or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1308

post #19606 of 20655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatum Rag View Post







I want a better fitting pair of jeans. Would appreciate any general or specific feedback on what I should be looking for given these pictures of a size 32 NF Slim Guy Broken Twills and Levi's 559s in 32. Didn't include the back shot on the NF because it was too graphic. Don't think it usually looks THAT bad, but I do have to constantly be aware of whats showing in front every time I sit down. Is that strictly a rise issue?

Ideally, I'd like to keep it under $300 and 15oz, but really just want something that fits right. Thanks!

what exactly do you want different in the fit? slightly slimmer or a lot slimmer...tapered or straight...etc etc.

 

also, what do you mean by too graphic and be aware of whats showing in front? 

post #19607 of 20655
Meant the seam visibly splits me in half in the front pretty much every time I sit down and it was riding high in the back when I took the pic--the seams creep up every time I'm sitting (need to pull down from knees sometimes before standing) or walking for an extended period. There is also some excess, floppy fabric in the top block which looks odd given fit around seams and thighs. The waist is ~2-3 inches too big when the jeans are fully stretched so fabric bunching below the front belt line is another issue.

As for fit, I'm open to anything. Yeah, "better fitting" is somewhat subjective, but if there is some general consensus as to what I should be going for or what I should avoid given body type I'd greatly appreciate any advice. FWIW, I'm 5'9" with 30" inseam. Thanks.
post #19608 of 20655
The last pair looked the best. You need to hem a bit
post #19609 of 20655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatum Rag View Post

Meant the seam visibly splits me in half in the front pretty much every time I sit down and it was riding high in the back when I took the pic--the seams creep up every time I'm sitting (need to pull down from knees sometimes before standing) or walking for an extended period. There is also some excess, floppy fabric in the top block which looks odd given fit around seams and thighs. The waist is ~2-3 inches too big when the jeans are fully stretched so fabric bunching below the front belt line is another issue.

As for fit, I'm open to anything. Yeah, "better fitting" is somewhat subjective, but if there is some general consensus as to what I should be going for or what I should avoid given body type I'd greatly appreciate any advice. FWIW, I'm 5'9" with 30" inseam. Thanks.

Try Gustin Denim

post #19610 of 20655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatum Rag View Post

Meant the seam visibly splits me in half in the front pretty much every time I sit down and it was riding high in the back when I took the pic--the seams creep up every time I'm sitting (need to pull down from knees sometimes before standing) or walking for an extended period. There is also some excess, floppy fabric in the top block which looks odd given fit around seams and thighs. The waist is ~2-3 inches too big when the jeans are fully stretched so fabric bunching below the front belt line is another issue.

As for fit, I'm open to anything. Yeah, "better fitting" is somewhat subjective, but if there is some general consensus as to what I should be going for or what I should avoid given body type I'd greatly appreciate any advice. FWIW, I'm 5'9" with 30" inseam. Thanks.

sometimes with a higher/mid rose, there is more room and it can ride up a little more when walking or sitting and give you the wedgie look. might look for something with a lower rose so there's less room in the seat. i think it might be worthwhile to look into a slim straight as opposed to a slim tapered. maybe look into 3sixteen SL, Baldwin Reeds, Railcar, Tellason john graham mellor, or RRL Slim

post #19611 of 20655
What are actual good cuts of denim these days that actually look good enough to dress up with a shirt and jacket?

No crazy japanese experimental fabrics and minimal backpocket design implied.
post #19612 of 20655
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmywinks View Post

What are actual good cuts of denim these days that actually look good enough to dress up with a shirt and jacket?

No crazy japanese experimental fabrics and minimal backpocket design implied.

Try https://www.weargustin.com/store?filter=funding

post #19613 of 20655
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmywinks View Post

What are actual good cuts of denim these days that actually look good enough to dress up with a shirt and jacket?

No crazy japanese experimental fabrics and minimal backpocket design implied.
I'd go with a simple slim straight with a low-mid rise. It'll look good with the shirt tucked in and dresses up nicely. My favorites are 3sixteen sl and baldwin henley.
post #19614 of 20655

I am looking for jean suggestions and I'd appreciate any help pointing me in the right direction.

 

I'm looking for a slim straight fit low rise jean (preferably selvedge) that is dark in color. I need something that will be dark, crisp, and not be fading quickly or have fading patterns quickly. Also, I really like the fit of Scotch&Soda Ralston jeans and would preferably like a model of Ralston that has those properties, or something that would fit in a somewhat similar way (low-rise, slim straight fit but not too tight in the thighs).

 

Thanks!

post #19615 of 20655
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmywinks View Post

What are actual good cuts of denim these days that actually look good enough to dress up with a shirt and jacket?

No crazy japanese experimental fabrics and minimal backpocket design implied.

+1. This is basically the exact question I have. Although I know I want a low to mid rise that is dark and slim straight cut.

post #19616 of 20655
why not just buy the scotch and soda ralston?
post #19617 of 20655
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosswound View Post

why not just buy the scotch and soda ralston?

Good question haha. Sorry I didn't make it clear. I'd be happy with Ralston except I haven't been able to find a dark clean pair that would go good with a sports coat or patterned shirt. There was one pair of selvedge they made last year that were good, but they unfortunately sold out in my size. Do you know of any Ralston that are dark and crisp? 

post #19618 of 20655
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenfan View Post

I am looking for jean suggestions and I'd appreciate any help pointing me in the right direction.

I'm looking for a slim straight fit low rise jean (preferably selvedge) that is dark in color. I need something that will be dark, crisp, and not be fading quickly or have fading patterns quickly. Also, I really like the fit of Scotch&Soda Ralston jeans and would preferably like a model of Ralston that has those properties, or something that would fit in a somewhat similar way (low-rise, slim straight fit but not too tight in the thighs).

Thanks!
N&F indigos are renowned and reviled for their lack of fading , model depends . Check Blueowl they have the best sizing info imo
post #19619 of 20655
cross posted from RRL thread...

Gents:

I have a pair of RRL selvedge - My favorite pair of jeans. I use it for everything and seldomly wash it. Here's the rub...

I dance salsa quite a bit in them which means I sweat like a mother. Usually, I just put them out to dry or don't bother washing them. If I do wash them, it's every 3-4 months or so. FFWD 3 years later and they have an awful stench to them. I've tried washing them in delicate wash inside and out and drying them in the sun but nothing seems to shake the smell.

Any suggestions? I'm worried the smell is entrenched in the fabric.
post #19620 of 20655

Wash them properly.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.