or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1300

post #19486 of 20697
Is this Gustins first batch? Considering ordering some.
post #19487 of 20697
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselman89 View Post

Is this Gustins first batch? Considering ordering some.

are you asking if the current jeans on the site are still their first batch? with gustin you'll have repeats that cycle through the store while other jeans will come in a limited run. so depending on what you order, you may or may not have the first batch of jeans. if you're triyng to see if people are satisfied with their product in general, go visit the gustin thread. people have been posting their thoughts and reviews of the jeans. 

post #19488 of 20697
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselman89 View Post

Wow. So the quality isn't there so your just paying for fit with acne?

Guess I should elaborate - you should be buying a pair of acnes because you like the cut, not because you're worried about the quality. Their quality is ok, nowhere near the best though. That's why the focus is more so on the cut.
post #19489 of 20697
I've got a pair of acne jeans from a few years ago. The fades are a kind of gray, which can be cool since that way your "high contrast fades" are there but the look is subdued somewhat. i haven't noticed any construction issues. I did have to replace the zipper on them, but the pair is tight-fitting in the waist so that zipper just got wrecked.

I really like the fit on my pair and have thought of buying another pair a size larger in the future.

Somewhere it's been written about how Acne uses cheap-looking denim on purpose; I'm not sure exactly what was meant by it. It's not like that matters to basically anyone.
post #19490 of 20697
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyPunch View Post

RRL slim fit rigid or PRPS Rambler raw?

not the biggest fan of prps in general. between the two, i'd go with the rrl slim fit rigids. i've always liked how they look and fit although they're a tad pricy for what they offer but they're a solid pair of jeans. 

post #19491 of 20697

Question: I have two pairs of 3sixteen jeans in size 36. Recently I lost weight and I'm probably a size 34 now. The waist on the jeans are fairly loose and sag a bit in the crotch. Should I expect a tailor to do a reasonable take-in or is it a lost cause?

post #19492 of 20697
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm22 View Post

Question: I have two pairs of 3sixteen jeans in size 36. Recently I lost weight and I'm probably a size 34 now. The waist on the jeans are fairly loose and sag a bit in the crotch. Should I expect a tailor to do a reasonable take-in or is it a lost cause?

depends exactly how much needs to be taken in. i've seen jeans taken in on the waist .5 to MAYBE an inch and it came out ok but anymore than that, then the jeans will fit a little strange. since you do have two pairs, it's worth asking a tailor to see if it's possible w/o it fitting weird. good luck!

post #19493 of 20697
]I've bought a pair of Levis 501 and I would like to know your opinion on how it fits me. I'll probably taper them from the knee down by 1 or 2 centimeters but at the same time I like the straight leg. What do you guys think?



post #19494 of 20697

 Don't really understand what's the point of buying straight-legged jeans if eventually you want them to be tapered. I would buy at least one size smaller. They look too loose for this particular model.

post #19495 of 20697
Haven't bought a pair of jeans in who-knows-how-long but my APC NS are finally starting to disintegrate. Can you guys recommend an alternative?

I love the fit, but was hoping for higher-quality denim. $250 max. Also would appreciate advice on sizing, since I know NS can be weird (I've got 29s right now).
post #19496 of 20697
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghdvfddzgzdzg View Post

I've got a pair of acne jeans from a few years ago. The fades are a kind of gray, which can be cool since that way your "high contrast fades" are there but the look is subdued somewhat. i haven't noticed any construction issues. I did have to replace the zipper on them, but the pair is tight-fitting in the waist so that zipper just got wrecked.

I really like the fit on my pair and have thought of buying another pair a size larger in the future.

Somewhere it's been written about how Acne uses cheap-looking denim on purpose; I'm not sure exactly what was meant by it. It's not like that matters to basically anyone.

I got a pair of Acne 2 years ago. Like you mentioned the fit it awesome, was wondering if there is any other brands that has similar fit? About time to get a new pair of denims!

post #19497 of 20697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbravo View Post

 Don't really understand what's the point of buying straight-legged jeans if eventually you want them to be tapered. I would buy at least one size smaller. They look too loose for this particular model.

In my case I really like the rise and fit in the thigh area but I would like them slimmer across the legs. It also helps that I can get 501s for about 60€. I don't like the rise on the other Levis fits (514, 511) and I don't have a a lot of choice of raw denim in Portugal.
post #19498 of 20697
Speaking of straight leg - I can't ever find jeans at local stores that fit me. Everything is way too tight on my thighs (squats). I ordered a pair of Nudie's Average Joe (org. steve replica). I hope this solves my problem because the jeans look great online, and I love stiff denim.
post #19499 of 20697
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakz View Post

Haven't bought a pair of jeans in who-knows-how-long but my APC NS are finally starting to disintegrate. Can you guys recommend an alternative?

I love the fit, but was hoping for higher-quality denim. $250 max. Also would appreciate advice on sizing, since I know NS can be weird (I've got 29s right now).
For slim straight under 250, I'd recommend 3sixteen sl, baldwin reed or Henley if you want slimmer, Tellason John graham mellor, rrl slim straight,
post #19500 of 20697
looking for a jean thats pretty slim fitting, but no ridicously tight. Slim Straight.

Secondly, I read on some forums that jeans made of cotton are not very flattering on skinny men, considering that the pants stack? Is that true?
I don't like how levi's look on me :/
Finally, is there any other fabric besides cotton that you would reccomend for a jean?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.