Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New gap denim Last post on 12/23/14 at 9:22pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1319
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19772 of 2110710/10/13 at 4:57pmpost #19773 of 2110710/11/13 at 1:10am
I soak all jeans before I wear them, because even sanforised denim will shrink a bit, but mainly to get rid of the starch and other chemicals most denim is treated with and which I don’t want to have in contact with my skin.Quote:Originally Posted by Guitareti
Is there a way you guys get rid of hip flare on raw denim?
What I'm reffering to: http://imgur.com/a/GqGSf
The "flare" you are referring to has nothing to do with raw denim. It is just the cut of these jeans.
Edited by Bullitt - 10/16/13 at 5:10ampost #19774 of 2110710/11/13 at 2:45ampost #19775 of 2110710/12/13 at 4:41pmgot a pair of black sami 710s, and will be my first experience with unsanforized denim
planning to do a hot wash, hang dry followed by a cold wash, hang dry both in the washing machine. am I good to go just turning these things inside out and washing (don't wanna do tub soak method), or do I need a garment bag or something else? trying to avoid excessive creasing etcpost #19776 of 2110710/12/13 at 9:32pmpost #19777 of 2110710/12/13 at 9:38pmpost #19778 of 2110710/13/13 at 7:58ampost #19779 of 2110710/15/13 at 3:20pm
I am looking for a jean similiar to the fit of a Levi 508? Can anyone give me any suggestions. I love the taper on the 508 and if I order a size larger in waist then I normally do I have the perfect amount of room in the seat and thighs.
I do have some cons with the Levi 508.
- I hate how large the back pockets are on my 508 and how low they are. It looks like I am sagging no matter how high I wear them.
Look foward to hearing your suggestionspost #19780 of 2110710/15/13 at 3:25pmpost #19781 of 2110710/15/13 at 9:54pm
I'm just getting into the world of raw denim, and it's a bit overwhelming. I was hoping you all could assist me in my search for some well-fitting denim.
My first purchase was a pair of APC New Standards, 30". They fit wonderfully, and will stretch out a bit over time. I'm looking for some heavier denim to augment my wardrobe, but I don't know which fits would be best. I'm looking for anything similar to the NS fit.
Thus far I've looked into the Naked and Famous Weirdguy, the Iron Heart 666S, and Nudie Grim Tim's. I like being able to cuff my jeans at the base, as well as the stacking fades that occur with longer inseams.
If you all could list (heavier) denim with a similar fit/style to the New Standards, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Here are the APC New Standard measurements. I wear a 30" waist.post #19782 of 2110710/16/13 at 2:51ampost #19783 of 2110710/16/13 at 3:25amQuote:Originally Posted by Dingusberry
Is it possible to re-hem the jeans to the original cuff without shortening the length too much? I just sent my jeans to the local tailor, and she fucked it up really bad. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
That's exactly how any tailor would shorten jeans. She cut off the hem and moved it up to preserve the original bottom. There is no going back.post #19784 of 2110710/16/13 at 4:46ampost #19785 of 2110710/16/13 at 6:31amQuote:
The tailors, I usually go to, cut the off the length and make a new original cuff. This is the first time I've ever seen anyone do that with my pants.
- I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Alligator / Crocodile Shoes 1 minute ago
- › THOM BROWNE ties 3 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 11 minutes ago
- › 7/3 MORE ADDED! - Over 50 Pair NWT Pants from Brioni, Incotex,... 15 minutes ago
- › Snowman x SnowSmock Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 18 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Wedding tie with light/medium blue custom suit 19 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...