Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New gap denim Last post on 12/23/14 at 9:22pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1367post #20491 of 211076/19/14 at 11:24pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #20492 of 211076/20/14 at 3:46pmQuote:
Most people that are in the market for selvage denim want their denim raw so they can make their own fades and distress marks, these being denim purists. Thus, they are not in the market for predistressed jeans, because they want their own, personalized pair of denim, that is unlike anyone else's. It almost seconds as a hobby to a lot of people, to see what they can create with a "blank canvas."post #20493 of 211076/21/14 at 10:45pmpost #20494 of 211076/22/14 at 7:59pm
I soaked a pair of raw jeans and put them on when they were damp to make sure the waist didn't shrink too much. I made a big mistake by sitting most of the time and now I have very unsightly knee bags. Anyone have the misfortune of experiencing this before? I was thinking of maybe putting some hot water localized in the knee area, not sure if this is a good idea.post #20495 of 211076/23/14 at 5:00pmpost #20496 of 211076/23/14 at 5:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by Camilo
I soaked a pair of raw jeans and put them on when they were damp to make sure the waist didn't shrink too much. I made a big mistake by sitting most of the time and now I have very unsightly knee bags. Anyone have the misfortune of experiencing this before? I was thinking of maybe putting some hot water localized in the knee area, not sure if this is a good idea.
That's the problem with wearing your raws before they have dried, unless you spend the entire time laying down, movements you make can cause the damp fabric to stretch. I never recommend someone wear their raws damp. If they are unsanforized, they will conform to your body just fine without the need of wearing them while they are still drying. I would just resoak them in hot water for 45 minutes or so. It will shrink the knees back down. Don't agitate them or you may lose some indigo. And if your worried about the waist, see if you can find something that you can put inside the waist band, like a coat hanger or something, to make sure they don't shrink down too much. But also keep in mind that the waist will stretch a good inch with wear.post #20497 of 211076/23/14 at 6:38pmpost #20498 of 211076/23/14 at 7:57pmpost #20499 of 211076/24/14 at 9:20ampost #20500 of 211076/24/14 at 10:23ampost #20501 of 211076/24/14 at 2:02pmQuote:post #20502 of 211076/30/14 at 12:42amI just bought the Okayama Spirits and I think I screwed up the sizing. They're already well fitted that a soak will make them too tight. Is there any disadvantage of not soaking beside the fact that they'll shrink at first wash? Is there any alternative to washing with water? What do you think of dry cleaning? Thanks a lot!post #20503 of 211076/30/14 at 1:17amQuote:Originally Posted by dan138zig
I just bought the Okayama Spirits and I think I screwed up the sizing. They're already well fitted that a soak will make them too tight. Is there any disadvantage of not soaking beside the fact that they'll shrink at first wash? Is there any alternative to washing with water? What do you think of dry cleaning? Thanks a lot!
I might try to sell them here or Sufi.. Too tight jeans are no fun, esp if raw.
If they're wearable I don't really see a need to soak,but eventually you'll probably have to wash them..I've had good luck with inside out cold wash on the wool cycle, then hang dry. But I think you're going to see some shrinkage no matter what. Dry cleaning is certainly an option. I'm sure it won't hurt them.
Ime if they get really foul smelling a soak won't do it..post #20504 of 211076/30/14 at 1:56am
- I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › things that are making you happy 55 seconds ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 4 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 4 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Which one is higher end: Lacoste Polo or Ralph Lauren Polo? 4 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 5 minutes ago
- › Dehen 1920 for Best Made Co - Grey Shawl Neck Sweater Coat XL 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 7 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...