Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New gap denim Last post on 8/1/15 at 7:05pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1283
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19232 of 211234/1/13 at 11:43pmWhere should I look for sales/used on these jeans?
Basically Strike Gold, Iron Heart, or Flat Head?post #19233 of 211234/1/13 at 11:54pmpost #19234 of 211234/2/13 at 5:58ampost #19235 of 211234/2/13 at 5:14pmpost #19236 of 211234/3/13 at 9:25ampost #19237 of 211234/4/13 at 1:51pmI've recently tried on a pair of Pike Brothers jeans and they really tickled an itch for new denim. They were just about perfect in all aspects, including especially the price, and I would have bought them if it were not for the fact that the smallest size was still about a size and a half too big. And sanforized, bummer.
So after a lot of online research, I think I know what I want.
indigo raw selvedge
at least 15oz, more is welcome.
29" waist post stretch
at leat 34" inseam
leg opening max 7"
I'm not a revivalist, but I like the more (quasi-)heritage oriented brands and looks rather than the more novelty fashion brands you see out there in the proper jeans world.
my budget is 170 pounds tops, but that also has to include shipping and taxes.
thoughts? Hints?post #19238 of 211234/4/13 at 7:18pmpost #19239 of 211234/5/13 at 1:55ampost #19240 of 211234/5/13 at 4:30am
I'm having a hard time finding a pair of slim jeans which actually fit my legs though the whole pant. Currently my best fitting jeans are my H&M drain which I sized up 2" in the waist, they fit really well except in the waist/hips/butt where they are too large. I also tried on a pair of Levi's 520s in a 31/34 which fit me really well, but they don't have a raw version and the calf could be an inch larger in circumference, but mostly the fact that there is no raw is keeping me from getting them. Also, I feel the 508s are just a bit too large in the calf.
My lower-body measurements are:
Waist (~4 inches below my bellybutton, where I like my pants to sit): 36"
Thigh (upper): 22"
Calf (high insertion): 14.5"
Inseam is usually 34"
The main problem is that if I'm sizing after my calves, the thigh is like spandex and if I size after my thigh there is way too much fabric around my calf. I'm aware that I can taper the calf in and I've done that to a couple of pairs, but I would like to see if there was actually a brand which fit me OTR.post #19241 of 211234/5/13 at 8:53amQuote:
Just got a pair of Levi's Made and Crafted Tack Selvage for $55 off ebay. I think the color is ecru... it's natural, unbleached denim. I love the fit on the Levi's Tack.
@prae, go through denim websites like Blue Owl or Self Edge w/measurements and figure it out...post #19242 of 211234/6/13 at 3:14pm
I just picked up a pair of Paulrose Heritage off eBay and the seller hot soaked them to shrink and the waist shrunk more than expected. Everything fits except the waist; I cannot get the last buttons up. If I could stretch them a half inch I could get them on to wear it in. Any suggestions or am I fucked?post #19243 of 211234/6/13 at 11:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ecco
I just picked up a pair of Paulrose Heritage off eBay and the seller hot soaked them to shrink and the waist shrunk more than expected. Everything fits except the waist; I cannot get the last buttons up. If I could stretch them a half inch I could get them on to wear it in. Any suggestions or am I fucked?
You could stretch the waist by hand. Tailors used to do it all the time.post #19244 of 211234/7/13 at 12:12ampost #19245 of 211234/7/13 at 12:25amQuote:
- I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 25 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 27 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 29 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 38 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 39 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 40 minutes ago
- › Panta: a first peek at a new high quality pants line 43 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 45 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015