or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1268

post #19006 of 20888
Quote:
Originally Posted by FG31 View Post

Does anyone know if LVC or M&C make raw denim 508's and where I could get them? Not a big fan of Levi's, but it's the only cut of jeans my dad likes, and I wanted to buy him a pair of raw's.

anyone??

post #19007 of 20888
Does anyone know how much the Sugar Cane Recycled shrink after a soak? I'm a 30 waist, should I be sizing up?
post #19008 of 20888
Has anybody had a pair of the Wrangler Slim Fit Rigid Cowboy Cut jeans? I'm needing some decently slim but not "skinny" jeans that can take some wear at work. The knees on average Levis get ate up within weeks. Wranglers are thicker denim and half the price, but I still want to look decent.

Other suggestions on durable slim fit jeans under about 50 bucks are welcome.
post #19009 of 20888
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruiser93 View Post

Has anybody had a pair of the Wrangler Slim Fit Rigid Cowboy Cut jeans? I'm needing some decently slim but not "skinny" jeans that can take some wear at work. The knees on average Levis get ate up within weeks. Wranglers are thicker denim and half the price, but I still want to look decent.

Other suggestions on durable slim fit jeans under about 50 bucks are welcome.


Just thrift up a pair of 32 oz jeans. Those babies will take anything you can throw at it.

post #19010 of 20888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorbiant View Post


Just thrift up a pair of 32 oz jeans. Those babies will take anything you can throw at it.

Only problem is that they cost around $500 :P.

 

Mister bruiser93. There is no such thing as durable denim for under $50. Maybe there is, but then you have to take a trip to the mall and try 50 pairs to (maybe) find one.

I think you have 2 options:

1. Step into raw denim. You'll get a pair of durable and tough denim jeans. The cheapest one around is for $78 called 'unbranded' denim.

2. Buy 5 pairs of shit-jeans for $10 and you'll have something durable for $50. Together they will definitely last for 2 years if you tear em down one by one.

post #19011 of 20888
What denim should I get for cold weather? My heaviest jeans are RRLs. Should I go for Ironheart? Which fit of theirs is closest to a slim 501? Alternative makers?

Cheers.
post #19012 of 20888
define "cold weather."
post #19013 of 20888
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicaldog View Post

What denim should I get for cold weather? My heaviest jeans are RRLs. Should I go for Ironheart? Which fit of theirs is closest to a slim 501? Alternative makers?

Cheers.

Not really what you're looking for..but when it gets cold I just throw on long johns. I figure that's more comfortable and warmer than trying to bump up to a heavier weight denim. You could go iron heart if you're looking for something like 25 oz, but I don't know how much of an increase in warmth that correlates to. Hence why I just go long johns.

post #19014 of 20888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapp View Post

Not really what you're looking for..but when it gets cold I just throw on long johns. I figure that's more comfortable and warmer than trying to bump up to a heavier weight denim. You could go iron heart if you're looking for something like 25 oz, but I don't know how much of an increase in warmth that correlates to. Hence why I just go long johns.

I know it's silly, but I feel awkward wearing long johns in the South of England. The last time I wore them was when I was in Oslo in January. I have moleskin and cord 'jeans' that are warmer, but I like the idea of heavy denim. I guess I'll have to experiment. Any other feedback would be very welcome.
post #19015 of 20888
Naked & Famous makes "blanket" jeans that have two warps and two wefts so you get two layers of fabric and consequently extra (near-total) wind resistance without "heavier fabric" though having two layers mashed together is just doubling the weight of the fabric for most intents and purposes.

They also have "snowpant" denim that's lined with some kind of fuzzy fleece, but they have velcro ankle closers to accommodate ski boots (?) which I found off-putting, though it might be a bonus to someone else.

I couldn't tell you about availability, but google should turn up the answer pretty quickly, SF affiliate Tate & Yoko is a N&F vendor who might be able to help out, otherwise pairs show up on eBay.

If you have money to burn, Iron Heart makes super-heavy jeans lined in thick flannel and coated with paraffin for water resistance:
IH X634sX Flannel Lined Water-Resistent Jeans @ selfedge.com
post #19016 of 20888
Got a new pair of FH1001's... Initial soak didn't get the shrink/starch loss that I wanted... This is probably a bit OCD, but a second soak (I haven't worn them yet) in hotter water should be okay, right?
post #19017 of 20888

^yes... agitate the jeans as well during the hotter soak

post #19018 of 20888

radical - take a look at Iron Heart - the heavier denim is warmer than lighter denim... and they also make fleece lined jeans for extreme cold.  They overbuild everything they make to top quality so you can't go wrong with any of their items other than sizing.

post #19019 of 20888
Been looking at some pictures of A.P.C fades and some look completely different from the originals after 2 years with 2 washes.

My question is are these people doing anything special to the denim? or is it completely natural to have these kind of fades?

Pics;
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #19020 of 20888
Do you sit at a desk job everyday? Do you garden in them? Do you skateboard/bike/whatever in them? How often do you wear them? How tight did you size them? These types of things will affect how your jeans fade...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.