Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New gap denim Last post on 11/25/15 at 8:57pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and Trousers
Last edited: 11/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1283
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19232 of 212134/1/13 at 11:43pmWhere should I look for sales/used on these jeans?
Basically Strike Gold, Iron Heart, or Flat Head?post #19233 of 212134/1/13 at 11:54pmpost #19234 of 212134/2/13 at 5:58ampost #19235 of 212134/2/13 at 5:14pmpost #19236 of 212134/3/13 at 9:25ampost #19237 of 212134/4/13 at 1:51pmI've recently tried on a pair of Pike Brothers jeans and they really tickled an itch for new denim. They were just about perfect in all aspects, including especially the price, and I would have bought them if it were not for the fact that the smallest size was still about a size and a half too big. And sanforized, bummer.
So after a lot of online research, I think I know what I want.
indigo raw selvedge
at least 15oz, more is welcome.
29" waist post stretch
at leat 34" inseam
leg opening max 7"
I'm not a revivalist, but I like the more (quasi-)heritage oriented brands and looks rather than the more novelty fashion brands you see out there in the proper jeans world.
my budget is 170 pounds tops, but that also has to include shipping and taxes.
thoughts? Hints?post #19238 of 212134/4/13 at 7:18pmpost #19239 of 212134/5/13 at 1:55ampost #19240 of 212134/5/13 at 4:30am
I'm having a hard time finding a pair of slim jeans which actually fit my legs though the whole pant. Currently my best fitting jeans are my H&M drain which I sized up 2" in the waist, they fit really well except in the waist/hips/butt where they are too large. I also tried on a pair of Levi's 520s in a 31/34 which fit me really well, but they don't have a raw version and the calf could be an inch larger in circumference, but mostly the fact that there is no raw is keeping me from getting them. Also, I feel the 508s are just a bit too large in the calf.
My lower-body measurements are:
Waist (~4 inches below my bellybutton, where I like my pants to sit): 36"
Thigh (upper): 22"
Calf (high insertion): 14.5"
Inseam is usually 34"
The main problem is that if I'm sizing after my calves, the thigh is like spandex and if I size after my thigh there is way too much fabric around my calf. I'm aware that I can taper the calf in and I've done that to a couple of pairs, but I would like to see if there was actually a brand which fit me OTR.post #19241 of 212134/5/13 at 8:53amQuote:
Just got a pair of Levi's Made and Crafted Tack Selvage for $55 off ebay. I think the color is ecru... it's natural, unbleached denim. I love the fit on the Levi's Tack.
@prae, go through denim websites like Blue Owl or Self Edge w/measurements and figure it out...post #19242 of 212134/6/13 at 3:14pm
I just picked up a pair of Paulrose Heritage off eBay and the seller hot soaked them to shrink and the waist shrunk more than expected. Everything fits except the waist; I cannot get the last buttons up. If I could stretch them a half inch I could get them on to wear it in. Any suggestions or am I fucked?post #19243 of 212134/6/13 at 11:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ecco
I just picked up a pair of Paulrose Heritage off eBay and the seller hot soaked them to shrink and the waist shrunk more than expected. Everything fits except the waist; I cannot get the last buttons up. If I could stretch them a half inch I could get them on to wear it in. Any suggestions or am I fucked?
You could stretch the waist by hand. Tailors used to do it all the time.post #19244 of 212134/7/13 at 12:12ampost #19245 of 212134/7/13 at 12:25amQuote:
- I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › The Official BLUE BLUE JAPAN thread - all things indigo, many... 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 2 minutes ago
- › Momotaro 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › Henry Carter Neckwear & Accessories: Official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 11 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories