I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1251
the following are pics i took today of my sz 31 WG's. they seem to fit fine in the legs and crotch area, were also a little difficult to button up but as you see in the 2nd pic, i can easily slide my palm down the back of the jeans. is this something that will go away with due as they get worn out?should i get a sz 30? i really want a relaxed fit, not too skinny.
I just finally went by Uniqlo Soho to try on their Made in Japan stuff. A few extreme newbie questions:
- When I see people refer to S001 and S002, is that referring to Made in Japan Slim Fit and Regular Fit respectively, as branded in the store? The S would be for Selvedge?
- The regular fit 31 waist fit perfectly in the changing room. Does that mean I should size down to a 30 waist?
- The slim fit 32 waist was a bit tight at the thighs and waist, but close. Will the thighs stretch open a bit over time?
- Does that mean I shouldn't size down the slim fit?
1. the S001 and S002 refer to their cuts. It doesn't necessarily mean it's MIJ. Yes. S would be for Selvedge if I'm not mistaken. You can always just look at the cuff to verify.
2. I did not size down on mine BUT they did stretch maybe an inch or an inch and a half over time.. but it doesn't bother me cause I always wear a belt anyway.
3. Yes. Uniqlo's stretch out overtime and they do not stretch back down after a wash. At least mine didn't.
hope that helped
I've been looking at wvg redemption denim as my first pair of raws since they're having a black friday deal and I just have a few questions about sizing. For levis 511s my jeans have been hit or miss, both 29x30 and one is incredibly tight all around and the other is loose in the thigh and below the knee (bought this one from the levis website so maybe its different). Just measured the pair that's a little tight and the hem is 6.5'' which is a little tight (7'' would probably be better). Would wvg denim in size 28 fit me okay, and taper well? Or are there any other alternatives I can look for during black friday?
I've been looking for a black coated jean much like the pictured. Search gave me practically nothing but the Nudie Jeans Thin Finn/Grim Tim black coated so I ordered the Org. black ring from them. Come to find out the black coated is actually discontinued and I hope that the jeans will have that sheen I'm looking for.
If not, where else can I go for a good black coated jean?
Bump for Black denim jeans with Resin wash. Sexy as fuuu. Where to kop?
HI all, just bought my first pair of selvage jeans. Edwin ED47s. Fits well around leg and waist although a couple of inches too long. I note on the advice slip one should rinse these out first before wearing.
Can anyone suggest the best way to rinse new selvage jeans? Cool wash in machine? Shower in them? let them soak in cold water?
Also how do you clean the jeans if you don't wash them (for 6 months or so)?
I am updating my closet and getting rid of all my hollister/express jeans and starting off with something more plain and simple. What would yall suggest in Levi's the 514 or the 501 shrink to fit? I tried them on and felt them in the store the other day and the 501's felt way more durable and raw if that makes any sense. So is there really a difference in them? The 501 shrink to fit definately felt more stiff which I think is what I am looking for and they should soften up with wear right?
So in other words, a 28.5 waist, if such a size existed, would've been perfect on me.
So anyway, I've been looking into getting a pair of New Cures (these are the slimmest fit that APC offers, right?). What gets me, though, is the conflict between sizing down one and sizing down two. I like how my 29x30 Levi's fit around my legs all the way down (they're not skin-tight, but still slimmer than slim), so how should I go about sizing?
I'll try to get pics of me wearing the Levi's soon (if I can) to give a better idea of the kind of fit I like, but in the mean time something like this:
Are the numbers here trustworthy?
Edited by masshi - 11/24/12 at 9:39am
They stretch nowhere as much as the NS; and are sanforized so no need for soak (unless you get the 3-sixteen + from selfedge).
Is it fine getting my normal waist size or should I size down 1? Also why are the 3sixteens from Self Edge different than from other dealers?