or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1306

post #19576 of 20271

Can anyone recommend some quality, reasonably priced denim shirt options?

 

edit: preferably indigo coloured

post #19577 of 20271
I'm very picky when it comes to the fit of the denim, and in my mind I have some ideas for the ideal fit for me. So I usually alter all of my jeans myself, but it's tiresome and I would like to buy them off the rack. Having them made at an affordable price would also be an option. I guess one could call it a slim 60s version of a pair of jeans.

Anyways my check list looks like this. If you know of any jeans that would fit the bill, please help me out and I'll send a lifetime's worth of good karma your way.

1. Raw denim.

2. Made in USA/Japan/UK/EU

Fit for a size 32" or 33" waist.

3. Highish Rise - 12"

4. Narrow hem - 7"

5. Comfortable seat and thigh - thigh around 12"


Those are the important ones. Stuff like nice zippers and hardware and a nice hefty denim would just be a major plus. Inseam isn't a concern either. I like my jeans cropped and usually hem them to anywhere between a 29-32" inseam.


Seriously, please help me out. I don't care about the price anymore I just want a pair of well-fitting jeans.
post #19578 of 20271

want to try wearing stacks dior homme style, but actual diors are a little out of my budget so I thought maybe nudie would be a good option, seeing as they carry sizes like 30/36. has anyone tried this(sorry if it sounds like a dumb question)? i am thinking maybe a 36" inseam of tight long john would make for a poor man's 17.5cm? thanks 

i'm sure everyone knows these, but this is the kind of stacking i want


Edited by der koch - 7/7/13 at 2:57pm
post #19579 of 20271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simontuntelder View Post

I'm very picky when it comes to the fit of the denim, and in my mind I have some ideas for the ideal fit for me. So I usually alter all of my jeans myself, but it's tiresome and I would like to buy them off the rack. Having them made at an affordable price would also be an option. I guess one could call it a slim 60s version of a pair of jeans.

Anyways my check list looks like this. If you know of any jeans that would fit the bill, please help me out and I'll send a lifetime's worth of good karma your way.

1. Raw denim.

2. Made in USA/Japan/UK/EU

Fit for a size 32" or 33" waist.

3. Highish Rise - 12"

4. Narrow hem - 7"

5. Comfortable seat and thigh - thigh around 12"


Those are the important ones. Stuff like nice zippers and hardware and a nice hefty denim would just be a major plus. Inseam isn't a concern either. I like my jeans cropped and usually hem them to anywhere between a 29-32" inseam.


Seriously, please help me out. I don't care about the price anymore I just want a pair of well-fitting jeans.

 

Message Steven from Railcar Fine Goods, he may be able to help.

 

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/130338-railcar-fine-goods/

post #19580 of 20271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simontuntelder View Post

I'm very picky when it comes to the fit of the denim, and in my mind I have some ideas for the ideal fit for me. So I usually alter all of my jeans myself, but it's tiresome and I would like to buy them off the rack. Having them made at an affordable price would also be an option. I guess one could call it a slim 60s version of a pair of jeans.

Anyways my check list looks like this. If you know of any jeans that would fit the bill, please help me out and I'll send a lifetime's worth of good karma your way.

1. Raw denim.

2. Made in USA/Japan/UK/EU

Fit for a size 32" or 33" waist.

3. Highish Rise - 12"

4. Narrow hem - 7"

5. Comfortable seat and thigh - thigh around 12"


Those are the important ones. Stuff like nice zippers and hardware and a nice hefty denim would just be a major plus. Inseam isn't a concern either. I like my jeans cropped and usually hem them to anywhere between a 29-32" inseam.


Seriously, please help me out. I don't care about the price anymore I just want a pair of well-fitting jeans.

Id look into Hartford denim company. Their 001 jean in size 31 seems like it'd be close to your measurements.
post #19581 of 20271

My pair of ST-100x 3sixteen just arrived, and even when I sized 1 up, the jeans fit a little bit tight around the waist and thighs.

 

What's your best tips to stretch the waist and thighs? Does the waist and thighs stretch out if I wear sweatpants under the jeans?

post #19582 of 20271
wear them at home and to sleep it will take a while but it will stretch some.
post #19583 of 20271

Ok, thanks. Too sad it takes time :(

 

The jeans also smell something weird. Is it the smell of raw cotton? The smell reminds me of my other pair of raws which I have been wearing for 1 year without washing or soaking. 

post #19584 of 20271
Quote:
Originally Posted by acinod View Post

 

Where can I get some well-fitted raw denim? Would Take5 in Hong Kong be a good destination to try on some jeans, or should I have a look at APC, Naked & Famous or Nudie in New York? Or is there something already of good value here in Melbourne, Australia for me? (I know Incu sells raw denim: http://www.incu.com/shop-men/designer/natural-selection-denim/taper-jeans-blue-rain/)

Max budget is $200.

 

Thanks

 

So I just want to get back to my question just in case it was missed.

 

Also want to add that I hope the jeans could also be used in a business casual setting as well as casual.

post #19585 of 20271
Air them out inside out in the sun. Febreeze might work to. Ive gone a year without washing those methods killed the smell
post #19586 of 20271
Quote:
Originally Posted by acinod View Post

 

So I just want to get back to my question just in case it was missed.

 

Also want to add that I hope the jeans could also be used in a business casual setting as well as casual.

i'd check out Up There Store in Melbourne...from what i hear they have a decent selection. there's also Ande Whall you can take a look at. Take 5 from what i've seen has a great selection so it's definitely worth visiting if youre in HK. if your'e going to be in NY i'd take a look at Self Edge and Blue in Green for some great denim options. There's also Jean Shop in NY too. 

post #19587 of 20271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingusberry View Post

My pair of ST-100x 3sixteen just arrived, and even when I sized 1 up, the jeans fit a little bit tight around the waist and thighs.

 

What's your best tips to stretch the waist and thighs? Does the waist and thighs stretch out if I wear sweatpants under the jeans?

you sized up and they were still a little tight? are you sure you got the right size? 3sixteen waists are all 1inch larger than tagged. the only real way to stretch out the jeans and ensure they fit right is to be active in them and wear them a lot. 3sixteens, at least in my experience, dont stretch nearly as much as APCs (which is why people usually size down one or two in APCs).

post #19588 of 20271
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSoonest View Post

you sized up and they were still a little tight? are you sure you got the right size? 3sixteen waists are all 1inch larger than tagged. the only real way to stretch out the jeans and ensure they fit right is to be active in them and wear them a lot. 3sixteens, at least in my experience, dont stretch nearly as much as APCs (which is why people usually size down one or two in APCs).

Yeah, I am sure. My usual size is 28, and my other pair of raws, which I usually wear, is also 28, but it has stretched out from 28'' to 31'' in the waist. 

post #19589 of 20271
What is the appropriate number of jeans to own if:

1. You wear jeans to work?

2. You do not wear jeans to work?
post #19590 of 20271
1 can't lose then
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.