or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1307

post #19591 of 20844

I have a couple of dumb questions about washing my Weird Guys for the first time:

 

-Should I use any detergent?

-I'm planning to wash them inside-out, does it matter if I leave them that way to dry or should I turn them right-side-out first?

-I've heard horror stories about raw denim leaving indigo dye residue in the washing machine and staining the next load of laundry blue, is there any truth to them?

 

Thanks in advance!

post #19592 of 20844
Are they dirty or smelly? If yes, use detergent.

Always wash inside out.

Machine wash or hand wash is up to you, but I prefer the latter.

I am unable to debunk any myths about indigo stained laundry drums. Apologies in advance.
post #19593 of 20844

My Diors are always washed alone. Kind of a waste of a whole load but since they're washed so rarely, I think it's better that way to avoid any transfer of dye.

 

Also, anyone got any opinions on YSL's raws? They're going on sale at my local branch. Heard the fit is kinda Dior-ish?

post #19594 of 20844
Quote:
Originally Posted by J BAILEY View Post

I have a couple of dumb questions about washing my Weird Guys for the first time:

-Should I use any detergent?
-I'm planning to wash them inside-out, does it matter if I leave them that way to dry or should I turn them right-side-out first?
-I've heard horror stories about raw denim leaving indigo dye residue in the washing machine and staining the next load of laundry blue, is there any truth to them?

Thanks in advance!
Yes to detergent but would be a good idea to use color safe like woolite dark. It doesn't matter if you leave it to dry inside out or not. Anytime you wash jeans, you'll get indigo bleeding onto the surface of whatever you washed it in. If you're worried, just hand wash in the tub. The indigo isn't too hard to wash off the tub. it might be the better way to go anyways.
post #19595 of 20844

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5354 View Post

Are they dirty or smelly? If yes, use detergent.

Always wash inside out.

Machine wash or hand wash is up to you, but I prefer the latter.

I am unable to debunk any myths about indigo stained laundry drums. Apologies in advance.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSoonest View Post


Yes to detergent but would be a good idea to use color safe like woolite dark. It doesn't matter if you leave it to dry inside out or not. Anytime you wash jeans, you'll get indigo bleeding onto the surface of whatever you washed it in. If you're worried, just hand wash in the tub. The indigo isn't too hard to wash off the tub. it might be the better way to go anyways.

 

Thanks for the help guys, exactly what I was looking for.

post #19596 of 20844

I have ripped my pair of APC PS pretty. And then I wore them for a while. Looks like this:

 

 

 

Will a good tailor be able to fix it so that it looks ok, or should I just get a new pair? Wore them for about 5 months straight.

post #19597 of 20844
tailor should be able to fix that easily.
post #19598 of 20844

How do I know which A.P.C. jean to choose? There's Petit Standard, New Standard, Petit New Standard and New Cure.

post #19599 of 20844
Decide what kind of fit you want? Look at how their measurements differ.
post #19600 of 20844
Thanks, crosswound!
post #19601 of 20844

What's with the sizing on the Zam DNA jeans? They're kinda all over the place with regards to actual waist. Can anyone enlighten me on this? Also, where do the jeans sit naturally?

 

PS, if anyone wants to unload their DNA jeans, I'm a 28 in Diors.

post #19602 of 20844
Depends on the rise and how you want to style it
post #19603 of 20844

I'd like it to sit quite low. Any ideas on how I may size it?

post #19604 of 20844
Measure where on your body it wants to sit use size chart to profit. If want next level measure all parts on yourself to compare
post #19605 of 20844






I want a better fitting pair of jeans. Would appreciate any general or specific feedback on what I should be looking for given these pictures of a size 32 NF Slim Guy Broken Twills and Levi's 559s in 32. Didn't include the back shot on the NF because it was too graphic. Don't think it usually looks THAT bad, but I do have to constantly be aware of whats showing in front every time I sit down. Is that strictly a rise issue?

Ideally, I'd like to keep it under $300 and 15oz, but really just want something that fits right. Thanks!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.