or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1343

post #20131 of 20638

come to think of it, RRLs are not that expensive any longer as far as high quality denims,you might be able find on ebay for quite reasonable , besides you got a discount so , you are ok.

Yes you will find selvedge in your up and arriving denim. RRL uses japanese selvedge denims so there is a quality pair denim.

Slim fit is good, but not too slim and only difference is the leg opening less than 8 inches.

you are also buying the leather patch with RL on it and some back pocket designs. made in USA

they made alot of them.

overall you made a good choice.

the big difference between cheap denims and more expensive ones is good ones tend to stay in firm and taut with how ever you wear them, they will get soft and but there is still maintain good shape ..

post #20132 of 20638
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyoumad View Post

Got a Newb question...

I ordered some RRL denim just to try as I've heard some good things.

I tried like 3-4 different washes, all in slim fit. Still waiting to receive. They are all "selvedge" I'm assuming?

I had a nice discount code to use so I went crazy, but besides paying for the name, what "extras" am I paying for in a RRL jean besides the selvedge seam at the bottom? I know there's a $70ish markup at least because it's RL, but what else should I look for in deciphering a "quality" jean?
Yes there is some markup with rrl stuff but in general with their denim, you're paying for the higher quality denim, details like hidden rivets, branded rivets, embroidered coin pocket, back pocket construction, etc. With the different washes, you're obviously paying a lot more for the labor that goes into it.
post #20133 of 20638
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSoonest View Post

Yes there is some markup with rrl stuff but in general with their denim, you're paying for the higher quality denim, details like hidden rivets, branded rivets, embroidered coin pocket, back pocket construction, etc. With the different washes, you're obviously paying a lot more for the labor that goes into it.

Appreciate that! And with Selvedge, I'm assuming that's just a standard attribute of all HQ denim. They didn't advertise it as selvedge but I'm assuming it is.
post #20134 of 20638
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyoumad View Post

Appreciate that! And with Selvedge, I'm assuming that's just a standard attribute of all HQ denim. They didn't advertise it as selvedge but I'm assuming it is.
No prob. Selvedge isn't necessarily a given with HQ denim. It depends on the brands. You can see right away if you look at the out seam of the jeans. I believe most rrl jeans are selvedge though
post #20135 of 20638
Anyone know any other brands that have a similar fit to RRL low straight cut? Looking for more colors and fabric choices.
post #20136 of 20638
My first post in the denim thread! Really excited for next week. I have embarked on a quest to find american made high quality denim in the under 100 dollar price point. Harder still as I am a big guy with a 40-42 waist and so often the sizes stop at about 38.

What spurred me on this search was receiving my last and final pair of levis this week from zappos. It was just a joke, and a bad one at that. Never before had a felt a cheaper pair of jeans in my hands and I had enough. Enough with the jeans made in four different countries. Enough of the cheap thin materials. Enough with the lottery of not knowing if the jeans would even fit.

I have ordered three pairs of jeans to see what options are availible to me. One is a pair of Lincolns from All American Clothing. The second a pair of raw white oak cone denim jeans from Pointer Brand. And the third is a pair of Agave denim found nwot at a steep eBay discount. Really excited to see how they turn out!
post #20137 of 20638
you should step up your price point for real quality, IMO
post #20138 of 20638
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdecker1 View Post

you should step up your price point for real quality, IMO

I'll happily purchase higher price point denim if I can get a really good deal. The agaves for example. Normally 225. Snagged for 70 shipped.
post #20139 of 20638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulsterman View Post

I'll happily purchase higher price point denim if I can get a really good deal. The agaves for example. Normally 225. Snagged for 70 shipped.

Certainly you can find occasional deals such as this… I think he's saying that if you really want to have a chance at getting some more high quality denim you should probably expect to be in the $150 range as then you can definitely find some of the better brands when they go on sale for 40%-50% off. I recently grabbed a pair of Raleighs for about $140. Some of my faves.
post #20140 of 20638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post

Certainly you can find occasional deals such as this… I think he's saying that if you really want to have a chance at getting some more high quality denim you should probably expect to be in the $150 range as then you can definitely find some of the better brands when they go on sale for 40%-50% off. I recently grabbed a pair of Raleighs for about $140. Some of my faves.

I can see the logic there. Often it doesn't take a huge leap in price to get a major increase in quality. Would be interested in that but I did notice a majority of the makers stop at a 38 waist. I'm six four and Irish so the only way I'd get to 38 would be to develop an eating disorder.

I was happy to see the Agaves at that price. Agave also has an outlet site similarly priced but the sizes were enormous.

After I sent back those crap Levi's I did a lot of google searching and reading on the rawr denim blog and ran through a lot of the well known makers and actually found only a handful that made dark wash, straight legged in my size. The above mentioned brands being a few of them.
post #20141 of 20638
I think Tellason has some bigger sizes and can be found on sale at the right time of year. Great jeans
post #20142 of 20638
I just discovered the Williamsburg Garment brand as well. They appear to do regular selvedge mto's in larger sizes.
post #20143 of 20638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulsterman View Post

I just discovered the Williamsburg Garment brand as well. They appear to do regular selvedge mto's in larger sizes.

Well done!!

Anything is possible if you try hard enough...smile.gif
post #20144 of 20638

I'm size 28 in APC PNS

do you have any recommendation for high quality pitch black jeans?

post #20145 of 20638

What happens if I hot soak a brand new pair of raw sanforized jeans? it does this makes any sense? I would like to shrink them a bit

 

Cheers

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.