Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New gap denim Last post on 11/25/15 at 8:57pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1251post #18751 of 2142311/20/12 at 4:25pmpost #18752 of 2142311/20/12 at 4:32pm
the following are pics i took today of my sz 31 WG's. they seem to fit fine in the legs and crotch area, were also a little difficult to button up but as you see in the 2nd pic, i can easily slide my palm down the back of the jeans. is this something that will go away with due as they get worn out?should i get a sz 30? i really want a relaxed fit, not too skinny.post #18753 of 2142311/20/12 at 10:03pmpost #18754 of 2142311/21/12 at 5:44amQuote:Originally Posted by bdud
I just finally went by Uniqlo Soho to try on their Made in Japan stuff. A few extreme newbie questions:
- When I see people refer to S001 and S002, is that referring to Made in Japan Slim Fit and Regular Fit respectively, as branded in the store? The S would be for Selvedge?
- The regular fit 31 waist fit perfectly in the changing room. Does that mean I should size down to a 30 waist?
- The slim fit 32 waist was a bit tight at the thighs and waist, but close. Will the thighs stretch open a bit over time?
- Does that mean I shouldn't size down the slim fit?
1. the S001 and S002 refer to their cuts. It doesn't necessarily mean it's MIJ. Yes. S would be for Selvedge if I'm not mistaken. You can always just look at the cuff to verify.
2. I did not size down on mine BUT they did stretch maybe an inch or an inch and a half over time.. but it doesn't bother me cause I always wear a belt anyway.
3. Yes. Uniqlo's stretch out overtime and they do not stretch back down after a wash. At least mine didn't.
hope that helpedpost #18755 of 2142311/21/12 at 5:20pmpost #18756 of 2142311/21/12 at 8:11pm
I've been looking at wvg redemption denim as my first pair of raws since they're having a black friday deal and I just have a few questions about sizing. For levis 511s my jeans have been hit or miss, both 29x30 and one is incredibly tight all around and the other is loose in the thigh and below the knee (bought this one from the levis website so maybe its different). Just measured the pair that's a little tight and the hem is 6.5'' which is a little tight (7'' would probably be better). Would wvg denim in size 28 fit me okay, and taper well? Or are there any other alternatives I can look for during black friday?post #18757 of 2142311/21/12 at 11:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by Geruvah
I've been looking for a black coated jean much like the pictured. Search gave me practically nothing but the Nudie Jeans Thin Finn/Grim Tim black coated so I ordered the Org. black ring from them. Come to find out the black coated is actually discontinued and I hope that the jeans will have that sheen I'm looking for.
If not, where else can I go for a good black coated jean?Quote:
Bump for Black denim jeans with Resin wash. Sexy as fuuu. Where to kop?post #18758 of 2142311/22/12 at 12:00ampost #18759 of 2142311/22/12 at 1:52pmpost #18760 of 2142311/23/12 at 1:41am
HI all, just bought my first pair of selvage jeans. Edwin ED47s. Fits well around leg and waist although a couple of inches too long. I note on the advice slip one should rinse these out first before wearing.
Can anyone suggest the best way to rinse new selvage jeans? Cool wash in machine? Shower in them? let them soak in cold water?
Also how do you clean the jeans if you don't wash them (for 6 months or so)?
Thankspost #18761 of 2142311/23/12 at 11:53am
I am updating my closet and getting rid of all my hollister/express jeans and starting off with something more plain and simple. What would yall suggest in Levi's the 514 or the 501 shrink to fit? I tried them on and felt them in the store the other day and the 501's felt way more durable and raw if that makes any sense. So is there really a difference in them? The 501 shrink to fit definately felt more stiff which I think is what I am looking for and they should soften up with wear right?post #18762 of 2142311/24/12 at 8:45amAlright, so I "can" wear Levi's 510's in 28x30 (I'm 5'8, ~127 lbs. / 174 cm *I'm a tall 5'8*, ~57 kg), but they're a little too tight for my liking (particularly in the waist). This pair of 510's in 29x30 I have, though, look great on me (in my opinion, of course, ha), but there's more room in the waist than I'd like (I can fit like two to three fingers in between).
So in other words, a 28.5 waist, if such a size existed, would've been perfect on me.
So anyway, I've been looking into getting a pair of New Cures (these are the slimmest fit that APC offers, right?). What gets me, though, is the conflict between sizing down one and sizing down two. I like how my 29x30 Levi's fit around my legs all the way down (they're not skin-tight, but still slimmer than slim), so how should I go about sizing?
I'll try to get pics of me wearing the Levi's soon (if I can) to give a better idea of the kind of fit I like, but in the mean time something like this:
Are the numbers here trustworthy?
Edited by masshi - 11/24/12 at 9:39ampost #18763 of 2142311/24/12 at 12:19pmpost #18764 of 2142311/24/12 at 4:34pmQuote:
They stretch nowhere as much as the NS; and are sanforized so no need for soak (unless you get the 3-sixteen + from selfedge).post #18765 of 2142311/24/12 at 4:53pmQuote:
Is it fine getting my normal waist size or should I size down 1? Also why are the 3sixteens from Self Edge different than from other dealers?
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 16 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 19 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 19 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 26 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 27 minutes ago
- › Giorgio Armani black label 3-piece tuxedo from SF Boutique 39 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Custom Suiting Toronto 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...