Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New gap denim Last post on 11/25/15 at 8:57pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Last edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1283
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19232 of 213104/1/13 at 11:43pmWhere should I look for sales/used on these jeans?
Basically Strike Gold, Iron Heart, or Flat Head?post #19233 of 213104/1/13 at 11:54pmpost #19234 of 213104/2/13 at 5:58ampost #19235 of 213104/2/13 at 5:14pmpost #19236 of 213104/3/13 at 9:25ampost #19237 of 213104/4/13 at 1:51pmI've recently tried on a pair of Pike Brothers jeans and they really tickled an itch for new denim. They were just about perfect in all aspects, including especially the price, and I would have bought them if it were not for the fact that the smallest size was still about a size and a half too big. And sanforized, bummer.
So after a lot of online research, I think I know what I want.
indigo raw selvedge
at least 15oz, more is welcome.
29" waist post stretch
at leat 34" inseam
leg opening max 7"
I'm not a revivalist, but I like the more (quasi-)heritage oriented brands and looks rather than the more novelty fashion brands you see out there in the proper jeans world.
my budget is 170 pounds tops, but that also has to include shipping and taxes.
thoughts? Hints?post #19238 of 213104/4/13 at 7:18pmpost #19239 of 213104/5/13 at 1:55ampost #19240 of 213104/5/13 at 4:30am
I'm having a hard time finding a pair of slim jeans which actually fit my legs though the whole pant. Currently my best fitting jeans are my H&M drain which I sized up 2" in the waist, they fit really well except in the waist/hips/butt where they are too large. I also tried on a pair of Levi's 520s in a 31/34 which fit me really well, but they don't have a raw version and the calf could be an inch larger in circumference, but mostly the fact that there is no raw is keeping me from getting them. Also, I feel the 508s are just a bit too large in the calf.
My lower-body measurements are:
Waist (~4 inches below my bellybutton, where I like my pants to sit): 36"
Thigh (upper): 22"
Calf (high insertion): 14.5"
Inseam is usually 34"
The main problem is that if I'm sizing after my calves, the thigh is like spandex and if I size after my thigh there is way too much fabric around my calf. I'm aware that I can taper the calf in and I've done that to a couple of pairs, but I would like to see if there was actually a brand which fit me OTR.post #19241 of 213104/5/13 at 8:53amQuote:
Just got a pair of Levi's Made and Crafted Tack Selvage for $55 off ebay. I think the color is ecru... it's natural, unbleached denim. I love the fit on the Levi's Tack.
@prae, go through denim websites like Blue Owl or Self Edge w/measurements and figure it out...post #19242 of 213104/6/13 at 3:14pm
I just picked up a pair of Paulrose Heritage off eBay and the seller hot soaked them to shrink and the waist shrunk more than expected. Everything fits except the waist; I cannot get the last buttons up. If I could stretch them a half inch I could get them on to wear it in. Any suggestions or am I fucked?post #19243 of 213104/6/13 at 11:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ecco
I just picked up a pair of Paulrose Heritage off eBay and the seller hot soaked them to shrink and the waist shrunk more than expected. Everything fits except the waist; I cannot get the last buttons up. If I could stretch them a half inch I could get them on to wear it in. Any suggestions or am I fucked?
You could stretch the waist by hand. Tailors used to do it all the time.post #19244 of 213104/7/13 at 12:12ampost #19245 of 213104/7/13 at 12:25amQuote:
- I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 10 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 2 minutes ago
- › 10SEI0OTTO Reverse camel backzips 2 minutes ago
- › Crockett and Jones for Brooks Brothers Cordovan Boots and Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › NIB 10D O'Keefe rustic leather wingtip brogues from Mr Porter 6 minutes ago
- › MAISON MARGIELA X H&M Inverted lapel camel coat size 48 6 minutes ago
- › Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking... 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...