or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1252

post #18766 of 20759
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCanavan6 View Post

Is it fine getting my normal waist size or should I size down 1? Also why are the 3sixteens from Self Edge different than from other dealers?

3Sixteen + (There's a PLUS here)... Is a collab project between Kiya from SelfEdge and the owners of 3Sixteen. So yeah, they are different.
post #18767 of 20759
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayaoyamaneko View Post

hi all,

 

what other brands will give me a fit similar to Levi's 510s? I find the 511s not skinny enough, but stuff like Cheap Monday far too skintight. Not able to find 510s in my size (30x34) or color locally or even online anymore.

 

did you try zappos for 510s?  looks like they have plenty in your size and about 4 colors?

post #18768 of 20759
alright I just got new 3sixteen slim tapered double blacks... got to get them hemmed. I know it's preference but I wanted to hear what you guys think:

5'6" asian male with athletic build, bigger than average thighs, going to wear with gats and mmm side zips---stacks or no stacks (1 cuff)?
post #18769 of 20759
stacks, especially with sleek shoes like mmm side zips
post #18770 of 20759
Ok, I know this has been beat to death but I still haven't gotten the hang of this search function (or maybe my search criteria was just too vague.)
The wide world of denim has me feeling lost in the woods. I've just gotten to memory all the important buzzwords and I need to tie everything in. How do you guys separate good, quality jeans from bad ones? I've never owned any of the brands that get mentioned a lot around here but I hope to try a couple different ones soon.
Also, who do you think makes the best jeans in terms of cost/quality ratio? (Can of worms, I'm sure) I'm not looking to spend a ton right now (under $200 would be ideal) and I'm rail skinny and medium height, (about 5'9 130) if that helps.
I know there are lists like this elsewhere on the internet but I don't necessarily trust those sources.
/noobism
post #18771 of 20759
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCanavan6 View Post


Is it fine getting my normal waist size or should I size down 1? Also why are the 3sixteens from Self Edge different than from other dealers?

If you get the 3sixteen+ (they shrink a bit cuz they're unsanforized)  i'd say email them about sizing advice (emailed them about a restock like 2 days ago and got the email nxt day). 

post #18772 of 20759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Hand View Post

Ok, I know this has been beat to death but I still haven't gotten the hang of this search function (or maybe my search criteria was just too vague.)
The wide world of denim has me feeling lost in the woods. I've just gotten to memory all the important buzzwords and I need to tie everything in. How do you guys separate good, quality jeans from bad ones? I've never owned any of the brands that get mentioned a lot around here but I hope to try a couple different ones soon.
Also, who do you think makes the best jeans in terms of cost/quality ratio? (Can of worms, I'm sure) I'm not looking to spend a ton right now (under $200 would be ideal) and I'm rail skinny and medium height, (about 5'9 130) if that helps.
I know there are lists like this elsewhere on the internet but I don't necessarily trust those sources.
/noobism
My first, and only pair of good quality jeans (according to this forum), are the APC New Standards. I'd recommend something in Raw (or Dry) Selvedge in a very slim/skinny fit. The New Standards will probably be too baggy on you, depending on how you wear them. I am 5'10" 160 lbs with somewhat muscular thighs so they fit great. Check out APC Petit Standards or Naked & Famous Weird Guy, both are fairly popular and a good step into Raw Selvedge.
post #18773 of 20759
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBunny View Post

If you get the 3sixteen+ (they shrink a bit cuz they're unsanforized)  i'd say email them about sizing advice (emailed them about a restock like 2 days ago and got the email nxt day). 
Is this the only difference between the Self Edge 3sixteens and another shop, granted I buy the Slim Tapered in Shadow Selvedge?
post #18774 of 20759
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCanavan6 View Post

Is this the only difference between the Self Edge 3sixteens and another shop, granted I buy the Slim Tapered in Shadow Selvedge?

Look more closely at "Brands We Carry" on Self Edge's site and you will see that they have two completely different pages for 3sixteen and 3sixteen+. There aren't any 3sixteen+ jeans that look like the Shadow Selvedge.

post #18775 of 20759
any denim brands that carry selvedge for women? looking for more slim/tapered fits...
post #18776 of 20759
I started with Apc new cures and I'm looking to upgrade quality and durability with a similar fit. I really want iron hearts but can't afford them. What is a good mid tier denim?

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note
post #18777 of 20759
Quote:
Originally Posted by malaujai View Post

any denim brands that carry selvedge for women? looking for more slim/tapered fits...

I know 2: Momotaro & Railcar

post #18778 of 20759
Quote:
Originally Posted by a bag of it View Post

I started with Apc new cures and I'm looking to upgrade quality and durability with a similar fit. I really want iron hearts but can't afford them. What is a good mid tier denim?
Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note

Again the same names + some others: Railcar, Momotaro, 3sixteen, LEE, Tellason

post #18779 of 20759
Do people generally size the same for APC & Dior Homme? I wear a 31 in the PS cut if it's any consolation.
post #18780 of 20759
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyills View Post

Do people generally size the same for APC & Dior Homme? I wear a 31 in the PS cut if it's any consolation.

I do. I wear a 27 in both DH 19cm and APC PS.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.