or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 185

post #2761 of 21424
^ No. Size up 1 in the waist and 2 in the inseam actually. They start out as sized, and are not sanforized; will shrink after an intial wash/soak (a must for this type of denim). The manufacturer's sizing rule is actually up 2 in waist and 3 in inseam, but then the jeans might get too anti-fit for your taste.

Of course, if you don't want to have children, throw all this out of the window and size down as much as you wish.
post #2762 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by warlok1965 View Post
Whoa whoa whoa heyheyhey you drunken Scot! I take it easy on you in WAYWT and this is how you repay me?

Don't get me wrong, who's a fabulous guy and all, but by the time he has four kids he'll probably be wearing Dockers and "comfortable" shoes with lots of arch support like all the other docs I know.



I don't know how I managed it, your names aren't that similar!
post #2763 of 21424
Long thread, but question seems to have been lost in the shuffle.

What are good raw jeans that are relaxed in the seat/thigh, with little to no taper?
post #2764 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArliHawk` View Post
What are good raw jeans that are relaxed in the seat/thigh, with little to no taper?

APC Rescue, sized down 2 should be a good (and relatively affordable) option.
post #2765 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArliHawk` View Post
Long thread, but question seems to have been lost in the shuffle. What are good raw jeans that are relaxed in the seat/thigh, with little to no taper?
Nudie Straight Sven? Rag&Bone RB11?
post #2766 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by djs488 View Post
Nudie Straight Sven?
Rag&Bone RB11?

Neither of those have relaxed thighs, unless you're built like Kodiak.


Some other suggestions:
Ironheart 634
Kicking Mule Workshop 2010
Atelier La Durance Prescott
Rag & Bone RB6 (discontinued though, I think)
some PRPS
repro models (LVC 1955, most Sugar Canes etc.)
post #2767 of 21424
Thanks for the suggestions.
post #2768 of 21424
im looking into some Samurai. recently after reading about all the fuss on sugarcane, i picked up a pair and saw what everyone was talking about in the decadence and uniqueness of the denim.

how is the Samurai denim? especially the texas cotton ones.

how would you compare it to say the slubbiness of the sc or eternals?
post #2769 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by sho'nuff View Post
im looking into some Samurai. recently after reading about all the fuss on sugarcane, i picked up a pair and saw what everyone was talking about in the decadence and uniqueness of the denim.

how is the Samurai denim? especially the texas cotton ones.

how would you compare it to say the slubbiness of the sc or eternals?

Samurai denim fades much faster than Sugar Cane's. The texas cotton is also much more slubby and irregular than the regular Sugar Cane denims (not talking about the 50/50 blends), too much for me actually, which is why I rarely wear my pair of 500XX. It fades to a nice color and is rewarding very quickly but I now tend to appreciate more stubborn indigo.
post #2770 of 21424
I have a question. I have some new FH 1001 And i wanna stack them but my stacks just look all crazy and not very symmetrical. Is there a trick on how to get a proper stack?
post #2771 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by themidship22 View Post
I have a question. I have some new FH 1001 And i wanna stack them but my stacks just look all crazy and not very symmetrical. Is there a trick on how to get a proper stack?
I'm assuming they haven't been soaked/washed/broken in yet. Once the denim loosens up a bit, they'll start to fall more naturally... And I know I've asked this once already, but I haven't gotten any responses yet. Is there anything I can do to prevent hip flare on jeans? I'm wearing New Cures and the flare isn't terrible, but it'd like to minimize it if possible. Should I just go to the gym and do some squats, or is there something I can actually to with the jeans/belt to fix it.
post #2772 of 21424
Re: washing coated denim (ie nudie dry black coated), it has been remarked that the coating comes off rather easily. Is there any way to prevent this besides just not washing them?
post #2773 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanallen View Post
I was looking at the Raw Denim on a budget thread and figured I might pick up a pair of 501's STF to have around seeing as Im really low on cash and I need a pair, anyways.
Do I have to size down?

I'm a 31/32 in preshrunk and the 32/34 STF were perfect.
post #2774 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmmk View Post
I'm assuming they haven't been soaked/washed/broken in yet. Once the denim loosens up a bit, they'll start to fall more naturally...

And I know I've asked this once already, but I haven't gotten any responses yet. Is there anything I can do to prevent hip flare on jeans? I'm wearing New Cures and the flare isn't terrible, but it'd like to minimize it if possible. Should I just go to the gym and do some squats, or is there something I can actually to with the jeans/belt to fix it.

ahh thanks ! they are super stiff so they look like i have spikes sticking out from my ankles or something.
post #2775 of 21424
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by themidship22 View Post
I have a question. I have some new FH 1001 And i wanna stack them but my stacks just look all crazy and not very symmetrical. Is there a trick on how to get a proper stack?
Yes, you can spray water on the legs so that they become more pliable and easier to stack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmmk View Post
And I know I've asked this once already, but I haven't gotten any responses yet. Is there anything I can do to prevent hip flare on jeans? I'm wearing New Cures and the flare isn't terrible, but it'd like to minimize it if possible. Should I just go to the gym and do some squats, or is there something I can actually to with the jeans/belt to fix it.
Hip flare is a sign of any combination of a few things:
1) The jeans simply do not fit you properly.
2) The jeans are still very new and stiff and therefore do not drape the way the will after a few months of wear.

You can play around with how you wear them (either lower or higher on your waist) and go with what works or wear them out until the denim becomes soft enough to reduce noticeable flair. Or... admit they simply will not fit you the way you had in mind and return them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD_May View Post
Re: washing coated denim (ie nudie dry black coated), it has been remarked that the coating comes off rather easily. Is there any way to prevent this besides just not washing them?
Not really. It's like asking if there's anyway to prevent indigo from coming off jeans. The answer is very simple but very unfortunate: don't wear them.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.