you can try rogue territory SK canyon wash. nudie grim tims come in various washes and are tapered. what is your price range?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New gap denim Last post on 12/23/14 at 9:22pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1294post #19396 of 210415/16/13 at 8:13pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19397 of 210415/16/13 at 9:24pmpost #19398 of 210415/17/13 at 1:35ampost #19399 of 210415/17/13 at 11:45ampost #19400 of 210415/19/13 at 10:16pmQuote:
tellason ladbroke grove 14.75oz holds its color pretty well and has a taper. I'd also look into Japan Blue and Momotaro tapered.post #19401 of 210415/20/13 at 8:02pmpost #19402 of 210415/20/13 at 10:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by Kenneth Cole Haan
I went to a denim store and saw these. Are these worth the price?
$265 for Nudies, but they brag about the quality
nudies are always overpriced at full retail. for $265, you can get some nicer jeans with much more unique qualities. but if you like them, you like them!post #19403 of 210415/21/13 at 12:07amQuote:
I'd recommend Rogue Territory stantons unless you have super skinny legs and possibly the SK's
check out my review at sewnthroughaperture.compost #19404 of 210415/21/13 at 4:14ampost #19405 of 210415/21/13 at 8:35am
there are a ton of options. 3sixteen has jeans for $220 that use a heavier 14.5 custom made fabric from kuroki mills, heavy canvas pocket bags, leather patch from tanner goods. there's also Rogue territory who uses also 14.5 ounce fabric from Japanese and American mills for their jeans for around $220. I'd also look into Tellason which offers cone mills denim in different weights (12.5, 14.75, 16) and also have great details like reinforced back pockets, tanner goods leather patch, heavy canvas pocket bags, etc. I'm wearing a jean from Hartford Denim Company that is around $288 and uses 14.5 Nihon Menpu denim, 9oz cone mills pocket bags, copper rivets, double denim back pockets, and has a lifetime repair guarantee.
If you're willing to spend a little more, you can get some really amazing jeans from Strike Gold, 3sixteen+, Flat Head, etc. I'm sure the nudie jeans are fine and will fade well but with nudies, i always think you're paying significantly more for the logo and brand.post #19406 of 210415/21/13 at 11:53amStyling advise sought:
I've got a jacket like this click (cone mills raw denim) with quite light fading so far.
Now, I just bought a pair of jeans in a similar shade and can see my self wanting to wear both all the time.
how do I tone down the double denim look? What do I wear to not look too archaic?
Edit: photographic or clickable advise is very welcome.
Edited by dron - 5/21/13 at 12:10pmpost #19407 of 210415/21/13 at 4:02pmpost #19408 of 210415/21/13 at 4:28pm
+1 on the Rogue territory. I posted a review a few posts up on my blog. They also source from the Nihon menpu mills in japan if you get the 14.5 oz or 12.5 oz. I'd try on the SK's. There more skinny and should fit similar to the Grim tims or skinny guys, I think those are nudie's slimmer cuts. And you can easily find Nudies on sale in the 100's. Definitely not worth the 275 price tag.post #19409 of 210415/21/13 at 7:00pmQuote:
I have the Grim Tim dry selvage jeans, they are nice but overpriced at retail. I got mine for $89, and have seen them as low as $120 on ebay. For those prices, they are great.
Fit is super important, so if the GTs fit you well that's huge... but there's a lot of options and some websites have all the measurements so you might be able to find others that fit like GTs.
I also have a couple pairs of Levi's Made and Crafted Tack jeans, one raw undyed selvage, one waxed dark indigo... both fit really nice too, slightly more room than the GTs and they can be had for well under $100 if you look around. I paid $55 for my undyed selvage Tacks, which is a steal IMO.
I'm not a fan of N&F, fit is all f'ed up on me, I think they were made with a girl's pattern.post #19410 of 210415/22/13 at 4:43pm
- I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › !~! 7073347120 blAcK MaGiC SyMpToMs In Bangalore 27 seconds ago
- › !~! 7073347120 blAcK MaGiC SyMpToMs In AustRalia 37 seconds ago
- › !~! 7073347120 blAcK MaGiC SyMpToMs In cAnAdA 47 seconds ago
- › !~! 7073347120 blAcK MaGiC sPeCiAliST baba In New York Paris 1 minute ago
- › !~! 7073347120 blAcK MaGiC sPeCiAliST baba In New York Paris 2 minutes ago
- › !~! 7073347120 blAcK MaGiC sPeCiAliST baba In London 2 minutes ago
- › !~! 7073347120 blAcK MaGiC sPeCiAliST baba In New Zealand 2 minutes ago
- › !~! 7073347120 blAcK MaGiC sPeCiAliST baba In Malaysia 2 minutes ago
- › !~! 7073347120 blAcK MaGiC sPeCiAliST baba In Italy 3 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 3 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan