to the APC NS?

From the models I like the 1950's more, but from the description and measurements I like the 1980's.

It looks like by the measurements the biggest difference is in the knee. Will the 1980's with the 1" smaller knee have less of the bulging at the knee? Does KMW even have this problem at all?
post #290 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by onion View Post
Having trouble deciding between the Kicking Mule Workshop 1950's and 1980's. So if I understand this correctly the 1950's will be somewhat loose? Would the thigh be considered similar to the APC rescues (Obviously not below the knee)? And the 1980's will be similar in the leg to the APC NS? From the models I like the 1950's more, but from the description and measurements I like the 1980's. It looks like by the measurements the biggest difference is in the knee. Will the 1980's with the 1" smaller knee have less of the bulging at the knee? Does KMW even have this problem at all?
Sort of, I'm not sure those are very good comparisons, although they tend to be the ones people on here use the most. The 1950s are definitely looser than the 1980s though. The 1980s aren't tapered like the NS, I would say a better comparison would be a slimmer ES Fulton. The 1950s are tapered below the leg but looser in the top block and the tapering is pretty slight in any case. I think the Rocker is more like the NS, but maybe a little slimmer. It's probably in between the NS and NC but with lower rise than either.
post #291 of 21424
So I got my first pair of APC's (sized down 3) a week ago today and have been wearing them since. At first they might as well have been painted on my thighs, but now I can pinch about a half inch of material away from the side of my leg. They fit decent now, but maybe a touch slimmer than I had wanted. With only a week under my belt, can I expect much more "legroom"?
post #292 of 21424
Sauwan - I'd expect them to stretch a bit more. Sized down two, within a week mine stretched to a size where I didn't feel uncomfortable wearing them. After a couple weeks, they stretched a bit more.
post #293 of 21424
i know evisu's not really popular on here but

does anyone have any experience with evisu's heritage line? saw a pair that's 115 (pretty cheap comparing how much they jack up their prices) and has zero branding whatsoever. dark, raw, seems pretty appealing to me. only thing stopping me is the fit. have no idea how they fit
post #294 of 21424
I just purchased the KMW 1980s from Denim Bar. They're almost perfect: The denim is beautiful and the fit is flattering (OK, maybe they'll be flattering in a few weeks). I was turned off for a long time (I had never seen them in person before today) by the selvage coin pocket, but it's actually pretty subtle and I kinda dig it.
My one concern is that they're slightly shorter than I was hoping (they're 34x34). They're not too short; I think I'll be OK with them as they are. But I'm wondering if once they start to break in and they stretch a bit in the thighs that they'll start to hit lower. Any thoughts?
post #295 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialComma View Post
I just purchased the KMW 1980s from Denim Bar. They're almost perfect: The denim is beautiful and the fit is flattering (OK, maybe they'll be flattering in a few weeks). I was turned off for a long time (I had never seen them in person before today) by the selvage coin pocket, but it's actually pretty subtle and I kinda dig it.
My one concern is that they're slightly shorter than I was hoping (they're 34x34). They're not too short; I think I'll be OK with them as they are. But I'm wondering if once they start to break in and they stretch a bit in the thighs that they'll start to hit lower. Any thoughts?

Yes the inseam will appear longer once the jeans sag further down on your hips a bit, but KMW don't stretch a lot.
post #296 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzt3117 View Post
Sort of, I'm not sure those are very good comparisons, although they tend to be the ones people on here use the most. The 1950s are definitely looser than the 1980s though. The 1980s aren't tapered like the NS, I would say a better comparison would be a slimmer ES Fulton. The 1950s are tapered below the leg but looser in the top block and the tapering is pretty slight in any case. I think the Rocker is more like the NS, but maybe a little slimmer. It's probably in between the NS and NC but with lower rise than either.

Thanks, that description helps a lot.

Also it appears on the new models of KMW 1950s and 1980s the pockets are pretty large and sit lower than most standard jeans. Where will your wallet lay when sitting down? It looks like it will be between your thigh and butt, which seems uncomfortable.
post #297 of 21424
Can anyone give me some details about Nom de Guerre denim? Specifically I am thinking about getting either the classic fit or narrow fit grey denim jeans that are up on Peasant. Was mostly wondering about fit on both styles, or if theres a general consensus on sizing (i.e. true to size, size up, etc.) Any advice/information is much appreciated.
post #298 of 21424
i have a quick terminology question. sometimes in the buying/selling forum sellers will say that their jeans have the "original arcs and tabs" or "original arcs and tabs still intact" or some variation on that.
so, what are arcs and tabs??
post #299 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxnard View Post
Can anyone give me some details about Nom de Guerre denim? Specifically I am thinking about getting either the classic fit or narrow fit grey denim jeans that are up on Peasant. Was mostly wondering about fit on both styles, or if theres a general consensus on sizing (i.e. true to size, size up, etc.) Any advice/information is much appreciated.

I have the indigo classic fits and I really like them. I would say that they're sized a bit small but they will stretch out, so buy your size. They only come in even sizes so if you're usually an odd size, I would recommend sizing up. Wash before wearing as they will shrink a bit.

As far as fit goes, the classics are pretty slim throughout, with a higher rise than most jeans that are popular around here (so about mid-rise). I like the higher rise and find it more comfortable. Slight taper in the leg. I would say that the cut through the leg similar to APC New Standards with a slightly wider hem. They fit slim in the top block.
post #300 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by onion View Post
Thanks, that description helps a lot.

Also it appears on the new models of KMW 1950s and 1980s the pockets are pretty large and sit lower than most standard jeans. Where will your wallet lay when sitting down? It looks like it will be between your thigh and butt, which seems uncomfortable.

I don't put stuff in my back pockets except for my knife but it's not uncomfortable for me, yes the pockets are large and dropped.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.