Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New gap denim Last post on 11/25/15 at 8:57pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and Trousers
Last edited: 11/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1319
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19772 of 2121310/10/13 at 4:57pmpost #19773 of 2121310/11/13 at 1:10am
I soak all jeans before I wear them, because even sanforised denim will shrink a bit, but mainly to get rid of the starch and other chemicals most denim is treated with and which I don’t want to have in contact with my skin.Quote:Originally Posted by Guitareti
Is there a way you guys get rid of hip flare on raw denim?
What I'm reffering to: http://imgur.com/a/GqGSf
The "flare" you are referring to has nothing to do with raw denim. It is just the cut of these jeans.
Edited by Bullitt - 10/16/13 at 5:10ampost #19774 of 2121310/11/13 at 2:45ampost #19775 of 2121310/12/13 at 4:41pmgot a pair of black sami 710s, and will be my first experience with unsanforized denim
planning to do a hot wash, hang dry followed by a cold wash, hang dry both in the washing machine. am I good to go just turning these things inside out and washing (don't wanna do tub soak method), or do I need a garment bag or something else? trying to avoid excessive creasing etcpost #19776 of 2121310/12/13 at 9:32pmpost #19777 of 2121310/12/13 at 9:38pmpost #19778 of 2121310/13/13 at 7:58ampost #19779 of 2121310/15/13 at 3:20pm
I am looking for a jean similiar to the fit of a Levi 508? Can anyone give me any suggestions. I love the taper on the 508 and if I order a size larger in waist then I normally do I have the perfect amount of room in the seat and thighs.
I do have some cons with the Levi 508.
- I hate how large the back pockets are on my 508 and how low they are. It looks like I am sagging no matter how high I wear them.
Look foward to hearing your suggestionspost #19780 of 2121310/15/13 at 3:25pmpost #19781 of 2121310/15/13 at 9:54pm
I'm just getting into the world of raw denim, and it's a bit overwhelming. I was hoping you all could assist me in my search for some well-fitting denim.
My first purchase was a pair of APC New Standards, 30". They fit wonderfully, and will stretch out a bit over time. I'm looking for some heavier denim to augment my wardrobe, but I don't know which fits would be best. I'm looking for anything similar to the NS fit.
Thus far I've looked into the Naked and Famous Weirdguy, the Iron Heart 666S, and Nudie Grim Tim's. I like being able to cuff my jeans at the base, as well as the stacking fades that occur with longer inseams.
If you all could list (heavier) denim with a similar fit/style to the New Standards, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Here are the APC New Standard measurements. I wear a 30" waist.post #19782 of 2121310/16/13 at 2:51ampost #19783 of 2121310/16/13 at 3:25amQuote:Originally Posted by Dingusberry
Is it possible to re-hem the jeans to the original cuff without shortening the length too much? I just sent my jeans to the local tailor, and she fucked it up really bad. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
That's exactly how any tailor would shorten jeans. She cut off the hem and moved it up to preserve the original bottom. There is no going back.post #19784 of 2121310/16/13 at 4:46ampost #19785 of 2121310/16/13 at 6:31amQuote:
The tailors, I usually go to, cut the off the length and make a new original cuff. This is the first time I've ever seen anyone do that with my pants.
- I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › Stephan Schneider Color Block Sweater - Gray & Cream - Size 4 11 seconds ago
- › Ute Ploier Color Block Shirt - Gray - Size 46 1 minute ago
- › Ute Ploier Basecamp Trousers - Salt & Pepper - Size 48 1 minute ago
- › Ute Ploier Tapered Cords - Burgundy/Rust - Size 48 2 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 6 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 10 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories