sorry for this stupid question. I recently bought a pair of APC ps and it's my first pair of raw denim jeans. i got some mud on my knee and cleaned it by dabbing at it with a damp tissue. I didnt go too crazy but noticed a little bit of the dye came off. will this leave a patch on the jeans now when they fade? Thanks guys.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New gap denim Last post on 8/1/15 at 7:05pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1253post #18781 of 2112311/27/12 at 1:06pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18782 of 2112311/27/12 at 1:13pmpost #18783 of 2112311/27/12 at 2:59pmpost #18784 of 2112311/27/12 at 3:31pmpost #18785 of 2112311/27/12 at 10:03pmpost #18786 of 2112311/27/12 at 11:07pmgetting these in the mail soon from a black Friday sale:
I tried them on previously and they fit very well. Inseam won't be too short.
I was looking forward to wearing them raw. I figured they were sanforized, but I received an email saying they are not "preshrunk". I'm not actually sure the sales rep knew the possible difference, so I'll be checking the tag. I'm curious though if there are any horror pictures of people who didn't presoak their unsanforized and washed them later, and how it affected fade placement. I've read it really messes it up, but I'd like to see some pics.post #18787 of 2112311/28/12 at 9:15amSo, I purchased my first pair of Naked & Famous Weird Guys in a size 30 about six months ago, and in the meantime have been hitting the gym pretty regularly. Problem is, my thighs and ass no longer fit in these jeans, but I tried on a pair of size 31's and the waist was a little loose for my taste.
I like a more tapered cut, so what do you guys recommend? Buy a 31 and size for thighs while tailoring the waist? Or trying a different brand altogether?post #18788 of 2112311/28/12 at 10:31amQuote:Originally Posted by Zassiliss
So, I purchased my first pair of Naked & Famous Weird Guys in a size 30 about six months ago, and in the meantime have been hitting the gym pretty regularly. Problem is, my thighs and ass no longer fit in these jeans, but I tried on a pair of size 31's and the waist was a little loose for my taste.
I like a more tapered cut, so what do you guys recommend? Buy a 31 and size for thighs while tailoring the waist? Or trying a different brand altogether?
Try a 31 in the SkinnyGuy Indigo Power Stretch. The stretch denim will give you more comfort in the thighs but the contour waistband will hug your waist better on this style.post #18789 of 2112311/28/12 at 7:36pmpost #18790 of 2112311/29/12 at 7:54amQuote:
Thanks for the advice--because there's that elastane in the power stretch jeans, does that mean the denim won't "perma-stretch" out as much as regular denim, and should be fairly comfortable out of the box?post #18791 of 2112311/29/12 at 8:32ampost #18792 of 2112311/29/12 at 8:32amAnother new guy here...I'm having trouble finding a good pair of jeans partly because there aren't stores around me that focus on "good" jeans (The Buckle's paper thin denim ain't cuttin' it) and partly because I'm a bigger guy.
* I have a linebacker build (6'1, 250), and a smaller waist than my thighs and ass would dictate.
*Shoes I'm wearing are Allen Edmond Aberdeen, and I rotate them with AE Long branch boots and a pair of Mark Nason boots. The jeans don't have to go with all 3.
What I'm looking for:
* a company that makes a 38 that's not too baggy, but not something I'll bust out of if I squat to pick something up.
* If I can a selvedge pair that fits that criteria without having a mile long inseam, that'd be a welcome bonus.
* Preferably priced under $200, could go up to $250.
* Something durable. I won't be working heavy duty in them, but I don't want to invest hundreds in to a pair of jeans that can't take the wear and tear of being worn a few times a week for years.
Does anyone know any make/model that would fit the bill?post #18793 of 2112311/29/12 at 1:07pm^ Panda... in this price range APC is kinda the go-to, start-up denim.... raw, selvedge, etc..
or perhaps Naked & Famous. At current sales prices you can get them pretty cheap (probably more like mid-low $100's). There may be sales on some of the better brand like PBJ, Samurai, Ironheart etc... check out Self Edge or Blue in Green SoHo websites as well. If I were you I'd do a little HW, talk to the SA over the phone about your sizing concerns (and have your measurements!) order multiple pairs and just return those you don't want or don't fit properly. It will take a little time and effort, but once you find a brand, cut and style that works for you it will be easier to find other brands later as you can base your sizing on the first pair. Just a quick FYI...post #18794 of 2112311/29/12 at 1:18pmQuote:
IIRC san/unsan is not indicated on the tag per se as it is a characteristic of the denim... others may correct me.... I hope you REALLY got those on sale as the link you provided had those jeans at $250!! yikes...
- I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
Currently, there are 1304 Active Users (260 Members and 1044 Guests)
- › Alfred Sargent Midnight Blue Suede Double Monk Strap - US 10 1 minute ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD (Guidi, CCP,... 3 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 3 minutes ago
- › Our Legacy LS button down shirt Sz 46 3 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 5 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 5 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 5 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 11 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 14 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015