or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1273

post #19081 of 20611

What is the best brand name of jeans?

post #19082 of 20611
Since my Iron Heart 634s are wearing out I need a denim recommendation.

I'd like:
-Dark indigo blue wash
-'regular' fit like APC NS (but a higher rise would be a plus)
-Slight taper below the knee
-Non raw. Don't want indigo bleed.
-Don't care about selvedge.

Any suggestions?
post #19083 of 20611
That line is infamous for any jean regardless of ironing. Most of my jeans develop that line after a soak or wash. I hang dry mine now and stuff the leg to keep the leg from flattening out
post #19084 of 20611
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketawa View Post

Does it look like I might have a crotch blowout soon?
Not yet, but the fabric gets thinner where there's stress. No point in reinforcing them yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrifter View Post

Since my Iron Heart 634s are wearing out I need a denim recommendation.

I'd like:
-Dark indigo blue wash
-'regular' fit like APC NS (but a higher rise would be a plus)
-Slight taper below the knee
-Non raw. Don't want indigo bleed.
-Don't care about selvedge.

Any suggestions?
You're describing jeans that you can find walking into any mens' department. What's there to recommend?
Quote:
Originally Posted by takashi78 View Post

Am i screwed?
You can try ironing them back out. Otherwise, enjoy your pleated jeans.
post #19085 of 20611
Where can I find imperial denim besides selfedge?
post #19086 of 20611

So, my APC NC jeans in size 28 fit me like this:

 

 

They are too tight in the thighs and the calves, and getting tighter as I my legs get bigger (from lifting).  Would a pair of NS jeans in 29 do the trick?

post #19087 of 20611
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDHagg View Post

So, my APC NC jeans in size 28 fit me like this:

They are too tight in the thighs and the calves, and getting tighter as I my legs get bigger (from lifting).  Would a pair of NS jeans in 29 do the trick?

Those look fine, why do you want to size up in the waist because the calves and thighs are too tight?
post #19088 of 20611
Quote:
Originally Posted by insomb View Post


Those look fine, why do you want to size up in the waist because the calves and thighs are too tight?

 


The waist could be a little bigger too.  These jeans are just too constricting - feels bad and looks bad.  I could size up one without having them fall down, but that probably wouldn't make the thighs bigger enough - which is why I'm asking for suggestions for a better model/brand.

post #19089 of 20611
a true waist of 34" is what size in Levi's? 32W?
post #19090 of 20611
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDHagg View Post



The waist could be a little bigger too.  These jeans are just too constricting - feels bad and looks bad.  I could size up one without having them fall down, but that probably wouldn't make the thighs bigger enough - which is why I'm asking for suggestions for a better model/brand.
There are loads of alternatives depending on your budget. No sense in square pegging the round hole.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post

a true waist of 34" is what size in Levi's? 32W?
Model? Raw/washed? Practically impossible to guess without more specific information.
post #19091 of 20611
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post

Model? Raw/washed? Practically impossible to guess without more specific information.

511
post #19092 of 20611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrifter View Post

Since my Iron Heart 634s are wearing out I need a denim recommendation.

I'd like:
-Dark indigo blue wash
-'regular' fit like APC NS (but a higher rise would be a plus)
-Slight taper below the knee
-Non raw. Don't want indigo bleed.
-Don't care about selvedge.

Any suggestions?

Bonobos flatiron wash straight slim. A bit overpriced (especially the non-selvedge) but they are very dark, non-raw, and the fit is nice - roomier than 511s for sure, and out of skinny territory, but seem to have more of a taper than Levis 514. The quality of the denim is good and they have served me very well. If you wait for a sale or credit like I did it can be worth it.
post #19093 of 20611

Can anyone recommend jeans with a fit similar to Levis 510s (skinny and tapered) that come in odd sizes? Especially if they come in washed black.

post #19094 of 20611

What do you guys think of black jeans with white wefts?

I have a pair from N&F and I've never wore it. 

 

It's kind of like a weird charcoal tint. I don't know what to do with it.

post #19095 of 20611
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsjeans View Post

What is the best brand name of jeans?

Levis Vintage Clothing, without doubt. But they are pricey. Heritage, prestige, tradition, but also quality.

Unfotunately there is not a good online shop... LVC "must" promote a good e-commerce. Why LVC site doesn't sell on line?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.