or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 187

post #2791 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post
Do you even bother searching this thread?

Yes because i will read over 150 pages full of posts.
post #2792 of 21424
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerFormula View Post
Yes because i will read over 150 pages full of posts.
Funny, I could swear this thread, and this entire forum as a matter of fact, has a search function.
post #2793 of 21424
I am looking to get Samurai S512XXBC .. I am a 31 in Studio D'Artisan D1002. Should I get a 31 or 32? I am told they run small.
post #2794 of 21424
These are 32s, I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to size down in these APCs, but I'm not sure if I should go for the 30s or 31s. Any thoughts?
LL
post #2795 of 21424
So I have a pair of Nudie Dry Blacks. After about 8 months of wear I washed them and they have gotten a bit lighter. In the honey combs area the black has been taken out and now there is a very dark blue. No real contrast but they are getting broken in. I am wondering how much more should I wear them before I break them in? One of the best pairs of Dry Blacks I have seen was washed 3 times in a year, so should I follow suit?
post #2796 of 21424
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkr0 View Post
These are 32s, I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to size down in these APCs, but I'm not sure if I should go for the 30s or 31s. Any thoughts?
It'd help to know what waist size you usually get and also if those are NS or Rescues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma89 View Post
So I have a pair of Nudie Dry Blacks. After about 8 months of wear I washed them and they have gotten a bit lighter. In the honey combs area the black has been taken out and now there is a very dark blue. No real contrast but they are getting broken in. I am wondering how much more should I wear them before I break them in? One of the best pairs of Dry Blacks I have seen was washed 3 times in a year, so should I follow suit?
You just gotta keep wearing them in and a four more months wouldn't hurt.

The problem is that sometimes people expect to have these incredibly faded jeans the day they hit six months and it just don't work that way. On a few pairs of mine after the six-month soak it seemed like it took a few more months before they REALLY started to fade.
post #2797 of 21424
i just got these routes in size 30 (true to size) what do you guys think of the fit? i still have to get them hemmed.




post #2798 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post
It'd help to know what waist size you usually get and also if those are NS or Rescues.

I usually wear 33s in Levi's. Those are New Standards. Besides having about an inch of room in the waist, they felt very baggy in the legs. Will that be fixed if I size properly, or should I try the New Cures? For comparison, 514s in 33s feel pretty baggy as well. I probably should've asked these questions before ordering, but oh well. Thanks for responding.
post #2799 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by acw816 View Post
i just got these routes in size 30 (true to size) what do you guys think of the fit? i still have to get them hemmed.

tbh, I think they look a bit big on you. does the waist fit fine? the rest of it looks loose, which is ok if you want it like that, but ideally you could go down a size
post #2800 of 21424
Thread Starter 
Well, you should have sized down two on the APC NS. That's the golden rule. If they still feel baggy in the legs then yeah, NC is your next option if you're sticking with APC. If 514s feel baggy to you then you should probably go straight to NC sized down one two depending on how tight you want them to be in the waist/want them to stretch. Go to http://contextclothing.com/ and check out the measurements so you can compare them to your NS.
post #2801 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post
Well, you should have sized down two on the APC NS. That's the golden rule.

If they still feel baggy in the legs then yeah, NC is your next option if you're sticking with APC. If 514s feel baggy to you then you should probably go straight to NC sized down one two depending on how tight you want them to be in the waist/want them to stretch.

Go to http://contextclothing.com/ and check out the measurements so you can compare them to your NS.

If I can get something in a similar price range, I'm not too concerned about sticking with APC (though it seems like they're the best intro to raw denim). Do you know of any way to find the measurements for the NC 32s? I'd like the waist and thighs to be a little loose, but tighter from the knee down.
post #2802 of 21424
Thread Starter 
I gave you the link...
post #2803 of 21424
I can't tell, I got a size 32 Nudie SJ and I can button and zip everything perfectly but do feel a little tightness. Should I have gotten a 31 or is the 32 good enough?
post #2804 of 21424
Thread Starter 
What's your usual size?
post #2805 of 21424
typically 33, occasionally 34.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.