or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1349

post #20221 of 20234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirsh View Post


No, I wouldn't size down..

The stretch and distressed washes stretch like crazy, you're right, but the rigid denim won't!

If they're a bit tight now, they'll just mould to your own body shape..

Hope this helps:)

Yes, I am keeping them, Thanks a lot

post #20222 of 20234
Quote:
Originally Posted by datguy21 View Post

Tried the 501s again...not sold on them yet. Buying 4-5 pairs so gonna run a few more past you if that's Ok? 501 or 504? I'm leaning to the 504 as the 501 seem baggy :(see second pics

Here are the 504s:









501:



GSTAR Low Tapered: have these atm but need an inch off waist and would guess they're too tight. Thoughts?




Yes, you're right, G Stars are far too tight and don't flatter you!

504s look great!

Best so far!!

If you're buying 4-5 pairs, why not a mix of 504s and 501s in different colours -btw I think the lighter washes definitely suit you better!smile.gif
post #20223 of 20234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonney View Post

Yes, I am keeping them, Thanks a lot

You're very welcome!

Look forward to seeing pics over the next few months as to how they're doing..smile.gifsmile.gif
post #20224 of 20234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirsh View Post

Yes, you're right, G Stars are far too tight and don't flatter you!

504s look great!

Best so far!!

If you're buying 4-5 pairs, why not a mix of 504s and 501s in different colours -btw I think the lighter washes definitely suit you better!smile.gif

I'm probably going to get darker washes as want to pair then with shirts and shoes but I'll grab a few lighter if they're online!
Should I get a light taper in them or will that ruin the aesthetic and just make my rear end look bigger?

Thanks for all the advice! I'm happier with the 504s as less butt sag IMO and fit the legs etc!

Gonna try and kop a collection of them by end of week!
post #20225 of 20234
Quote:
Originally Posted by datguy21 View Post

I'm probably going to get darker washes as want to pair then with shirts and shoes but I'll grab a few lighter if they're online!biggrin.gif
Should I get a light taper in them or will that ruin the aesthetic and just make my rear end look bigger?

Thanks for all the advice! I'm happier with the 504s as less butt sag IMO and fit the legs etc!

Gonna try and kop a collection of them by end of week!

Great news that you're going to kop a collection of 504s by the end of the week, as they really suit you(!), and a mix of light and dark washes sis a good idea..

Don't taper them though, they look great exactly how they are!

Can't wait to hear what you've bought!smile.gifsmile.gif
post #20226 of 20234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirsh View Post

Great news that you're going to kop a collection of 504s by the end of the week, as they really suit you(!), and a mix of light and dark washes sis a good idea..

Don't taper them though, they look great exactly how they are!

Can't wait to hear what you've bought!smile.gifsmile.gif

I want to pair them with a navy blazer and brogue / derby shoes. Still no taper?

smile.gif
post #20227 of 20234
Quote:
Originally Posted by datguy21 View Post

I want to pair them with a navy blazer and brogue / derby shoes. Still no taper?

smile.gif

Still no taper!

504s look great on you just as they are - very flattering!

Now go and kop 4/5 pairs...

Looking forward to seeing what you've bought..smile.gif
post #20228 of 20234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirsh View Post


Still no taper!

504s look great on you just as they are - very flattering!

Now go and kop 4/5 pairs...

Looking forward to seeing what you've bought..smile.gif

Ordered them now waiting for them to arrive. Have gone with three dark blues, a black and a grey. Weren't any light washes really on the GB website that didn't have fades / streaks. I'll see how the 504s look with my shoes when they arrive (before shortening)!

Thanks again!

post #20229 of 20234
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenitwit View Post

Ordered them now waiting for them to arrive. Have gone with three dark blues, a black and a grey. Weren't any light washes really on the GB website that didn't have fades / streaks. I'll see how the 504s look with my shoes when they arrive (before shortening)!


Thanks again!

A complete pleasure!!!

Congratulations!!

Great choices, they'll go with everything!

Hope they arrive quickly!

Wash them once before shortening in case they shrink a little bit in the length...

Well done!smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif
post #20230 of 20234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirsh View Post


A complete pleasure!!!

Congratulations!!

Great choices, they'll go with everything!

Hope they arrive quickly!

Wash them once before shortening in case they shrink a little bit in the length...

Well done!smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Ordered, :). What was so wrong with the 511s? I think the 504 make my rear end look huge and the creases underneath my cheeks look like grandad jeans? Idk much about fit though but the 504s look baggy as hell and make me look like 5in wider and huge. Or am I just too used to skin tight looks? What am I missing here? What are the rules for fit in future in case I decide to buy some more? With the 504s I really want to taper them where they really are baggy on the lower lower part of my calf and then down but I'm not sure. I'm 5ft 7 and a size 7 shoe so straight fit usually drawf me something stupid :(

post #20231 of 20234
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenitwit View Post
 

Ordered, :). What was so wrong with the 511s? I think the 504 make my rear end look huge and the creases underneath my cheeks look like grandad jeans? Idk much about fit though but the 504s look baggy as hell and make me look like 5in wider and huge. Or am I just too used to skin tight looks? What am I missing here? What are the rules for fit in future in case I decide to buy some more? With the 504s I really want to taper them where they really are baggy on the lower lower part of my calf and then down but I'm not sure. I'm 5ft 7 and a size 7 shoe so straight fit usually drawf me something stupid :(

Should I try the 508s in a 34 again then maybe get some pairs of them also?? They were OK weren't they and had a taper? 

post #20232 of 20234
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenitwit View Post

Should I try the 508s in a 34 again then maybe get some pairs of them also?? They were OK weren't they and had a taper? 

Yes you could do?

Your rear end doesn't look big in the 504s - but it does look big in tight jeans!!!

Stick with what you've ordered, that's good, but you could add some 508s for a change if you like!smile.gif
post #20233 of 20234
I think I'm just being a bit clingy to my old tight jeans. Ordered the 504s and I'll stick with them. I do t want to have to get the waist taken in etc. jeans should sit over a shoe right, not on top of it. It just clicked. The 508s run large by a size in the UK.

Darker colours might look better so I'll see how they look with shoes and show you then you can advice if I get a slight taper or not. With shortening the baggy knees should go away right?

Thanks again!

Should chinos fit like jeans too then? As that may help me with what Dockers fit to get.

You were right - I was wrong!

I think I've been looking at the wrong pictures for the look I want to replicate. Lol!
post #20234 of 20234
Does anyone have The Hudson Biker Jeans? I am looking to get a pair of bikers and would rather not pay Balmain prices right away. These look decent but I do not know anything about Hudson jeans (most of my denim is raw / selvedge). Any other brands with biker options (that don't cost an arm and a leg)?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.