Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New gap denim Last post on 11/25/15 at 8:57pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1327post #19891 of 2141712/7/13 at 12:45ampost #19892 of 2141712/11/13 at 5:27pmpost #19893 of 2141712/16/13 at 7:24am
I'm looking for a fairly plain light blue pair of jeans which are slim/tapered.
I've just sold a pair of RRL Low Straights that were just not slim enough below the knee, and now I'm looking for something cheap but durable, under 100€.
Levi's 511 was my first option but I've been disappointed with Levi's quality lately.
I know Diesel don't have good rep over here but they are usually better than Levi's in terms of construction quality, and they have fairly plain washes and not too flashy back pockets like this pair (around 70€ in Yoox):
Nudie jeans are more or less on the same boat as Diesel but I don't find them horrid:
I thought of APC but is it me or the fit of these New Petit Standards looks pretty bad and not slim at all?
Any other alternatives?
Thanks in advance.post #19894 of 2141712/16/13 at 7:56amAPC PS are slim, that’s just a bad fit picture. I guess you are actually looking for a pair of skinny jeans. Have a look at the Naked&Famous SkinnyGuy and SuperSkinnyGuy models. They don’t come in diffferent "washes" or with fake fades though, like the jeans on your photos. In the sale you might get a pair for under 100 Euro.post #19895 of 2141712/16/13 at 8:56amQuote:Originally Posted by Bullitt
APC PS are slim, that’s just a bad fit picture. I guess you are actually looking for a pair of skinny jeans. Have a look at the Naked&Famous SkinnyGuy and SuperSkinnyGuy models. They don’t come in diffferent "washes" or with fake fades though, like the jeans on your photos. In the sale you might get a pair for under 100 Euro.
Thanks, but I own raw jeans already (Unbranded 21oz and previously PRPS), I'm looking for a light blue pair...post #19896 of 2141712/16/13 at 10:56amQuote:
petit new standard are actually slimmer than the ps from what I've read of other people's experiences
if you can return them then it might be worth trying outpost #19897 of 2141712/16/13 at 2:22pmQuote:
Something like this?
http://www.lyst.com/clothing/naked-famous-the-skinny-guy-jeans-light-blue/post #19898 of 2141712/26/13 at 8:42pmpost #19899 of 2141712/27/13 at 7:01pmQuote:
I have a similar question except I don't want anything too slim. Are there any decent denim options out there that would match these measurements?
Leg opening: 8.25"-8.5"
Usually when a pair of jeans has a 34" waist (typically a size 33 or 32 or even smaller depending on the brand), the corresponding thigh measurement is between 11.5"-12", or maybe 12.25" at the most. I can't seem to find anything bigger in the thigh. Are there any brands out that match what I'm looking for?post #19900 of 2141712/27/13 at 8:48pmpost #19901 of 2141712/27/13 at 9:12pmpost #19902 of 2141712/27/13 at 9:39pm
My APCs show a gap on the middle-lower area of the fly like shown below in red. The area is in the center of 2 buttons. It is most apparent when I am sitting down and the area bulges out. Can a tailor fix this? I think sewing the upper button opening deeper in would fix this issue. It would need a lot of reinforcement though because of stretching.post #19903 of 2141712/27/13 at 9:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by kushburner
My APCs show a gap on the middle-lower area of the fly like shown below in red. The area is in the center of 2 buttons. It is most apparent when I am sitting down and the area bulges out. Can a tailor fix this? I think sewing the upper button opening deeper in would fix this issue. It would need a lot of reinforcement though because of stretching.
Your jeans are too tight. Buy a size larger.post #19904 of 2141712/27/13 at 9:57pm
I know it's definitely not too tight. My APC NS that was 1 size smaller did not have this issue.
I also want to note that the stitching at that area is a bit crooked as well which is partly the reason I have this issuepost #19905 of 2141712/28/13 at 6:09am
I tried 511's once and they were too tight on me. The only jeans I still have that work relatively well are Gap selvedge from a few years ago - they're size 33 with an actual waist of 34", the thigh is 12.75", but the leg opening is just a little smaller than I'd like at 8". I was hoping to find another selvedge option that was just slightly bigger in the thigh and LO, but with the same waist measurement.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 seconds ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 1 minute ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 9 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 9 minutes ago
- › Nicholas Templeman: A Bespoke Shoemaker 12 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 22 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 College Football Season Threak 38 minutes ago
- › Junya Watanabe Comme des Garcons MAN parka 43 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 47 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 50 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...