Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New gap denim Last post on 11/25/15 at 8:57pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Last edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1268post #19007 of 213621/20/13 at 6:30pmpost #19008 of 213621/20/13 at 6:56pmHas anybody had a pair of the Wrangler Slim Fit Rigid Cowboy Cut jeans? I'm needing some decently slim but not "skinny" jeans that can take some wear at work. The knees on average Levis get ate up within weeks. Wranglers are thicker denim and half the price, but I still want to look decent.
Other suggestions on durable slim fit jeans under about 50 bucks are welcome.post #19009 of 213621/20/13 at 7:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by bruiser93
Has anybody had a pair of the Wrangler Slim Fit Rigid Cowboy Cut jeans? I'm needing some decently slim but not "skinny" jeans that can take some wear at work. The knees on average Levis get ate up within weeks. Wranglers are thicker denim and half the price, but I still want to look decent.
Other suggestions on durable slim fit jeans under about 50 bucks are welcome.
Just thrift up a pair of 32 oz jeans. Those babies will take anything you can throw at it.post #19010 of 213621/21/13 at 3:28amQuote:
Only problem is that they cost around $500 :P.
Mister bruiser93. There is no such thing as durable denim for under $50. Maybe there is, but then you have to take a trip to the mall and try 50 pairs to (maybe) find one.
I think you have 2 options:
1. Step into raw denim. You'll get a pair of durable and tough denim jeans. The cheapest one around is for $78 called 'unbranded' denim.
2. Buy 5 pairs of shit-jeans for $10 and you'll have something durable for $50. Together they will definitely last for 2 years if you tear em down one by one.post #19011 of 213621/21/13 at 8:49ampost #19012 of 213621/21/13 at 8:49ampost #19013 of 213621/21/13 at 10:58amQuote:
Not really what you're looking for..but when it gets cold I just throw on long johns. I figure that's more comfortable and warmer than trying to bump up to a heavier weight denim. You could go iron heart if you're looking for something like 25 oz, but I don't know how much of an increase in warmth that correlates to. Hence why I just go long johns.post #19014 of 213621/21/13 at 2:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dapp
Not really what you're looking for..but when it gets cold I just throw on long johns. I figure that's more comfortable and warmer than trying to bump up to a heavier weight denim. You could go iron heart if you're looking for something like 25 oz, but I don't know how much of an increase in warmth that correlates to. Hence why I just go long johns.
I know it's silly, but I feel awkward wearing long johns in the South of England. The last time I wore them was when I was in Oslo in January. I have moleskin and cord 'jeans' that are warmer, but I like the idea of heavy denim. I guess I'll have to experiment. Any other feedback would be very welcome.post #19015 of 213621/21/13 at 2:43pmNaked & Famous makes "blanket" jeans that have two warps and two wefts so you get two layers of fabric and consequently extra (near-total) wind resistance without "heavier fabric" though having two layers mashed together is just doubling the weight of the fabric for most intents and purposes.
They also have "snowpant" denim that's lined with some kind of fuzzy fleece, but they have velcro ankle closers to accommodate ski boots (?) which I found off-putting, though it might be a bonus to someone else.
I couldn't tell you about availability, but google should turn up the answer pretty quickly, SF affiliate Tate & Yoko is a N&F vendor who might be able to help out, otherwise pairs show up on eBay.
If you have money to burn, Iron Heart makes super-heavy jeans lined in thick flannel and coated with paraffin for water resistance:
IH X634sX Flannel Lined Water-Resistent Jeans @ selfedge.compost #19016 of 213621/22/13 at 4:40ampost #19017 of 213621/22/13 at 12:57pmpost #19018 of 213621/22/13 at 12:58pmpost #19019 of 213621/22/13 at 1:42pmBeen looking at some pictures of A.P.C fades and some look completely different from the originals after 2 years with 2 washes.
My question is are these people doing anything special to the denim? or is it completely natural to have these kind of fades?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #19020 of 213621/22/13 at 1:47pm
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...
- › tailors in seoul korea? 18 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 22 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 24 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 27 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 33 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 34 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 36 minutes ago
- › NIB Shoes from Gaziano & Girling, RLPL x Edward Green & G&G and... 54 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 56 minutes ago
- › The Official Bontoni Appreciation Thread 1 hour ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts