or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1247

post #18691 of 20892
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicPac View Post

I wear a 32 or 33 waist in Levi's. what should I go for in N&F and A.P.C? I want a slim fit not skinny. I also have an athletic body so bigger hips and thigh area. Anybody know what size and what style to get in these companies?

For N&F I would say definitely the ''weird guy'' model because it is slim but not skinny, just like you want! And sizing is really tricky. There is only one way to figure out which size you should buy and that is to measure. If you don't know how to measure, check this link: http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?Itemid=41&id=30&option=com_content&task=view

post #18692 of 20892

And you also have to account for stretch with measurements. I always buy raw denim with at least an inch less than my natural waist size

post #18693 of 20892

So if I'm a size 33 I should buy a tag size of 31??
post #18694 of 20892

So... anyone know where I can find 21cm Diors in Vancouver BC?

post #18695 of 20892
Quote:
Originally Posted by MispronounceFun View Post

So... anyone know where I can find 21cm Diors in Vancouver BC?

I believe Leone (sinclair centre) is the only store that carries dior homme in vancouver.
post #18696 of 20892
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicPac View Post

 
So if I'm a size 33 I should buy a tag size of 31??

Depends on measurements.

 

My waist measures about 36", but for some jeans that means I would have to be a 33 (very rare). Most often I would buy a 34. However, with smaller waists, sometimes you just have to go down to 32 from 33 (most often there is not a 35 option for me so I have to go down to 34 - that's why I make the bigger jump with most brands)

 

APCs stretch a lot more than most other brands. So if it is APC, then go 31. If it is another brand, check measurements

post #18697 of 20892
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofMyth View Post

Hi, I'm going to be purchasing my first pair of "serious" raws soon. I'm mainly looking at Warehouse, Studio D'Artisan and Oni. I have 34W Unbranded 201s that fit fairly well, but I think I want a slightly straighter, looser fit. How do Blues, whatever SD's straight cut is, and WH660s compare in cut and how should I size for the fit I described?

post #18698 of 20892
Well I'm on blue owl and they say N&F 30 is actually 32.5 which is what I'll get. Take a pic when I get it and post a pic. I wear 32-33 depending on the brand. Do I want to wear something that is hard to button?
post #18699 of 20892
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHo View Post

denim noob needs some help.
I have exactly one pair of jeans - some Agave Wayfarer - very relaxed and comfortable. I'm a fairly thin guy (5'10"/170/32 inch waist) but my butt and thighs are bigger than average.
Could someone point me in the direction of a "like" jean to that of above, or something very relaxed for those of us with some "junk..."? I need to branch out from one pair of jeans!?!?
TIA.

 

You know what definitely would help... e-mailing this exact same question to Naked&famous, Tate&Yoko, Blue Owl Workshop, to Denim Geek etc. etc.

What I noticed is that every mail I ever send with what question so ever, they will always respond and help as much as they can. So if you still haven't found what you want, you could try that

 

Your question is very difficult and as long as nobody here has the same issue as you, it's difficult to give you good advise. because denim with those measurements are difficult to find (I think).

post #18700 of 20892
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicPac View Post

Well I'm on blue owl and they say N&F 30 is actually 32.5 which is what I'll get. Take a pic when I get it and post a pic. I wear 32-33 depending on the brand. Do I want to wear something that is hard to button?

Every denim you'll ever wear in your life will stretch! Raw denim even more than those stonewashed and worn-look ready jeans. Of course it depends on the model, brand and type of denim how much it will stretch, but it's sure that they ALL stretch.

 

The real question here is, how do YOU like your jeans? If you like them to fit well and good on your waist, take a tight one. It will get more comfortable later. Make sure that you can still button it up or else it is too tight. If you take one that is loose on your waist but doesn't need a belt right away, the denim will later get so wide that you'll eventually need a belt.

post #18701 of 20892
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetazeta View Post


I believe Leone (sinclair centre) is the only store that carries dior homme in vancouver.
 

 

:( I see... I guess I have to cross my fingers and hope they restock on more sizes in January then. Thanks for your reply.

post #18702 of 20892

Im looking to spend around $200 maybe a little more on raw denim. What brands would be the best? Should I go with N&F's for a little cheaper? I live near NYC so I was thnking about heading in to check out self edge and blue in green but Im worried they might be a little out of my price range. What do you guys think my best move is?

post #18703 of 20892
Update. I went to blueingreen soho. Oh god big mistake. While they were very helpful and very attentative, I was a bit confused since everything had the TTS size but they said its tagged as the size it will shrink too. Also the prices were a little high for me. I mean I understand quality raw denim is expensive but 350 is kind of steep for my first pair I think unless it will last me for 5 years and still look great and not rip open. Anybody think it will be worth it to drop over 250 on my first pair of raws? I only want one pair and they actually hem in blueingreen. Let me know please
post #18704 of 20892

Why waste your time with an inferior product if you can afford something better?

 

If not, try 3sixteen, Rogue Territory, Tellason or LVC.

post #18705 of 20892
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicPac View Post

Update. I went to blueingreen soho. Oh god big mistake. While they were very helpful and very attentative, I was a bit confused since everything had the TTS size but they said its tagged as the size it will shrink too. Also the prices were a little high for me. I mean I understand quality raw denim is expensive but 350 is kind of steep for my first pair I think unless it will last me for 5 years and still look great and not rip open. Anybody think it will be worth it to drop over 250 on my first pair of raws? I only want one pair and they actually hem in blueingreen. Let me know please

It's best to look up what pairs you want to try on before you head in so you know how you need to size it. You don't need to go up to $350 for your first pair. I'd just stick with momotaro, APC, 3Sixteen, or N+F for your first pair. No need to drop that much before you even know if you like it.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomiller View Post

Im looking to spend around $200 maybe a little more on raw denim. What brands would be the best? Should I go with N&F's for a little cheaper? I live near NYC so I was thnking about heading in to check out self edge and blue in green but Im worried they might be a little out of my price range. What do you guys think my best move is?

3Sixteen, imo, is your best bet. Definitely go into self edge and they'll give you some great options. But you can't go wrong with the brands I listed above.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.