Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New gap denim Last post on 11/25/15 at 8:57pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Last edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1319post #19771 of 2135310/8/13 at 3:08pmpost #19772 of 2135310/10/13 at 4:57pmpost #19773 of 2135310/11/13 at 1:10am
I soak all jeans before I wear them, because even sanforised denim will shrink a bit, but mainly to get rid of the starch and other chemicals most denim is treated with and which I don’t want to have in contact with my skin.Quote:Originally Posted by Guitareti
Is there a way you guys get rid of hip flare on raw denim?
What I'm reffering to: http://imgur.com/a/GqGSf
The "flare" you are referring to has nothing to do with raw denim. It is just the cut of these jeans.
Edited by Bullitt - 10/16/13 at 5:10ampost #19774 of 2135310/11/13 at 2:45ampost #19775 of 2135310/12/13 at 4:41pmgot a pair of black sami 710s, and will be my first experience with unsanforized denim
planning to do a hot wash, hang dry followed by a cold wash, hang dry both in the washing machine. am I good to go just turning these things inside out and washing (don't wanna do tub soak method), or do I need a garment bag or something else? trying to avoid excessive creasing etcpost #19776 of 2135310/12/13 at 9:32pmpost #19777 of 2135310/12/13 at 9:38pmpost #19778 of 2135310/13/13 at 7:58ampost #19779 of 2135310/15/13 at 3:20pm
I am looking for a jean similiar to the fit of a Levi 508? Can anyone give me any suggestions. I love the taper on the 508 and if I order a size larger in waist then I normally do I have the perfect amount of room in the seat and thighs.
I do have some cons with the Levi 508.
- I hate how large the back pockets are on my 508 and how low they are. It looks like I am sagging no matter how high I wear them.
Look foward to hearing your suggestionspost #19780 of 2135310/15/13 at 3:25pmpost #19781 of 2135310/15/13 at 9:54pm
I'm just getting into the world of raw denim, and it's a bit overwhelming. I was hoping you all could assist me in my search for some well-fitting denim.
My first purchase was a pair of APC New Standards, 30". They fit wonderfully, and will stretch out a bit over time. I'm looking for some heavier denim to augment my wardrobe, but I don't know which fits would be best. I'm looking for anything similar to the NS fit.
Thus far I've looked into the Naked and Famous Weirdguy, the Iron Heart 666S, and Nudie Grim Tim's. I like being able to cuff my jeans at the base, as well as the stacking fades that occur with longer inseams.
If you all could list (heavier) denim with a similar fit/style to the New Standards, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Here are the APC New Standard measurements. I wear a 30" waist.post #19782 of 2135310/16/13 at 2:51ampost #19783 of 2135310/16/13 at 3:25amQuote:Originally Posted by Dingusberry
Is it possible to re-hem the jeans to the original cuff without shortening the length too much? I just sent my jeans to the local tailor, and she fucked it up really bad. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
That's exactly how any tailor would shorten jeans. She cut off the hem and moved it up to preserve the original bottom. There is no going back.post #19784 of 2135310/16/13 at 4:46ampost #19785 of 2135310/16/13 at 6:31amQuote:
The tailors, I usually go to, cut the off the length and make a new original cuff. This is the first time I've ever seen anyone do that with my pants.
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 10 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 36 seconds ago
- › NIB St Crispin's Chukka 9.5F - US 10D; BUF/BCK 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › Can anyone identify the brand of these shoes that I bought from... 4 minutes ago
- › Alexander McQueen Twin Skulls Ring 6 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts