Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New gap denim Last post on 8/1/15 at 7:05pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1250
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18737 of 2112311/16/12 at 7:46amI've been looking for a black coated jean much like the pictured. Search gave me practically nothing but the Nudie Jeans Thin Finn/Grim Tim black coated so I ordered the Org. black ring from them. Come to find out the black coated is actually discontinued and I hope that the jeans will have that sheen I'm looking for.
If not, where else can I go for a good black coated jean?post #18738 of 2112311/16/12 at 10:09ampost #18739 of 2112311/16/12 at 10:30am
how do people get their stacks to look that nice? clearly those are set and didn't fall naturally but i can't even get mine to look that nice when i set them lol.
but then again i kinda like the more natural look anyway. i'm happy with my current stacks but very curious how to make "perfect" stacks like that.post #18740 of 2112311/16/12 at 2:33pmpost #18741 of 2112311/16/12 at 2:36pmpost #18742 of 2112311/16/12 at 4:51pmpost #18743 of 2112311/16/12 at 5:03pmpost #18744 of 2112311/17/12 at 12:49pmpost #18745 of 2112311/18/12 at 11:31ampost #18746 of 2112311/18/12 at 2:04pmpost #18747 of 2112311/18/12 at 4:46pmI purchased the N&F WG in size 31, I usually wear 32 in denim. Received them today and tried them on, my research here has led to me think that the top button should be very hard to button. On these I not only got the top button but if I pull a little bit, I can fit my open hand down till a little past the knuckles. Should I return them for a 30 or pre-soak and where till they stretch out? I am going to a slim but not skinny look but I am not very well verse in raw denim.post #18748 of 2112311/18/12 at 6:47pmpost #18749 of 2112311/18/12 at 9:15pm
I just finally went by Uniqlo Soho to try on their Made in Japan stuff. A few extreme newbie questions:
- When I see people refer to S001 and S002, is that referring to Made in Japan Slim Fit and Regular Fit respectively, as branded in the store? The S would be for Selvedge?
- The regular fit 31 waist fit perfectly in the changing room. Does that mean I should size down to a 30 waist?
- The slim fit 32 waist was a bit tight at the thighs and waist, but close. Will the thighs stretch open a bit over time?
- Does that mean I shouldn't size down the slim fit?
And I also swung by Levi's Meatpacking. I liked both the 513 and 508 at 31 waist, but the 508 was definitely looser. I want an even narrower leg opening. They didn't have 520 for me to try on, so I have to buy blind online. Should I size down to 30 (or smaller) assuming it will be slouchy?post #18750 of 2112311/19/12 at 8:09am
I got a pair of APC NS black denim raw that I want to shrink a bit. I've been trying to find tips here on SF and also in sufu, but there seems to be a wide range of opinions. Some people say a hot soak for 4 hours, some say hot wash in washer followed by a cycle in the dryer and then there's also like a cold soak method too . I'm a bit confused and hopefully someone could clarify things up.
- I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 11 seconds ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 21 seconds ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 3 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 10 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 10 minutes ago
- › Cufflinks 11 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 14 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 14 minutes ago
- › WTS: APC x LOUIS W. FERRIS SUEDE BOMBER JACKET SS2015 - MEDIUM - BEIGE 18 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 25 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015