or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1398

post #20956 of 21424
Hi guys i recently bought a pair of nudie grim tims. i'm loving the fit so far. But the calf area is just abit tight. Skin tight.

Is it supposed to feel this way? or will it stretch out.

I'm abit worried that i might get a split/rip on the out seam if i wear it too much. Just wanted to know if this is normal.
post #20957 of 21424
false
post #20958 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by notwithit View Post

Ok, I'm trying to help my brother find some decent denim with a wider leg opening, and I'm specifically trying to steer him away from some of the recent also-rans that are cropping up (he was looking at these http://www.cultofindividuality.com/hagen-relaxed-in-dry/#.VNODG2h4otw for example).

Thus far, I've made the following recommendations:

- LVC 1947s
- Rogue Territory Stantons
- Left Field Greasers
- Tellason Ankaras
- 3Sixteen SLs

Any other suggestions, ideally < $200 (I don't think he's gonna shell out for Samurai 510s or Iron Heart 634s)? N&F straight guys seem like an obvious choice, but I feel like the options above are all a little nicer. United Stock Dry Goods doesn't make anything with a wider leg opening, right?

I would go with the stantons or 3sixteens. Blue Owls site has the cuff measurements listed at 8.25" for both for a 34 waist. 9" is bordering on bell bottoms IMO. If he's dead set on such a wide cuff you may be wasting your time


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #20959 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1985 View Post
 

 

I'm interested in this question also. I'm heading over in April. As for brands to look out for i'd suggest Momotaro, Samurai, Sugar cane, Skull Jeans, Studio D'Artisan. I'm only familiar with Samurai and Momotaro, I haven't had a chance to try the other brands, but have seen them in person and they look quality.

 

I own 2 pair of Samurai, 710x and s003jp. the s003jp is the slimmest fit samurai offers, and I personally prefer these. I'm selling my 710's as I prefer the more slim fit of the s003jp. I know your budget is 250 USD but try get up to the 300 - 350 mark. The quality of Samurai and Momotaro are totally worth it.

 

As for your build I'd try the 710x they are a slim jean without going too slim. Should have plenty of room in the thigh. I sized true to size, could probably have gone down one for a more slim fit. For the Momotaro's probably try the 0705SP they are also a slimmer fit, but if you go true to size shouldn't be overly slim.

 

Just walk around and try on as many pairs as you can find, this is what i'm intending to do. There are so many great brands out there, and many more i've never heard of. So try many, and buy what you think fits you the best. I personally am going to be getting some Momotaro's when I head over, their denim is amazing! Have fun!  

 

Thanks for the reply!

 

Are you prices you quoted the retail prices in Japan?

 

Also, i sent you a PM.

post #20960 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrizztD View Post
 

 

Thanks for the reply!

 

Are you prices you quoted the retail prices in Japan?

 

Also, i sent you a PM.

 

Hey, all good! Hopefully I was able to help. I'm not sure on the retail prices in Japan sorry! I will have to discover those when i'm over there. But i'd be expecting them to be in mid $300 mark still. Retail prices here in Australia for Japanese denim is pretty crazy, looking at about $400 for a pair of Samurai's down here. 

post #20961 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaseousclay View Post

I would go with the stantons or 3sixteens. Blue Owls site has the cuff measurements listed at 8.25" for both for a 34 waist. 9" is bordering on bell bottoms IMO. If he's dead set on such a wide cuff you may be wasting your time


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I may have successfully convinced him to go with Iron Hearts in the 634 cut, since those aren't all that expensive if you buy direct from Japan on Rakuten.
post #20962 of 21424
hello guys, getting frustrated with APC - difficult to get sizing right, so wondering if any of you can recommend a jean that's decent quality (I'm most concerned about fit). I live in London, so if its a brand that has stocklist here it helps.

as far as jeans I like - I used to wear dior 19s a lot - still have some paris I wear. I wear the APC petit new standard as well..
any fits similar to this would be good. i like jeans that aren't too low rise - more of a medium rise, and i like jeans that are slim aginst the leg all the way down - maybe straight or slightly tapered. i prefer the slim look to "skinny" jeans. have tried japenese brands as well when i was going for the more heritage/looser fit, but I'm now seeking out slimmer fits that i feel suit my frame better. I'm 5'7 and 145-150 pounds, in decent shape but not super ripped or anything

a few pictures below of past fits..

APC new standard size 30 (measure out to 15.5 flat - have not worn in yet)


Dior 19inch 30 waist (now measure to 16.5 flat after use)


Dior 19inch 31 waist (now measure to 16.5 flat after use)


any input most helpful in regads to brands/models of jeans to try! thank you
post #20963 of 21424
I'd try uniqlo or unbranded if you're in the UK.
post #20964 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelux2010 View Post

hello guys, getting frustrated with APC - difficult to get sizing right, so wondering if any of you can recommend a jean that's decent quality (I'm most concerned about fit). I live in London, so if its a brand that has stocklist here it helps...

I just bought a pair of Japan Blue slim tapered to replace my APC NS. Similar fit, better quality. If you are in London, you could have a look at Albam jeans; they are a good alternative to APC. Look for the Regular Leg fit.
post #20965 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post

I just bought a pair of Japan Blue slim tapered to replace my APC NS. Similar fit, better quality. If you are in London, you could have a look at Albam jeans; they are a good alternative to APC. Look for the Regular Leg fit.

ok..thanks for the tips smile.gif. ended up getting apc petit new standards in 29..will work on these for now, but will have to try albam down the line too
post #20966 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post

I just bought a pair of Japan Blue slim tapered to replace my APC NS. Similar fit, better quality. If you are in London, you could have a look at Albam jeans; they are a good alternative to APC. Look for the Regular Leg fit.

What size are you in NS, and how did you size in Japan Blue? I assume JB is not gonna stretch as much as NS.
post #20967 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJL View Post

What size are you in NS, and how did you size in Japan Blue? I assume JB is not gonna stretch as much as NS.

I am the same size in APC NS and Japan Blue slim tapered. After one month, the JB seem to be slimmer and have only stretched a bit, while the NS are painful during the first week and then become very comfortable. SD1 in both. The denim quality and construction of the JB is much better of course and they are heavier. The APC are a bit better in the details (belt loops, pocket sizing).
post #20968 of 21424

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to the whole "fashion" and "style" scene, but I've been wanting to dress nicer and thought this would be a good place for some information.

 

I have a question about jeans; basically all my life I have just been buying the "straight leg" cut jeans; which style of jeans do you guys prefer? Been reading a lot of fashion articles and looks like "skinny" and "slim" cuts are the most fashionable, is that what y'all recommend?

 

I always wore straight because they felt comfortable, but I am due for some new jeans and want my next pair to be in the right direction. Slim and skinny looks like they would be really tight (especially around the crotch area)...between slim and skinny is either one more comfortable as far as giving you some wiggle room? Which one is less tight?

 

I'm excited to get a pair of jeans with a different style because I notice with my straight leg jeans, I always had to get a tailor to sew the bottoms because they would drag under my shoes...Also hoping with slim/skinny jeans they will sit right on top of my shoes so I can show of my shoes as well.

 

So which cut do you guys recommend? Slim, skinny, or what? Another reason I have been getting straight is because I'm pretty short and feel like skinny jeans would look off on me, and always figured that dark wash straight jeans were "classic".

 

I gotta say though that my latest pair of dark wash straight jeans, hemmed at the bottom by a tailor have been pretty great. they have a nice shape and fit to them, and when I put on my shoes I pull the tongue up over the bottom of the jean and it seems to fall nicely and have a good fit. Is that good or a tacky thing to do?

 

I would also like to know because when you google "skinny jeans men" you get a bunch of memes and pics making fun of guys in skinny jeans and calling it gay :S


 I also feel like they give a cleaner look especially if you want to show off your shoes, so would slim be a good middle ground? The more I look at my straight leg jeans now the more I feel like they look messy :(

post #20969 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysek View Post

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to the whole "fashion" and "style" scene, but I've been wanting to dress nicer and thought this would be a good place for some information.

I have a question about jeans; basically all my life I have just been buying the "straight leg" cut jeans; which style of jeans do you guys prefer? Been reading a lot of fashion articles and looks like "skinny" and "slim" cuts are the most fashionable, is that what y'all recommend?

I always wore straight because they felt comfortable, but I am due for some new jeans and want my next pair to be in the right direction. Slim and skinny looks like they would be really tight (especially around the crotch area)...between slim and skinny is either one more comfortable as far as giving you some wiggle room? Which one is less tight?

I'm excited to get a pair of jeans with a different style because I notice with my straight leg jeans, I always had to get a tailor to sew the bottoms because they would drag under my shoes...Also hoping with slim/skinny jeans they will sit right on top of my shoes so I can show of my shoes as well.

So which cut do you guys recommend? Slim, skinny, or what? Another reason I have been getting straight is because I'm pretty short and feel like skinny jeans would look off on me, and always figured that dark wash straight jeans were "classic".

I gotta say though that my latest pair of dark wash straight jeans, hemmed at the bottom by a tailor have been pretty great. they have a nice shape and fit to them, and when I put on my shoes I pull the tongue up over the bottom of the jean and it seems to fall nicely and have a good fit. Is that good or a tacky thing to do?

I would also like to know because when you google "skinny jeans men" you get a bunch of memes and pics making fun of guys in skinny jeans and calling it gay :S


 I also feel like they give a cleaner look especially if you want to show off your shoes, so would slim be a good middle ground? The more I look at my straight leg jeans now the more I feel like they look messy frown.gif

go with what you feel comfortable in. I wear both regular fit and slim straights for my jeans. I like them to be not too baggy and not too tight. I think skinny jeans look ridiculous, but that's just me.
post #20970 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaseousclay View Post


go with what you feel comfortable in. I wear both regular fit and slim straights for my jeans. I like them to be not too baggy and not too tight. I think skinny jeans look ridiculous, but that's just me.

Agreed. 

 

IMO Slight Striaght is the best cut becuase it gives the perfect balance between fashion and comfort. And its the best looking overall imo, I like how its comfortable through the thigh but then gets narrow towards the feet so your sneakers don't get hidden. The top  half of the jeans are pretty miuch like regular straight jeans, so your crotch and etc won't feel tight, they are just as comfortable as regular jeans, and you get the nice aesthetics below the knees of a slim jean.

 

Jeans and sneakers are both important and if you get them right you will be looking amazing.


Edited by Zentg - 3/18/15 at 3:03pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.