or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1392

post #20866 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isolation View Post
 

Thank you very much.

 

If I give my jeans semi regular soaks/hand washing so the grime couldn't really build up could I get away with not really washing them (unless it smells obv, so I'm asking could I keep it from smelling). I manage all my other clothes by hand washing them a lot and they don't smell (just use hotter water or some manual agitation if necessary). I am really not a fan of the washing machine I guess. I imagine it should be fine just denim is a denser fabric so it's harder to get at dirt that's really penetrated the fabric.

 

I have a bottle of febreze in the cupboard, if i notice my jeans smelling a little I turn them inside out and give them a good spray and leave them to dry. 

 

I have found that just soaking my jeans every 6-7 months is more then enough, although the colour of the water after a good hour soak is horrid. So washing more regular probably wouldn't hurt. I think it's a personal call, I've seen some fades on jeans that have turned out awesome and they have had quite a few washes.

 

If the jeans get messed up after a big night on the town or whatever just wash em. A soak for an hour won't hurt them, or just get a couple of pairs and rotate through them to prolong them.

post #20867 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1985 View Post

I have a bottle of febreze in the cupboard, if i notice my jeans smelling a little I turn them inside out and give them a good spray and leave them to dry. 

I have found that just soaking my jeans every 6-7 months is more then enough, although the colour of the water after a good hour soak is horrid. So washing more regular probably wouldn't hurt. I think it's a personal call, I've seen some fades on jeans that have turned out awesome and they have had quite a few washes.

If the jeans get messed up after a big night on the town or whatever just wash em. A soak for an hour won't hurt them, or just get a couple of pairs and rotate through them to prolong them.

Good advice💝

Unfortunately I can only wear my 8oz cotton/silk jeans ATM due to illness but generally I rotate a few pairs🐱
post #20868 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirsh View Post


Good advice💝

Unfortunately I can only wear my 8oz cotton/silk jeans ATM due to illness but generally I rotate a few pairs🐱

 

I found since rotating I could probably go a year without washing them, I have 4 pairs and just grab whatever I feel like wearing for that particular day. Giving the others time to air out, the down side is waiting forever to get some wear into them! But no need to rush them I guess.

post #20869 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1985 View Post

I found since rotating I could probably go a year without washing them, I have 4 pairs and just grab whatever I feel like wearing for that particular day. Giving the others time to air out, the down side is waiting forever to get some wear into them! But no need to rush them I guess.

None at all🐱
post #20870 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isolation View Post
 

Thank you very much.

 

If I give my jeans semi regular soaks/hand washing so the grime couldn't really build up could I get away with not really washing them (unless it smells obv, so I'm asking could I keep it from smelling). I manage all my other clothes by hand washing them a lot and they don't smell (just use hotter water or some manual agitation if necessary). I am really not a fan of the washing machine I guess. I imagine it should be fine just denim is a denser fabric so it's harder to get at dirt that's really penetrated the fabric.

I will tell you how you keep your jeans from smelling. It is quite easy and it actually benefits your jeans in more ways than one and no, it doesn't have anything to do with a plastic bag and a freezer, which I am fairly positive is complete bullshit, because freezing living organisms, which is what the bacteria that causes your pants to smell are, can preserve them...anyway... Get an S hook from bed bath and beyond or whatever (just search it and you'll know what I am talking about), put it over a door or something, and after every time you take your jeans off hang them by a belt loop on the S hook. This gives them at least all night to air out, allowing them to breathe and get rid of possible bacteria causing odor buildup by oxygenating the area, and it also keeps your stress marks, especially behind the knees, in place, making it much easier to obtain more prominent honeycombs. Do not, I repeat, do not just toss your raw denim on the floor when your done with them for the day. They need to air out and your working so hard on achieving fades, it's just lazy and counter beneficial jeopardize them picking up creases over night, laying in weird positions or being folded and flattened out, setting your work back and making it necessary to put more time in.

 

Edit: Extenuating circumstances, for instance, you shitting your pants, will justify a wash, but if your not spilling things on them or in them and there is a slight tinge of odor just from your body, just air those fuckers out, maybe hit em with a little shot of fabreeze. 

post #20871 of 21424
Well that's good to know… do not shit pants.. got it. nod[1].gif
post #20872 of 21424
  • Jompso - How long should the first soak be?
post #20873 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post

Well that's good to know… do not shit pants.. got it. nod[1].gif

easier said than done.

post #20874 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel_954 View Post
 
  • Jompso - How long should the first soak be?

For as long as the water stays hot... My water gets so hot that it's painful to keep my hand in it for more then a second or two so if your water gets that hot, 30-40 minutes should do the trick. Empty and repeat and I can pretty much guarantee all possible shrinkage will be eradicated. 

post #20875 of 21424

can some one recommend me some mens denim that's a bit trendy, perhaps in a darker wash (won't look like my normal pair of classic straight leg jeans, but don't look over the top either)

post #20876 of 21424

Dark Stanton by Rogue Territory.

post #20877 of 21424

I'm looking for a pair of jeans with:

 

29" waist

11" rise

6.5" leg opening

 

I'm 5'11, 150 with long torso and short legs and all low rise amplifies long torso/short legs and all of the mid-to-high rise jeans that I've found are too baggy for my frame.

post #20878 of 21424
Anyone have recommendations for a grey pair of tapered slim not skinny fit with a medium rise. Preferably raw and Japanese denim. The only thing I could find was left field but I'm not too familiar with their jeans.
post #20879 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxdok View Post

Anyone have recommendations for a grey pair of tapered slim not skinny fit with a medium rise. Preferably raw and Japanese denim. The only thing I could find was left field

but I'm not too familiar with their jeans.

You're not having my grey jeans!!Haha

I think Left Field are ok, not sure who else does grey at affordable price and Japanese - mine were bespoke and cost $1,900!
post #20880 of 21424
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityMap View Post
 

can some one recommend me some mens denim that's a bit trendy, perhaps in a darker wash (won't look like my normal pair of classic straight leg jeans, but don't look over the top either)

Dior Homme

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.