Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New gap denim Last post on 8/1/15 at 7:05pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1327post #19891 of 2111812/7/13 at 12:45am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19892 of 2111812/11/13 at 5:27pmpost #19893 of 2111812/16/13 at 7:24am
I'm looking for a fairly plain light blue pair of jeans which are slim/tapered.
I've just sold a pair of RRL Low Straights that were just not slim enough below the knee, and now I'm looking for something cheap but durable, under 100€.
Levi's 511 was my first option but I've been disappointed with Levi's quality lately.
I know Diesel don't have good rep over here but they are usually better than Levi's in terms of construction quality, and they have fairly plain washes and not too flashy back pockets like this pair (around 70€ in Yoox):
Nudie jeans are more or less on the same boat as Diesel but I don't find them horrid:
I thought of APC but is it me or the fit of these New Petit Standards looks pretty bad and not slim at all?
Any other alternatives?
Thanks in advance.post #19894 of 2111812/16/13 at 7:56amAPC PS are slim, that’s just a bad fit picture. I guess you are actually looking for a pair of skinny jeans. Have a look at the Naked&Famous SkinnyGuy and SuperSkinnyGuy models. They don’t come in diffferent "washes" or with fake fades though, like the jeans on your photos. In the sale you might get a pair for under 100 Euro.post #19895 of 2111812/16/13 at 8:56amQuote:Originally Posted by Bullitt
APC PS are slim, that’s just a bad fit picture. I guess you are actually looking for a pair of skinny jeans. Have a look at the Naked&Famous SkinnyGuy and SuperSkinnyGuy models. They don’t come in diffferent "washes" or with fake fades though, like the jeans on your photos. In the sale you might get a pair for under 100 Euro.
Thanks, but I own raw jeans already (Unbranded 21oz and previously PRPS), I'm looking for a light blue pair...post #19896 of 2111812/16/13 at 10:56amQuote:
petit new standard are actually slimmer than the ps from what I've read of other people's experiences
if you can return them then it might be worth trying outpost #19897 of 2111812/16/13 at 2:22pmQuote:
Something like this?
http://www.lyst.com/clothing/naked-famous-the-skinny-guy-jeans-light-blue/post #19898 of 2111812/26/13 at 8:42pmpost #19899 of 2111812/27/13 at 7:01pmQuote:
I have a similar question except I don't want anything too slim. Are there any decent denim options out there that would match these measurements?
Leg opening: 8.25"-8.5"
Usually when a pair of jeans has a 34" waist (typically a size 33 or 32 or even smaller depending on the brand), the corresponding thigh measurement is between 11.5"-12", or maybe 12.25" at the most. I can't seem to find anything bigger in the thigh. Are there any brands out that match what I'm looking for?post #19900 of 2111812/27/13 at 8:48pmpost #19901 of 2111812/27/13 at 9:12pmpost #19902 of 2111812/27/13 at 9:39pm
My APCs show a gap on the middle-lower area of the fly like shown below in red. The area is in the center of 2 buttons. It is most apparent when I am sitting down and the area bulges out. Can a tailor fix this? I think sewing the upper button opening deeper in would fix this issue. It would need a lot of reinforcement though because of stretching.post #19903 of 2111812/27/13 at 9:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by kushburner
My APCs show a gap on the middle-lower area of the fly like shown below in red. The area is in the center of 2 buttons. It is most apparent when I am sitting down and the area bulges out. Can a tailor fix this? I think sewing the upper button opening deeper in would fix this issue. It would need a lot of reinforcement though because of stretching.
Your jeans are too tight. Buy a size larger.post #19904 of 2111812/27/13 at 9:57pm
I know it's definitely not too tight. My APC NS that was 1 size smaller did not have this issue.
I also want to note that the stitching at that area is a bit crooked as well which is partly the reason I have this issuepost #19905 of 2111812/28/13 at 6:09am
I tried 511's once and they were too tight on me. The only jeans I still have that work relatively well are Gap selvedge from a few years ago - they're size 33 with an actual waist of 34", the thigh is 12.75", but the leg opening is just a little smaller than I'd like at 8". I was hoping to find another selvedge option that was just slightly bigger in the thigh and LO, but with the same waist measurement.
- I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 28 seconds ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 42 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 45 seconds ago
- › Chippewa Plain Toe Boot Vibram Sole Burgundy US8.5D US9D US9E BRAND... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › 40 year old socially retarded - what can I get away with wearing? 2 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 5 minutes ago
- › Alter to make the suit silhouette slimmer 7 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...