What exactly is "right" when it comes to denim?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New gap denim Last post on 12/23/14 at 9:22pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1282post #19216 of 211183/24/13 at 9:31am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19217 of 211183/24/13 at 8:25pmI'm looking for a jean similar in cut to the 3sixteen SL-1XX model (slim, very very mild taper), but in a lighter weight denim that is better suited to hot spring/summer weather. To the best of my knowledge, 3sixteen doesn't go lighter than 14.5oz. I know other makers occasionally do, but which ones have a similar cut? The cut is crucial for me, as I am a damned hard fit when it comes to raws.
(A slightly higher rise than the SL would be acceptable, maybe even preferable.)post #19218 of 211183/24/13 at 10:18pmGeneral question for raw denim wearers:
How big do your actual thighs measure in circumference, and then what does your current denim's thigh measure? And would you say your denim is very tight on you, snug, or relaxed? I have 20" thighs and my denim measures 10.5" but it's still very tight and looks bad. Do most size up one full inch from their actual thighs? What is your thigh to denim thigh measurements and how do you feel about your fit?post #19219 of 211183/25/13 at 9:04amQuote:
The dopest black denim I have seen is Kuro Denim (Japanese selvedge). Black is their signature color, btw. They have each model in several black varieties.post #19220 of 211183/25/13 at 9:21am
I have a 33" waist, 21.5" thighs and 15.5" calves... 12" thighs are about perfect for me, 11.5 is getting a little tight when sitting down but it works. I have some Nudie Slim Jims with stretch denim that are just over 11" and that wouldn't work w/o the stretch. With 20" thighs I'd guess you'd be more comfortable with a 11" thigh vs 10.5"...post #19221 of 211183/25/13 at 12:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by K2793
General question for raw denim wearers:
How big do your actual thighs measure in circumference, and then what does your current denim's thigh measure? And would you say your denim is very tight on you, snug, or relaxed? I have 20" thighs and my denim measures 10.5" but it's still very tight and looks bad. Do most size up one full inch from their actual thighs? What is your thigh to denim thigh measurements and how do you feel about your fit?
That pair should only be snug and not tight. Perhaps it's the cut ... i.e., too much taper from the upper thigh to the knee will be more constricting than a full straight cut.post #19222 of 211183/25/13 at 3:53pmpost #19223 of 211183/26/13 at 7:10amI am a complete beginner and have a question: I have a pair of sanforized jeans, but they still bleed onto my hand and onto surfaces a lot. I know this is how raw denim is, but questions are: how can I shake loose some of the extra dye? If I soak them inside out for a few minutes will that work? How should I try them to prevent it from looking marbled? thanks for your help ( I know Im useless)post #19224 of 211183/26/13 at 8:14amQuote:Originally Posted by NotoriousMarquis
I am a complete beginner and have a question: I have a pair of sanforized jeans, but they still bleed onto my hand and onto surfaces a lot. I know this is how raw denim is, but questions are: how can I shake loose some of the extra dye? If I soak them inside out for a few minutes will that work? How should I try them to prevent it from looking marbled? thanks for your help ( I know Im useless)
yeah if you soak them, you'll be able to get some of the excess indigo out. but in the end, regardless of how long you've worn them, it'll always bleed to a certain extent, some more than others.post #19225 of 211183/26/13 at 12:38pmpost #19226 of 211183/26/13 at 12:46pmQuote:
Take a look at Imperial Shearers. Not quite as tapered, but they're a great, slim, higher rise jean.post #19227 of 211183/27/13 at 7:52pm
I just got my pair of LVC 1960s 605 (Bison) in the mail. I think they are a little too tight & I'm considering returning them. Was wondering if I could get some of your expert opinions:
This is the fit pre-wash and it's already a little tight, at least in the thigh... Most of the shrinkage is in inseam, right? But I'm sure there will be some overall shrinkage. Sorry for the stupid questions, but I'm having a tough time with this.
Edited by The Rural Juror - 3/27/13 at 8:06pmpost #19228 of 211183/27/13 at 7:58pmpost #19229 of 211183/27/13 at 7:59pm
- I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › Do you wear shorts? 1 minute ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Good tailor in Vancouver? 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 6 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 6 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...