or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1261

post #18901 of 20785
New pair of Jean shops, got some serious duck butt going on. Too much fabric in the seat and stff fabric means it sticks out... Will this go away with wears and a wash? And I'm under the impression that jean shops are unsanforized so I need to soak first or the cards will be all over after a wash right
post #18902 of 20785

I have 17 inch calves (fuck my life) and want a pair of jeans with smaller leg openings (7"). Anyone know some good brand cuts? I thought about the Nudies Tape Ted but I have a feeling it would crush my lower legs. 

post #18903 of 20785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorbiant View Post

I have 17 inch calves (fuck my life) and want a pair of jeans with smaller leg openings (7"). Anyone know some good brand cuts? I thought about the Nudies Tape Ted but I have a feeling it would crush my lower legs. 

sounds like you're just looking for something with a tapered cut (not entirely clear why though as it sounds like you've got a stockier build). most brands have a tapered offering...best bet is to read through the last bunch of pages in this thread, find some brands that are in your price range and do some googling to figure out how the measurements on the jeans compare to your own (blue in green has a good guide for how to take a lot of the most common measurements)
post #18904 of 20785

Seems like the APC thread is dead, so I ask here.

 

What size should I pick for the black PS? My usual size is 28, I'm 5'7'' and weigh 120 lbs.

I can get APCs for half the price, so now should be the time to buy a pair. 

post #18905 of 20785
Quote:
Originally Posted by superego View Post


sounds like you're just looking for something with a tapered cut (not entirely clear why though as it sounds like you've got a stockier build). most brands have a tapered offering...best bet is to read through the last bunch of pages in this thread, find some brands that are in your price range and do some googling to figure out how the measurements on the jeans compare to your own (blue in green has a good guide for how to take a lot of the most common measurements)

 

I'm muscular and have big thighs too so it all kind of balances out. Right now i wear weird guys.

 

Its just annoying that a lot of these denim companies don't include full measurements for their jeans.

post #18906 of 20785
Fit question here... ok so I generally wear the Nudie Slim Jims and also the Grim Tims and occasionally the Thin Fins. Love the Slim Jim fit and like a little more taper below the knee.

I decided to purchase myself a Christmas present with some Dior 19CM's MiI and I'm not sure if I got the sizing right... or maybe I should have done the 17.5cm cut?
I have about a 30 inch waist and slim thighs, so I usually buy 28 pants since they're 2 vanity sized, I'm 5'6 125-130lbs. With my Nudies I actually get them in a 28 since they're so slim though after a lot of wearings I'm thinking a 27 might be doable. I sized down one for the Diors to a 27 and they were pretty snug when I got them but I could button them all the way up and the waist in the top actually wasn't even that tight since I have a hollow back. It was only tight across the front since it's a flat fit so not much ass space. The problem is after one wearing the back of the thighs and below the pockets is loose, like not tight at all and the waist isn't really even that snug. Everyone said just size down 3 from true size or maybe 1 from normal vanity and I remember thinking this was as tight as I could go... Should I keep them and keep working it or is this a sign they're too loose? I've only worn them once... Thoughts on the general silhouette and shape and what the stretch will eventually look like? I've also posted pics of a pair of my Nudies for comparison. (oh and for the record, considering the price I'm actually really not impressed with this hardware, the rivets look and feel cheap and the cut is nice but hell I could taper most jeans to the same shape)

The new Diors Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



Nudies for comparison, not raw and about 20 wearings... (actually the look too loose in the top block now even though I had them tapered) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

post #18907 of 20785
Hi,
I've been wearing the Levis 511 rigid sea dragon a size up in my usual waist, and I was that thinking to get a pair of unbrandeds.
The only problem is, I checked their fit guide, and it seems that the thighs/calves are roomy,but the knees and hips are too tight for me. I was just wondering if unbrandeds stretch out,and if so, by how much?
Thanks!
post #18908 of 20785
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacket View Post

New pair of Jean shops, got some serious duck butt going on. Too much fabric in the seat and stff fabric means it sticks out... Will this go away with wears and a wash? And I'm under the impression that jean shops are unsanforized so I need to soak first or the cards will be all over after a wash right

They are sanforized and are known to stretch a couple of sizes.
If you bought them in person, they would have strongly encouraged you to buy the smallest pair that you could just barely button.
It sounds like you should have bought a smaller pair.
post #18909 of 20785
So for a true 30 waist ... I bought a 27 long for stacking but that's as small in the waist as they go, no jean shops for me? How unfortunate
post #18910 of 20785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post

Fit question here... ok so I generally wear the Nudie Slim Jims and also the Grim Tims and occasionally the Thin Fins. Love the Slim Jim fit and like a little more taper below the knee.
I decided to purchase myself a Christmas present with some Dior 19CM's MiI and I'm not sure if I got the sizing right... or maybe I should have done the 17.5cm cut?
I have about a 30 inch waist and slim thighs, so I usually buy 28 pants since they're 2 vanity sized, I'm 5'6 125-130lbs. With my Nudies I actually get them in a 28 since they're so slim though after a lot of wearings I'm thinking a 27 might be doable. I sized down one for the Diors to a 27 and they were pretty snug when I got them but I could button them all the way up and the waist in the top actually wasn't even that tight since I have a hollow back. It was only tight across the front since it's a flat fit so not much ass space. The problem is after one wearing the back of the thighs and below the pockets is loose, like not tight at all and the waist isn't really even that snug. Everyone said just size down 3 from true size or maybe 1 from normal vanity and I remember thinking this was as tight as I could go... Should I keep them and keep working it or is this a sign they're too loose? I've only worn them once... Thoughts on the general silhouette and shape and what the stretch will eventually look like? I've also posted pics of a pair of my Nudies for comparison. (oh and for the record, considering the price I'm actually really not impressed with this hardware, the rivets look and feel cheap and the cut is nice but hell I could taper most jeans to the same shape)
The new Diors Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Nudies for comparison, not raw and about 20 wearings... (actually the look too loose in the top block now even though I had them tapered) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


I think that looks fine. If u sized down once more the short rise would crush your balls. The waistband on my 17.5cm is pretty loose, too, but everywhere else fits pretty perfectly so I just wear a belt. Remember 19cm was meant to be more of a slouchy fit than a skinny fit, so after the hips stretch a bit, the wider waistband should sit on your hips. Just lose the cuffs and you're good smile.gif
post #18911 of 20785

Can someone etll me a higher end jean with a short lowrise of about 8" inches?

 

I am a 31 waist and all i see are 10+" in jeans like iron Heart, Nudie, N&F. ect.

 

Now I do see plenty of lowrise with a rise of about 8' in True Religion, Abercrombie ect. Just can't find a good cut in the quality jeans as all seem to have front rise from 9.5"-10.5" and cuts like a Levis 501 jean. Both of which I can't stand.

post #18912 of 20785

I have a question. I really like Dior homme jeans and cant really afford it now. I read that 19cm is pretty close to APC new cure. I was going to buy it but I came across this momotaro jeans on context clothing which seems similar to dior homme (to me)(http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=2305). Does anybody know which one would be closer to Dior homme 19cm type? APC new cure or this momo (or I am completely way off on those momos)?

post #18913 of 20785
Quote:
Originally Posted by madridista View Post

I have a question. I really like Dior homme jeans and cant really afford it now. I read that 19cm is pretty close to APC new cure. I was going to buy it but I came across this momotaro jeans on context clothing which seems similar to dior homme (to me)(http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=2305). Does anybody know which one would be closer to Dior homme 19cm type? APC new cure or this momo (or I am completely way off on those momos)?

The 19cm was inspired by the "cure" cut, which was replaced by the skinnier "new cure" a few years ago. Those momos have a slightly longer rise and about .5in larger leg opening than 19cm of the same size. If you want neater stacks, I'd suggest going for the petite standard over the new cure, but both are much skinnier than the 19cm.
post #18914 of 20785

I want to order some Uniqlo relaxed fit jeans and have them tapered, but I've never had anything altered before.

 

I've read that if jeans are chain-stitched I should have them altered by a denim specialist.  Is that true, and are Uniqlo jeans chain-stitched?

 

I plan to buy them with a 34 inseam for cuffing.  If I want them tapered from the knee, does that mean the tailor should mark where my knees are?

 

Any advice about tapering cheap jeans?  How much should something like this cost?

 

Thanks for your help, and if this is a stupid idea please feel free to say so.


Edited by Pig Farmer - 12/27/12 at 1:18pm
post #18915 of 20785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roygbivuxg View Post


The 19cm was inspired by the "cure" cut, which was replaced by the skinnier "new cure" a few years ago. Those momos have a slightly longer rise and about .5in larger leg opening than 19cm of the same size. If you want neater stacks, I'd suggest going for the petite standard over the new cure, but both are much skinnier than the 19cm.

Thanks a lot! I will go for petite standard then!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.