Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New gap denim Last post on 11/25/15 at 8:57pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and Trousers
Last edited: 11/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1251post #18751 of 2121311/20/12 at 4:25pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18752 of 2121311/20/12 at 4:32pm
the following are pics i took today of my sz 31 WG's. they seem to fit fine in the legs and crotch area, were also a little difficult to button up but as you see in the 2nd pic, i can easily slide my palm down the back of the jeans. is this something that will go away with due as they get worn out?should i get a sz 30? i really want a relaxed fit, not too skinny.post #18753 of 2121311/20/12 at 10:03pmpost #18754 of 2121311/21/12 at 5:44amQuote:Originally Posted by bdud
I just finally went by Uniqlo Soho to try on their Made in Japan stuff. A few extreme newbie questions:
- When I see people refer to S001 and S002, is that referring to Made in Japan Slim Fit and Regular Fit respectively, as branded in the store? The S would be for Selvedge?
- The regular fit 31 waist fit perfectly in the changing room. Does that mean I should size down to a 30 waist?
- The slim fit 32 waist was a bit tight at the thighs and waist, but close. Will the thighs stretch open a bit over time?
- Does that mean I shouldn't size down the slim fit?
1. the S001 and S002 refer to their cuts. It doesn't necessarily mean it's MIJ. Yes. S would be for Selvedge if I'm not mistaken. You can always just look at the cuff to verify.
2. I did not size down on mine BUT they did stretch maybe an inch or an inch and a half over time.. but it doesn't bother me cause I always wear a belt anyway.
3. Yes. Uniqlo's stretch out overtime and they do not stretch back down after a wash. At least mine didn't.
hope that helpedpost #18755 of 2121311/21/12 at 5:20pmpost #18756 of 2121311/21/12 at 8:11pm
I've been looking at wvg redemption denim as my first pair of raws since they're having a black friday deal and I just have a few questions about sizing. For levis 511s my jeans have been hit or miss, both 29x30 and one is incredibly tight all around and the other is loose in the thigh and below the knee (bought this one from the levis website so maybe its different). Just measured the pair that's a little tight and the hem is 6.5'' which is a little tight (7'' would probably be better). Would wvg denim in size 28 fit me okay, and taper well? Or are there any other alternatives I can look for during black friday?post #18757 of 2121311/21/12 at 11:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by Geruvah
I've been looking for a black coated jean much like the pictured. Search gave me practically nothing but the Nudie Jeans Thin Finn/Grim Tim black coated so I ordered the Org. black ring from them. Come to find out the black coated is actually discontinued and I hope that the jeans will have that sheen I'm looking for.
If not, where else can I go for a good black coated jean?Quote:
Bump for Black denim jeans with Resin wash. Sexy as fuuu. Where to kop?post #18758 of 2121311/22/12 at 12:00ampost #18759 of 2121311/22/12 at 1:52pmpost #18760 of 2121311/23/12 at 1:41am
HI all, just bought my first pair of selvage jeans. Edwin ED47s. Fits well around leg and waist although a couple of inches too long. I note on the advice slip one should rinse these out first before wearing.
Can anyone suggest the best way to rinse new selvage jeans? Cool wash in machine? Shower in them? let them soak in cold water?
Also how do you clean the jeans if you don't wash them (for 6 months or so)?
Thankspost #18761 of 2121311/23/12 at 11:53am
I am updating my closet and getting rid of all my hollister/express jeans and starting off with something more plain and simple. What would yall suggest in Levi's the 514 or the 501 shrink to fit? I tried them on and felt them in the store the other day and the 501's felt way more durable and raw if that makes any sense. So is there really a difference in them? The 501 shrink to fit definately felt more stiff which I think is what I am looking for and they should soften up with wear right?post #18762 of 2121311/24/12 at 8:45amAlright, so I "can" wear Levi's 510's in 28x30 (I'm 5'8, ~127 lbs. / 174 cm *I'm a tall 5'8*, ~57 kg), but they're a little too tight for my liking (particularly in the waist). This pair of 510's in 29x30 I have, though, look great on me (in my opinion, of course, ha), but there's more room in the waist than I'd like (I can fit like two to three fingers in between).
So in other words, a 28.5 waist, if such a size existed, would've been perfect on me.
So anyway, I've been looking into getting a pair of New Cures (these are the slimmest fit that APC offers, right?). What gets me, though, is the conflict between sizing down one and sizing down two. I like how my 29x30 Levi's fit around my legs all the way down (they're not skin-tight, but still slimmer than slim), so how should I go about sizing?
I'll try to get pics of me wearing the Levi's soon (if I can) to give a better idea of the kind of fit I like, but in the mean time something like this:
Are the numbers here trustworthy?
Edited by masshi - 11/24/12 at 9:39ampost #18763 of 2121311/24/12 at 12:19pmpost #18764 of 2121311/24/12 at 4:34pmQuote:
They stretch nowhere as much as the NS; and are sanforized so no need for soak (unless you get the 3-sixteen + from selfedge).post #18765 of 2121311/24/12 at 4:53pmQuote:
Is it fine getting my normal waist size or should I size down 1? Also why are the 3sixteens from Self Edge different than from other dealers?
- I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › The Official Alden Indy Appreciation Thread 55 seconds ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 2 minutes ago
- › CK Calvin Klein Suits? Grey Label 4 minutes ago
- › Jack Erwin Shoes 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Can Anyone Identify the Maker of these Norvegese Shoes for Gruppo... 5 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Where can I find this topcoat? 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › lefty's random dog thread. 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories