or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1347

post #20191 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirsh View Post

I'm very sorry that the pointer jeans weren't any good...:-(

Good luck with the Agave and the All Americans!!!

Hopefully the Willians ung Garment will be able to help too!

Keep us posted...smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif
Just got the first pair of Agaves back from hemming. I think I've found my brand and fit. Just have to be an eBay Nazi and keep sniffing out good prices on them. Have a pair of the same style in brown Italian denim at the tailors which should be ready next week.


post #20192 of 20767

I want a fit like Unbranded tapered fit, with a 501-esque rise.  Any suggestions?

post #20193 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by datguy21 View Post

Tried the 511s again to check how they fit across the board! As in whether the tighter or looser ones were the usual fit as aware Levis have problems in regularity.
Here are the 511s again in a darker tone - tried them on today.

Thoughts?! These look slim but aren't skinny, am I right? Have I nailed a fit?

Or are the 508s in a massive waist better?, :/.











You look much better in looser jeans and get the waist taken in!

Forget about tight jeans Please..they don't suit your body frame at all

I agree that you should be looking for a straight fit, slim tapered is not for you..

Hope this helps!smile.gif
post #20194 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulsterman View Post

Just got the first pair of Agaves back from hemming. I think I've found my brand and fit. Just have to be an eBay Nazi and keep sniffing out good prices on them. Have a pair of the same style in brown Italian denim at the tailors which should be ready next week.



They look like nice jeans...can't wait to see the brown Italian denim ones as well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerHoggz View Post

I want a fit like Unbranded tapered fit, with a 501-esque rise.  Any suggestions?

I don't know the whole Unbranded range...but Acne do a good range of 501 style jeans - have you considered those??smile.gif
post #20195 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirsh View Post

I think the 511s in the lighter colour Look best, or the 508s in the darker colour..

The 511s in the darker colour are too tight!

Hope this helps:)

HOLY FUCK FUCK SHIT FUCK
post #20196 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenitwit View Post

I went out and tried the 508s in a size up. They're very, very big on the waist and not terribly fitted on the legs - or so I think.

I then tried on some 511s in one store in a lighter denim colour which I think fit well but then tried them again in Levis store and they fit tighter. I'm aware Levis sizing is inconsistent. I've attached pictures, so let me know what you think. Or if anyone else sees this and can advice on my fit too, that would really help! With the 34 waist 511s, I may need an inch taken in at the waist but they seemed OK with a belt with no bunching but I wasn't 100% sure. With the 508s, easily 2-3 inches needed. Is it worth ordering the 511s off the internet and seeing how they fit? As in the tighter or looser of the two? I think the 511s in the lighter colour are best but maybe they should be more fitted like the darker pair ideally? I could try the 511s again in a different store just to see what the general fit should be like. Thoughts?


Thanks in advance!



Here are the 508s in a 34:




















511s in a lighter colour: 





















511s in a darker colour:



























Fuuuuuuuuck
post #20197 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by grundletaint View Post

Fuuuuuuuuck

Fuuuuuuuuck
post #20198 of 20767
what's wrong with u man?
post #20199 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirsh View Post

You look much better in looser jeans and get the waist taken in!

Forget about tight jeans Please..they don't suit your body frame at all

I agree that you should be looking for a straight fit, slim tapered is not for you..

Hope this helps!smile.gif

Take the 508s or go looking for jeans in a straight fit when I get the chance?

Thanks for the advice!
post #20200 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by datguy21 View Post

Take the 508s or go looking for jeans in a straight fit when I get the chance?

Thanks for the advice!

You're very welcome!

Why not just jump in with the 508s - they looked good on you..

Plenty of good quality classic fit jeans out there for you!smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif
post #20201 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirsh View Post

You're very welcome!

Why not just jump in with the 508s - they looked good on you..

Plenty of good quality classic fit jeans out there for you!smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Hey.

Next time I'm out, I'll try on two pairs of 508s again to check I didn't have a lucky pair. I'll try some 501s too as they had a narrower leg opening at the bottom. I'll see what other straight fits are around with the 508s and report back smile.gif!

Thanks again!
post #20202 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by datguy21 View Post

Hey.

Next time I'm out, I'll try on two pairs of 508s again to check I didn't have a lucky pair. I'll try some 501s too as they had a narrower leg opening at the bottom. I'll see what other straight fits are around with the 508s and report back smile.gif!

Thanks again!

I can't wait to see what you end up with..

Hopefully a great fitting pair of jeans - don't forget to post pics!!!smile.gif
post #20203 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirsh View Post

I can't wait to see what you end up with..

Hopefully a great fitting pair of jeans - don't forget to post pics!!!smile.gif

I hope so too! So the ideal fit is slim and tight-ish. I think I get it now. Only reason I want to try the straights in a few styles is the waist on 508 34 was loose. Maybe the next pairs I try aren't so bad!
post #20204 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by datguy21 View Post

I hope so too! So the ideal fit is slim and tight-ish. I think I get it now. Only reason I want to try the straights in a few styles is the waist on 508 34 was loose. Maybe the next pairs I try aren't so bad!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DONT BUY TIGHT JEANS!!!

You look much slimmer in classic or straight styles!

Promise me you won't buy tight jeans - honestly they don't suit you

Straight leg or classic and you'll look great

PLEASE!!!smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifbiggrin.gif
post #20205 of 20767
Quote:
Originally Posted by datguy21 View Post

I hope so too! So the ideal fit is slim and tight-ish. I think I get it now. Only reason I want to try the straights in a few styles is the waist on 508 34 was loose. Maybe the next pairs I try aren't so bad!

I did try on some Diesel but I thought they were too saggy on the butt. Can you look and maybe save me a trip?

Failing that, I'll go against the 508 and try on different straight styles, smile.gif.






New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.