or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1267

post #18991 of 20845

Gets all the starch out. Have read its better for the denim, but no real science to back up that claim.  But why not just warm/hot wash to bring any stretching back in?

post #18992 of 20845
Thoughts on these:



http://www.couvertureandthegarbstore.com/Product/?p=5686&i=6363

Anyone got experience with Garbstore x Indigo Farm collab raw denim? How's sizing/fit/fades? Thanks!
post #18993 of 20845
What jeans should I be looking at to replace my 19cm and APC NC?

Both are torn to hell in the rear pockets and starting to rip in the crotch, figured I'd replace them instead of paying for repairs again.

I really LOVE the fit of my 19cm (especially the 37" inseam and slimness without being skinny), and the APC NC are alright, but slightly looser than I'd like in the thigh and not that long (I think 32-32" inseam on my size 25 (I'm an actual 28" waist)).

I'd definitely like raw, not sure if I want to go black or indigo this time though. (My 19cm are black, never really faded. My NC are indigo, faded decently.) Preferably under $300 though, ruling out another pair of 19cm
post #18994 of 20845
Quote:
Originally Posted by catlettsl View Post

Can someone recommend a pair of jeans. Looking for similar cut to Nudie Average Joe. Slim jims fit good also. Only issue is I already have 5-6 pr of nudies and want something different just the same cut. Considering Apc NS but not sure if that will work with sneakers (not tennis shoes). Naked and famous weird guy dont work for me. Im 6'2 220lbs athletic build. Levis 514 are ok but not crazy about Levis.

Thanks

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone????
post #18995 of 20845
Quote:
Originally Posted by catlettsl View Post


Anyone????

Considering your athletic build, have you looked into the good 'ol classic Levi's 501? I'm very fond of the cut personally. I find it neither too straight or too slim. Just right.

If you can find a pair of LVC 501s, that's a classic pair right there.

post #18996 of 20845
I just got a pair of the 21-oz Unbranded jeans and managed to loosen up one of the doughnut buttons on the fly getting them on for the first time. The button hasn't come off yet, and I've worn the jeans, but it is just a matter of time before the buttons pops off. I'm going to be sending some jeans to Blue Owl for hemming; should I just include the Unbranded jeans along and get them to add a new button - or is there a better way?
post #18997 of 20845

If I don't own a bathtub, how would I still shrink my unsanforized denim?

post #18998 of 20845

Does anyone know if LVC or M&C make raw denim 508's and where I could get them? Not a big fan of Levi's, but it's the only cut of jeans my dad likes, and I wanted to buy him a pair of raw's.

post #18999 of 20845
Quote:
Originally Posted by peawad View Post

If I don't own a bathtub, how would I still shrink my unsanforized denim?


http://www.rawrdenim.com/2012/10/three-more-ways-to-wash-or-soak-your-raw-denim/

post #19000 of 20845
Quote:
Originally Posted by peawad View Post

If I don't own a bathtub, how would I still shrink my unsanforized denim?

For real? Use some common sense.
post #19001 of 20845
^sometimes our infatuation with jawnz clouds our ability to think rationally. we were all beginners once.

To OP: use a pot tho
post #19002 of 20845
quick question, I have lots of experience with mid-weight raw denim (mostly 13.5 - 14.5 oz) but was thinking of trying out some heavy weight denim. What's the break in process like (in terms of length of wear, comfort) when going to 18oz + ?

For those who have heavy weight denim, would you recommend going with a 17-20oz or really going heavy and trying something over, let's say, 22oz?

thanks!
post #19003 of 20845

Comfort and break-in wise, a lot is going to depend on the cut and the tightness of the weave.  Any of the heavy denims will eventually be very comfortable though assuming correct sizing.

 

I have jeans that came 19oz unsanforized (Iron Heart x SE INDO colab) with a little more of a relaxed cut that got comfortable much faster than 17oz Strike Gold 2105's (presoak as well) that were a tighter cut and tighter weave.  But after some wear the Strike Golds really conformed and got probably more comfortable than the heavier pair.   

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdecker1 View Post

quick question, I have lots of experience with mid-weight raw denim (mostly 13.5 - 14.5 oz) but was thinking of trying out some heavy weight denim. What's the break in process like (in terms of length of wear, comfort) when going to 18oz + ?

For those who have heavy weight denim, would you recommend going with a 17-20oz or really going heavy and trying something over, let's say, 22oz?

thanks!
post #19004 of 20845
Agreed^^^^. I own the ih xhs 25ozers which were just plain ridiculous to wear and look good in. Personally I prefer 15 to 18 oz because it's both rigid and wearable without looking like ur wearing a card board cut out pair of jeans. I do own some 21 oz from Ih and unbranded which are both totally different. The Iron hearts are strangely soft and fluid for heavy denim and the unbranded's are stiff and rigid. Like tigerpac said it's all up to the denim used.





I have a question myself...I'm looking for a pair of jeans that have a slim hem under 7.5 that aren't necessarily skinny fit. Obviously I know with a hem like that they are gonna be a slimmer fit. I just don't want painted on jeans. I am trying for a look where I can wear a pair of brogue shoes with my hem not smothering them. I'd like to be able to cuff em once so that they seam a bit short. Hope I gave a good enough explanation as to what I am lookin for.

Oh and I'm a 33 to 34 waist in most jeans which means a hem that always ends up to over 7.5
post #19005 of 20845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Denim View Post

Agreed^^^^. I own the ih xhs 25ozers which were just plain ridiculous to wear and look good in. Personally I prefer 15 to 18 oz because it's both rigid and wearable without looking like ur wearing a card board cut out pair of jeans. I do own some 21 oz from Ih and unbranded which are both totally different. The Iron hearts are strangely soft and fluid for heavy denim and the unbranded's are stiff and rigid. Like tigerpac said it's all up to the denim used.





I have a question myself...I'm looking for a pair of jeans that have a slim hem under 7.5 that aren't necessarily skinny fit. Obviously I know with a hem like that they are gonna be a slimmer fit. I just don't want painted on jeans. I am trying for a look where I can wear a pair of brogue shoes with my hem not smothering them. I'd like to be able to cuff em once so that they seam a bit short. Hope I gave a good enough explanation as to what I am lookin for.

Oh and I'm a 33 to 34 waist in most jeans which means a hem that always ends up to over 7.5

The one I posted (about 10 posts above with question - *bum*) has a leg opening of 7.09" at 32" waist, it might be what you are looking for. It said Greencast, Dark overdyed from Japanese denim, I dont have any info on fades though. Anyone got exp. with them?

http://www.couvertureandthegarbstore.com/Product/?p=5686&i=6363
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.