Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New gap denim Last post on 12/23/14 at 9:22pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1319
Styleforum Top Picks
I soak all jeans before I wear them, because even sanforised denim will shrink a bit, but mainly to get rid of the starch and other chemicals most denim is treated with and which I don’t want to have in contact with my skin.
Is there a way you guys get rid of hip flare on raw denim?
What I'm reffering to: http://imgur.com/a/GqGSf
The "flare" you are referring to has nothing to do with raw denim. It is just the cut of these jeans.
Edited by Bullitt - 10/16/13 at 5:10am
planning to do a hot wash, hang dry followed by a cold wash, hang dry both in the washing machine. am I good to go just turning these things inside out and washing (don't wanna do tub soak method), or do I need a garment bag or something else? trying to avoid excessive creasing etc
I am looking for a jean similiar to the fit of a Levi 508? Can anyone give me any suggestions. I love the taper on the 508 and if I order a size larger in waist then I normally do I have the perfect amount of room in the seat and thighs.
I do have some cons with the Levi 508.
- I hate how large the back pockets are on my 508 and how low they are. It looks like I am sagging no matter how high I wear them.
Look foward to hearing your suggestions
I'm just getting into the world of raw denim, and it's a bit overwhelming. I was hoping you all could assist me in my search for some well-fitting denim.
My first purchase was a pair of APC New Standards, 30". They fit wonderfully, and will stretch out a bit over time. I'm looking for some heavier denim to augment my wardrobe, but I don't know which fits would be best. I'm looking for anything similar to the NS fit.
Thus far I've looked into the Naked and Famous Weirdguy, the Iron Heart 666S, and Nudie Grim Tim's. I like being able to cuff my jeans at the base, as well as the stacking fades that occur with longer inseams.
If you all could list (heavier) denim with a similar fit/style to the New Standards, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Here are the APC New Standard measurements. I wear a 30" waist.
Is it possible to re-hem the jeans to the original cuff without shortening the length too much? I just sent my jeans to the local tailor, and she fucked it up really bad. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
That's exactly how any tailor would shorten jeans. She cut off the hem and moved it up to preserve the original bottom. There is no going back.
The tailors, I usually go to, cut the off the length and make a new original cuff. This is the first time I've ever seen anyone do that with my pants.
- I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 20 seconds ago
- › NWT RLBL Black Messenger Bag, Tumbled Leather 24 seconds ago
- › Cigars 1 minute ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 5 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR... 6 minutes ago
- › Shoe Antiquing 7 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...