Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New gap denim Last post on 11/25/15 at 8:57pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1250post #18737 of 2142311/16/12 at 7:46amI've been looking for a black coated jean much like the pictured. Search gave me practically nothing but the Nudie Jeans Thin Finn/Grim Tim black coated so I ordered the Org. black ring from them. Come to find out the black coated is actually discontinued and I hope that the jeans will have that sheen I'm looking for.
If not, where else can I go for a good black coated jean?post #18738 of 2142311/16/12 at 10:09ampost #18739 of 2142311/16/12 at 10:30am
how do people get their stacks to look that nice? clearly those are set and didn't fall naturally but i can't even get mine to look that nice when i set them lol.
but then again i kinda like the more natural look anyway. i'm happy with my current stacks but very curious how to make "perfect" stacks like that.post #18740 of 2142311/16/12 at 2:33pmpost #18741 of 2142311/16/12 at 2:36pmpost #18742 of 2142311/16/12 at 4:51pmpost #18743 of 2142311/16/12 at 5:03pmpost #18744 of 2142311/17/12 at 12:49pmpost #18745 of 2142311/18/12 at 11:31ampost #18746 of 2142311/18/12 at 2:04pmpost #18747 of 2142311/18/12 at 4:46pmI purchased the N&F WG in size 31, I usually wear 32 in denim. Received them today and tried them on, my research here has led to me think that the top button should be very hard to button. On these I not only got the top button but if I pull a little bit, I can fit my open hand down till a little past the knuckles. Should I return them for a 30 or pre-soak and where till they stretch out? I am going to a slim but not skinny look but I am not very well verse in raw denim.post #18748 of 2142311/18/12 at 6:47pmpost #18749 of 2142311/18/12 at 9:15pm
I just finally went by Uniqlo Soho to try on their Made in Japan stuff. A few extreme newbie questions:
- When I see people refer to S001 and S002, is that referring to Made in Japan Slim Fit and Regular Fit respectively, as branded in the store? The S would be for Selvedge?
- The regular fit 31 waist fit perfectly in the changing room. Does that mean I should size down to a 30 waist?
- The slim fit 32 waist was a bit tight at the thighs and waist, but close. Will the thighs stretch open a bit over time?
- Does that mean I shouldn't size down the slim fit?
And I also swung by Levi's Meatpacking. I liked both the 513 and 508 at 31 waist, but the 508 was definitely looser. I want an even narrower leg opening. They didn't have 520 for me to try on, so I have to buy blind online. Should I size down to 30 (or smaller) assuming it will be slouchy?post #18750 of 2142311/19/12 at 8:09am
I got a pair of APC NS black denim raw that I want to shrink a bit. I've been trying to find tips here on SF and also in sufu, but there seems to be a wide range of opinions. Some people say a hot soak for 4 hours, some say hot wash in washer followed by a cycle in the dryer and then there's also like a cold soak method too . I'm a bit confused and hopefully someone could clarify things up.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Suit advice & where to look 3 minutes ago
- › Site Topics - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › MA-1 Jackets Thread 8 minutes ago
- › NWB Gaziano & Girling "Hanly” Racing Green 10E MH71 (US 10-10.5D) 9 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...