Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New gap denim Last post on 12/23/14 at 9:22pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1268
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19007 of 211181/20/13 at 6:30pmpost #19008 of 211181/20/13 at 6:56pmHas anybody had a pair of the Wrangler Slim Fit Rigid Cowboy Cut jeans? I'm needing some decently slim but not "skinny" jeans that can take some wear at work. The knees on average Levis get ate up within weeks. Wranglers are thicker denim and half the price, but I still want to look decent.
Other suggestions on durable slim fit jeans under about 50 bucks are welcome.post #19009 of 211181/20/13 at 7:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by bruiser93
Has anybody had a pair of the Wrangler Slim Fit Rigid Cowboy Cut jeans? I'm needing some decently slim but not "skinny" jeans that can take some wear at work. The knees on average Levis get ate up within weeks. Wranglers are thicker denim and half the price, but I still want to look decent.
Other suggestions on durable slim fit jeans under about 50 bucks are welcome.
Just thrift up a pair of 32 oz jeans. Those babies will take anything you can throw at it.post #19010 of 211181/21/13 at 3:28amQuote:
Only problem is that they cost around $500 :P.
Mister bruiser93. There is no such thing as durable denim for under $50. Maybe there is, but then you have to take a trip to the mall and try 50 pairs to (maybe) find one.
I think you have 2 options:
1. Step into raw denim. You'll get a pair of durable and tough denim jeans. The cheapest one around is for $78 called 'unbranded' denim.
2. Buy 5 pairs of shit-jeans for $10 and you'll have something durable for $50. Together they will definitely last for 2 years if you tear em down one by one.post #19011 of 211181/21/13 at 8:49ampost #19012 of 211181/21/13 at 8:49ampost #19013 of 211181/21/13 at 10:58amQuote:
Not really what you're looking for..but when it gets cold I just throw on long johns. I figure that's more comfortable and warmer than trying to bump up to a heavier weight denim. You could go iron heart if you're looking for something like 25 oz, but I don't know how much of an increase in warmth that correlates to. Hence why I just go long johns.post #19014 of 211181/21/13 at 2:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dapp
Not really what you're looking for..but when it gets cold I just throw on long johns. I figure that's more comfortable and warmer than trying to bump up to a heavier weight denim. You could go iron heart if you're looking for something like 25 oz, but I don't know how much of an increase in warmth that correlates to. Hence why I just go long johns.
I know it's silly, but I feel awkward wearing long johns in the South of England. The last time I wore them was when I was in Oslo in January. I have moleskin and cord 'jeans' that are warmer, but I like the idea of heavy denim. I guess I'll have to experiment. Any other feedback would be very welcome.post #19015 of 211181/21/13 at 2:43pmNaked & Famous makes "blanket" jeans that have two warps and two wefts so you get two layers of fabric and consequently extra (near-total) wind resistance without "heavier fabric" though having two layers mashed together is just doubling the weight of the fabric for most intents and purposes.
They also have "snowpant" denim that's lined with some kind of fuzzy fleece, but they have velcro ankle closers to accommodate ski boots (?) which I found off-putting, though it might be a bonus to someone else.
I couldn't tell you about availability, but google should turn up the answer pretty quickly, SF affiliate Tate & Yoko is a N&F vendor who might be able to help out, otherwise pairs show up on eBay.
If you have money to burn, Iron Heart makes super-heavy jeans lined in thick flannel and coated with paraffin for water resistance:
IH X634sX Flannel Lined Water-Resistent Jeans @ selfedge.compost #19016 of 211181/22/13 at 4:40ampost #19017 of 211181/22/13 at 12:57pmpost #19018 of 211181/22/13 at 12:58pmpost #19019 of 211181/22/13 at 1:42pmBeen looking at some pictures of A.P.C fades and some look completely different from the originals after 2 years with 2 washes.
My question is are these people doing anything special to the denim? or is it completely natural to have these kind of fades?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #19020 of 211181/22/13 at 1:47pm
- I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 seconds ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Harris Tweed Pocket Squares Something New ? 3 minutes ago
- › plain biscuits suck. 5 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 8 minutes ago
- › Opinion on athletic style quarter zip tops 11 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...