What exactly is "right" when it comes to denim?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New gap denim Last post on 11/25/15 at 8:57pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Last edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1282post #19216 of 213103/24/13 at 9:31am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19217 of 213103/24/13 at 8:25pmI'm looking for a jean similar in cut to the 3sixteen SL-1XX model (slim, very very mild taper), but in a lighter weight denim that is better suited to hot spring/summer weather. To the best of my knowledge, 3sixteen doesn't go lighter than 14.5oz. I know other makers occasionally do, but which ones have a similar cut? The cut is crucial for me, as I am a damned hard fit when it comes to raws.
(A slightly higher rise than the SL would be acceptable, maybe even preferable.)post #19218 of 213103/24/13 at 10:18pmGeneral question for raw denim wearers:
How big do your actual thighs measure in circumference, and then what does your current denim's thigh measure? And would you say your denim is very tight on you, snug, or relaxed? I have 20" thighs and my denim measures 10.5" but it's still very tight and looks bad. Do most size up one full inch from their actual thighs? What is your thigh to denim thigh measurements and how do you feel about your fit?post #19219 of 213103/25/13 at 9:04amQuote:
The dopest black denim I have seen is Kuro Denim (Japanese selvedge). Black is their signature color, btw. They have each model in several black varieties.post #19220 of 213103/25/13 at 9:21am
I have a 33" waist, 21.5" thighs and 15.5" calves... 12" thighs are about perfect for me, 11.5 is getting a little tight when sitting down but it works. I have some Nudie Slim Jims with stretch denim that are just over 11" and that wouldn't work w/o the stretch. With 20" thighs I'd guess you'd be more comfortable with a 11" thigh vs 10.5"...post #19221 of 213103/25/13 at 12:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by K2793
General question for raw denim wearers:
How big do your actual thighs measure in circumference, and then what does your current denim's thigh measure? And would you say your denim is very tight on you, snug, or relaxed? I have 20" thighs and my denim measures 10.5" but it's still very tight and looks bad. Do most size up one full inch from their actual thighs? What is your thigh to denim thigh measurements and how do you feel about your fit?
That pair should only be snug and not tight. Perhaps it's the cut ... i.e., too much taper from the upper thigh to the knee will be more constricting than a full straight cut.post #19222 of 213103/25/13 at 3:53pmpost #19223 of 213103/26/13 at 7:10amI am a complete beginner and have a question: I have a pair of sanforized jeans, but they still bleed onto my hand and onto surfaces a lot. I know this is how raw denim is, but questions are: how can I shake loose some of the extra dye? If I soak them inside out for a few minutes will that work? How should I try them to prevent it from looking marbled? thanks for your help ( I know Im useless)post #19224 of 213103/26/13 at 8:14amQuote:Originally Posted by NotoriousMarquis
I am a complete beginner and have a question: I have a pair of sanforized jeans, but they still bleed onto my hand and onto surfaces a lot. I know this is how raw denim is, but questions are: how can I shake loose some of the extra dye? If I soak them inside out for a few minutes will that work? How should I try them to prevent it from looking marbled? thanks for your help ( I know Im useless)
yeah if you soak them, you'll be able to get some of the excess indigo out. but in the end, regardless of how long you've worn them, it'll always bleed to a certain extent, some more than others.post #19225 of 213103/26/13 at 12:38pmpost #19226 of 213103/26/13 at 12:46pmQuote:
Take a look at Imperial Shearers. Not quite as tapered, but they're a great, slim, higher rise jean.post #19227 of 213103/27/13 at 7:52pm
I just got my pair of LVC 1960s 605 (Bison) in the mail. I think they are a little too tight & I'm considering returning them. Was wondering if I could get some of your expert opinions:
This is the fit pre-wash and it's already a little tight, at least in the thigh... Most of the shrinkage is in inseam, right? But I'm sure there will be some overall shrinkage. Sorry for the stupid questions, but I'm having a tough time with this.
Edited by The Rural Juror - 3/27/13 at 8:06pmpost #19228 of 213103/27/13 at 7:58pmpost #19229 of 213103/27/13 at 7:59pm
- I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 46 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 5 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Neckties: A Discussion Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 14 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 21 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...