Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New gap denim Last post on 8/1/15 at 7:05pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1293post #19381 of 211235/16/13 at 8:15am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19382 of 211235/16/13 at 10:00ampost #19383 of 211235/16/13 at 11:19amI agree their stuff seems very expensive even allowing for made in USA. I called American Apparel and they have USA made jeans for $70. I'm going to check out the store in the next few days and see how they look.
BTW, IMO $320 for that shirt is insane. I may be missing something however.post #19384 of 211235/16/13 at 11:37amQuote:Originally Posted by Kenneth Cole Haan
I saw this on union made, and like it but it is expensive. Is this worth the price?
i tried it on and it's a pretty awesome shirt. the fabric is super soft and the indigo dye should age well. journal standard makes some great stuff with a close attention to detail but yes, it is expensive. I dont know if i'd ever compare what they do with American Apparel though. Not all american made things are high quality.
With Journal Standard and as with any Made in Japan product being sold in US, you do pay more for it. haha with all that said, i personally wouldnt/cant spend $320 for a shirt even if it was really amazing.post #19385 of 211235/16/13 at 12:15pmpost #19386 of 211235/16/13 at 3:17pmpost #19387 of 211235/16/13 at 4:11pmpost #19388 of 211235/16/13 at 4:26pmpost #19389 of 211235/16/13 at 5:01pmpost #19390 of 211235/16/13 at 5:04pmpost #19391 of 211235/16/13 at 5:27pmpost #19392 of 211235/16/13 at 5:37pmpost #19393 of 211235/16/13 at 5:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by lawyerdad
It's pretty hard to tell anything from that photo. Since you keep saying that they "apparently" don't fit properly, is the issue that someone else is telling you that they don't think they fit you right? Or is there something about the fit that's making you unhappy? Advice about alternatives is going to be pretty random without some information about how you would like the new pair to differ from your 511s.
Well, people been telling me that it does not fit me right without telling me a reason. Although, I do say that the jeans are a bit loose around the ankle/lower thigh area. So I guess having a tapered jeans would make my pants fit better for me.post #19394 of 211235/16/13 at 6:26pmpost #19395 of 211235/16/13 at 8:09pmQuote:
best way to see if you'll have a blow out is see hold up the pants in front of a light and see if you see any spots where a lot more light is coming through. if you do see some, then a blowout is coming.
- I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 37 seconds ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 3 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 6 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 12 minutes ago
- › Inverallan 16 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 16 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 23 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 25 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 28 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 30 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015