sorry for this stupid question. I recently bought a pair of APC ps and it's my first pair of raw denim jeans. i got some mud on my knee and cleaned it by dabbing at it with a damp tissue. I didnt go too crazy but noticed a little bit of the dye came off. will this leave a patch on the jeans now when they fade? Thanks guys.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New gap denim Last post on 11/25/15 at 8:57pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1253post #18781 of 2140111/27/12 at 1:06pmpost #18782 of 2140111/27/12 at 1:13pmpost #18783 of 2140111/27/12 at 2:59pmpost #18784 of 2140111/27/12 at 3:31pmpost #18785 of 2140111/27/12 at 10:03pmpost #18786 of 2140111/27/12 at 11:07pmgetting these in the mail soon from a black Friday sale:
I tried them on previously and they fit very well. Inseam won't be too short.
I was looking forward to wearing them raw. I figured they were sanforized, but I received an email saying they are not "preshrunk". I'm not actually sure the sales rep knew the possible difference, so I'll be checking the tag. I'm curious though if there are any horror pictures of people who didn't presoak their unsanforized and washed them later, and how it affected fade placement. I've read it really messes it up, but I'd like to see some pics.post #18787 of 2140111/28/12 at 9:15amSo, I purchased my first pair of Naked & Famous Weird Guys in a size 30 about six months ago, and in the meantime have been hitting the gym pretty regularly. Problem is, my thighs and ass no longer fit in these jeans, but I tried on a pair of size 31's and the waist was a little loose for my taste.
I like a more tapered cut, so what do you guys recommend? Buy a 31 and size for thighs while tailoring the waist? Or trying a different brand altogether?post #18788 of 2140111/28/12 at 10:31amQuote:Originally Posted by Zassiliss
So, I purchased my first pair of Naked & Famous Weird Guys in a size 30 about six months ago, and in the meantime have been hitting the gym pretty regularly. Problem is, my thighs and ass no longer fit in these jeans, but I tried on a pair of size 31's and the waist was a little loose for my taste.
I like a more tapered cut, so what do you guys recommend? Buy a 31 and size for thighs while tailoring the waist? Or trying a different brand altogether?
Try a 31 in the SkinnyGuy Indigo Power Stretch. The stretch denim will give you more comfort in the thighs but the contour waistband will hug your waist better on this style.post #18789 of 2140111/28/12 at 7:36pmpost #18790 of 2140111/29/12 at 7:54amQuote:
Thanks for the advice--because there's that elastane in the power stretch jeans, does that mean the denim won't "perma-stretch" out as much as regular denim, and should be fairly comfortable out of the box?post #18791 of 2140111/29/12 at 8:32ampost #18792 of 2140111/29/12 at 8:32amAnother new guy here...I'm having trouble finding a good pair of jeans partly because there aren't stores around me that focus on "good" jeans (The Buckle's paper thin denim ain't cuttin' it) and partly because I'm a bigger guy.
* I have a linebacker build (6'1, 250), and a smaller waist than my thighs and ass would dictate.
*Shoes I'm wearing are Allen Edmond Aberdeen, and I rotate them with AE Long branch boots and a pair of Mark Nason boots. The jeans don't have to go with all 3.
What I'm looking for:
* a company that makes a 38 that's not too baggy, but not something I'll bust out of if I squat to pick something up.
* If I can a selvedge pair that fits that criteria without having a mile long inseam, that'd be a welcome bonus.
* Preferably priced under $200, could go up to $250.
* Something durable. I won't be working heavy duty in them, but I don't want to invest hundreds in to a pair of jeans that can't take the wear and tear of being worn a few times a week for years.
Does anyone know any make/model that would fit the bill?post #18793 of 2140111/29/12 at 1:07pm^ Panda... in this price range APC is kinda the go-to, start-up denim.... raw, selvedge, etc..
or perhaps Naked & Famous. At current sales prices you can get them pretty cheap (probably more like mid-low $100's). There may be sales on some of the better brand like PBJ, Samurai, Ironheart etc... check out Self Edge or Blue in Green SoHo websites as well. If I were you I'd do a little HW, talk to the SA over the phone about your sizing concerns (and have your measurements!) order multiple pairs and just return those you don't want or don't fit properly. It will take a little time and effort, but once you find a brand, cut and style that works for you it will be easier to find other brands later as you can base your sizing on the first pair. Just a quick FYI...post #18794 of 2140111/29/12 at 1:18pmQuote:
IIRC san/unsan is not indicated on the tag per se as it is a characteristic of the denim... others may correct me.... I hope you REALLY got those on sale as the link you provided had those jeans at $250!! yikes...post #18795 of 2140111/29/12 at 6:57pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
Currently, there are 1526 Active Users (334 Members and 1192 Guests)
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 2 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 44 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 51 seconds ago
- › Shoe Antiquing 1 minute ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding