Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New gap denim Last post on 11/25/15 at 8:57pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1337post #20041 of 213672/17/14 at 10:15ampost #20042 of 213672/17/14 at 10:17ampost #20043 of 213672/17/14 at 12:15pm
What are some places to get some very slim, very dark size 28 jeans?
I live in NYC so any stores that are only in new york are ok. I'm 5'8 and slim, so anything with high rise, huge back pockets, or a lot of room in the thighs/seat is a big no. Must be very dark blue or even black(though black often looks worse than near-black on me). Under $100 preferred.
My best jeans so far are old Kill City skinny jeans(back before they made them skin-tight), and old Element Desoto slim-straight jeans(back before they made them too short)post #20044 of 213672/17/14 at 5:20pmpost #20045 of 213672/17/14 at 7:11pmQuote:
The reason those jeans fit is they were made for a demographic with proportions noticeably different from your regular american. Element is skater stuff, Kill City is alternative crowd - both with many younger and/or slim people, at least stereotypically. I don't want something "cool" - I want something that fits well and has a good color(which is amazingly hard to find in jeans - there's all kinds of light-medium blues, but very dark is less oommon).
I never found Levi's to fit all that well, to be honest. They're alright, but not great. The color selection is not spectacular either.post #20046 of 213672/17/14 at 7:23pmpost #20047 of 213672/18/14 at 12:22am
THis is my first time here because I usually post on MC. I bought some Levi's 508 from an outlet store(I'm not picky with my jeans and these have always fit the bill - I'd rather spend the savings on a nice tie). My question with Levi's quality denim is: will it shrink noticeably(especially after the first time) if all I do is wash the jeans in cold water & hang-dry them once every few months? I wear a 34x32 and it fits quite well. Thighs may be a tad tight(squatting thighs & normal calves) but they don't make a 35". Will I notice the shrinkage in the waist, thighs, and section below the knee(basically everywhere)?post #20048 of 213672/18/14 at 5:44amI dont have levis but here is my advise
Are those hard cardboard like denim ? Heavy ? Light?
I would not wash right away. After you wore them for a while and creases have developed
And become soften with your walking around
Sitting in the car.
I would buy a water spray the ones you use to spray house plants with.
When you get home spray some areas ,
Like back of knees ,thighs, calves little at time till feel soaked while you are wearing them
Wear them till dry. Do it for a while , till you get comfy in them.
After a while you can cold wash in the machine.
Wear them quickly before they are completely dry .
Let them dry on you.
I hope this advise will keep your jeans they way you want them to fit.post #20049 of 213672/18/14 at 8:19amQuote:There will be some shrinking but pretty minimal especially if you're cold washing and hang drying. It'll also stretch back out as you wear them. Best9's advice is pretty intense and IMO unnecessary but to each his own.Originally Posted by forbritisheyes
THis is my first time here because I usually post on MC. I bought some Levi's 508 from an outlet store(I'm not picky with my jeans and these have always fit the bill - I'd rather spend the savings on a nice tie). My question with Levi's quality denim is: will it shrink noticeably(especially after the first time) if all I do is wash the jeans in cold water & hang-dry them once every few months? I wear a 34x32 and it fits quite well. Thighs may be a tad tight(squatting thighs & normal calves) but they don't make a 35". Will I notice the shrinkage in the waist, thighs, and section below the knee(basically everywhere)?post #20050 of 213672/18/14 at 9:45ampost #20051 of 213672/18/14 at 12:43pm
thanks for the advice. They are a nice blue, on the darker side of the spectrum, and not hard at all like the black jeans they make. I didn't feel any shrinking in my Lands' End chinos(all cotton, must iron finish), but since you guys say these will, should I get a 36x34 and still wash them the same way, but wait for them to shrink over time? 36" waist will have a bit more room in the thighs(which I assume is good for shrinkage) and the inseam has plenty of length to shrink, and shorten if needed. The 32" inseam I have right now is JUST right and may become too short if it shrinks even 1/2". I like to wear my jeans with a slight-moderate break just like dress trousers, meaning only 1 fold. I saw a lot of the guys in this thread wear jeans with a pool at their feet but were labeled "good fit" so I guess I'm just different.
Recap on question: should I get a 36x34 and still wash them the same way, but wait for them to shrink over time? I will be losing 15lbs in the next several months, but it's just weight that I've mainly gained in my waistline - not my legs. THey stayed very lean. I'd rather have slightly roomy than slightly too-tight.
***Update: I purchased the 34x34 because the company rec'd I stay with them because it had fit me quite well. Any refunds can go through. Is there a proper way to hem jeans?
Edited by forbritisheyes - 2/18/14 at 11:35pmpost #20052 of 213672/18/14 at 6:33pmQuote:
These are the kinds of colors I like:
I'm actually meaning to stop by a store in nyc(atrium) that may carry the 2nd of those two.post #20053 of 213672/27/14 at 7:21pmpost #20054 of 213672/27/14 at 11:16pmQuote:
Only if they are unsanforized.post #20055 of 213672/28/14 at 12:38pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 minutes ago
- › Solito Thread 14 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 15 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 16 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 36 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 41 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 42 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 57 minutes ago
- › 2016 MLB Season Thread 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding