you can try rogue territory SK canyon wash. nudie grim tims come in various washes and are tapered. what is your price range?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New gap denim Last post on 12/23/14 at 9:22pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1294
Styleforum Top Picks
tellason ladbroke grove 14.75oz holds its color pretty well and has a taper. I'd also look into Japan Blue and Momotaro tapered.
I went to a denim store and saw these. Are these worth the price?
$265 for Nudies, but they brag about the quality
nudies are always overpriced at full retail. for $265, you can get some nicer jeans with much more unique qualities. but if you like them, you like them!
I'd recommend Rogue Territory stantons unless you have super skinny legs and possibly the SK's
check out my review at sewnthroughaperture.com
there are a ton of options. 3sixteen has jeans for $220 that use a heavier 14.5 custom made fabric from kuroki mills, heavy canvas pocket bags, leather patch from tanner goods. there's also Rogue territory who uses also 14.5 ounce fabric from Japanese and American mills for their jeans for around $220. I'd also look into Tellason which offers cone mills denim in different weights (12.5, 14.75, 16) and also have great details like reinforced back pockets, tanner goods leather patch, heavy canvas pocket bags, etc. I'm wearing a jean from Hartford Denim Company that is around $288 and uses 14.5 Nihon Menpu denim, 9oz cone mills pocket bags, copper rivets, double denim back pockets, and has a lifetime repair guarantee.
If you're willing to spend a little more, you can get some really amazing jeans from Strike Gold, 3sixteen+, Flat Head, etc. I'm sure the nudie jeans are fine and will fade well but with nudies, i always think you're paying significantly more for the logo and brand.
I've got a jacket like this click (cone mills raw denim) with quite light fading so far.
Now, I just bought a pair of jeans in a similar shade and can see my self wanting to wear both all the time.
how do I tone down the double denim look? What do I wear to not look too archaic?
Edit: photographic or clickable advise is very welcome.
Edited by dron - 5/21/13 at 12:10pm
+1 on the Rogue territory. I posted a review a few posts up on my blog. They also source from the Nihon menpu mills in japan if you get the 14.5 oz or 12.5 oz. I'd try on the SK's. There more skinny and should fit similar to the Grim tims or skinny guys, I think those are nudie's slimmer cuts. And you can easily find Nudies on sale in the 100's. Definitely not worth the 275 price tag.
I have the Grim Tim dry selvage jeans, they are nice but overpriced at retail. I got mine for $89, and have seen them as low as $120 on ebay. For those prices, they are great.
Fit is super important, so if the GTs fit you well that's huge... but there's a lot of options and some websites have all the measurements so you might be able to find others that fit like GTs.
I also have a couple pairs of Levi's Made and Crafted Tack jeans, one raw undyed selvage, one waxed dark indigo... both fit really nice too, slightly more room than the GTs and they can be had for well under $100 if you look around. I paid $55 for my undyed selvage Tacks, which is a steal IMO.
I'm not a fan of N&F, fit is all f'ed up on me, I think they were made with a girl's pattern.
- I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 seconds ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 7 seconds ago
- › Wolf vs Goat (WvG) Navy Merino Crewneck Sweater - M 16 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 19 seconds ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 23 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 23 seconds ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 38 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 50 seconds ago
- › The Dark Knot official affiliate thread - Highest quality luxury... 1 minute ago
- › gennaro paone: former head tailor of rubinacci 2 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...