Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New gap denim Last post on 11/25/15 at 8:57pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Last edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1367post #20491 of 213156/19/14 at 11:24pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #20492 of 213156/20/14 at 3:46pmQuote:
Most people that are in the market for selvage denim want their denim raw so they can make their own fades and distress marks, these being denim purists. Thus, they are not in the market for predistressed jeans, because they want their own, personalized pair of denim, that is unlike anyone else's. It almost seconds as a hobby to a lot of people, to see what they can create with a "blank canvas."post #20493 of 213156/21/14 at 10:45pmpost #20494 of 213156/22/14 at 7:59pm
I soaked a pair of raw jeans and put them on when they were damp to make sure the waist didn't shrink too much. I made a big mistake by sitting most of the time and now I have very unsightly knee bags. Anyone have the misfortune of experiencing this before? I was thinking of maybe putting some hot water localized in the knee area, not sure if this is a good idea.post #20495 of 213156/23/14 at 5:00pmpost #20496 of 213156/23/14 at 5:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by Camilo
I soaked a pair of raw jeans and put them on when they were damp to make sure the waist didn't shrink too much. I made a big mistake by sitting most of the time and now I have very unsightly knee bags. Anyone have the misfortune of experiencing this before? I was thinking of maybe putting some hot water localized in the knee area, not sure if this is a good idea.
That's the problem with wearing your raws before they have dried, unless you spend the entire time laying down, movements you make can cause the damp fabric to stretch. I never recommend someone wear their raws damp. If they are unsanforized, they will conform to your body just fine without the need of wearing them while they are still drying. I would just resoak them in hot water for 45 minutes or so. It will shrink the knees back down. Don't agitate them or you may lose some indigo. And if your worried about the waist, see if you can find something that you can put inside the waist band, like a coat hanger or something, to make sure they don't shrink down too much. But also keep in mind that the waist will stretch a good inch with wear.post #20497 of 213156/23/14 at 6:38pmpost #20498 of 213156/23/14 at 7:57pmpost #20499 of 213156/24/14 at 9:20ampost #20500 of 213156/24/14 at 10:23ampost #20501 of 213156/24/14 at 2:02pmQuote:post #20502 of 213156/30/14 at 12:42amI just bought the Okayama Spirits and I think I screwed up the sizing. They're already well fitted that a soak will make them too tight. Is there any disadvantage of not soaking beside the fact that they'll shrink at first wash? Is there any alternative to washing with water? What do you think of dry cleaning? Thanks a lot!post #20503 of 213156/30/14 at 1:17amQuote:Originally Posted by dan138zig
I just bought the Okayama Spirits and I think I screwed up the sizing. They're already well fitted that a soak will make them too tight. Is there any disadvantage of not soaking beside the fact that they'll shrink at first wash? Is there any alternative to washing with water? What do you think of dry cleaning? Thanks a lot!
I might try to sell them here or Sufi.. Too tight jeans are no fun, esp if raw.
If they're wearable I don't really see a need to soak,but eventually you'll probably have to wash them..I've had good luck with inside out cold wash on the wool cycle, then hang dry. But I think you're going to see some shrinkage no matter what. Dry cleaning is certainly an option. I'm sure it won't hurt them.
Ime if they get really foul smelling a soak won't do it..post #20504 of 213156/30/14 at 1:56am
- I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...
- › Massdrop - Official Affiliate Thread 27 seconds ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 30 seconds ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Help with shoe fit: wide front, straight big toe 3 minutes ago
- › BALENCIAGA RUNNERS RACE SNEAKERS SIZE 42 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?