For N&F I would say definitely the ''weird guy'' model because it is slim but not skinny, just like you want! And sizing is really tricky. There is only one way to figure out which size you should buy and that is to measure. If you don't know how to measure, check this link: http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?Itemid=41&id=30&option=com_content&task=view
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New gap denim Last post on 11/25/15 at 8:57pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Last edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1247post #18691 of 2131511/3/12 at 5:45pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18692 of 2131511/3/12 at 6:19pmpost #18693 of 2131511/3/12 at 7:21pmpost #18694 of 2131511/3/12 at 7:25pmpost #18695 of 2131511/3/12 at 9:04pmpost #18696 of 2131511/3/12 at 9:20pm
Depends on measurements.
My waist measures about 36", but for some jeans that means I would have to be a 33 (very rare). Most often I would buy a 34. However, with smaller waists, sometimes you just have to go down to 32 from 33 (most often there is not a 35 option for me so I have to go down to 34 - that's why I make the bigger jump with most brands)
APCs stretch a lot more than most other brands. So if it is APC, then go 31. If it is another brand, check measurementspost #18697 of 2131511/3/12 at 10:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by PowerofMyth
Hi, I'm going to be purchasing my first pair of "serious" raws soon. I'm mainly looking at Warehouse, Studio D'Artisan and Oni. I have 34W Unbranded 201s that fit fairly well, but I think I want a slightly straighter, looser fit. How do Blues, whatever SD's straight cut is, and WH660s compare in cut and how should I size for the fit I described?post #18698 of 2131511/4/12 at 5:31ampost #18699 of 2131511/4/12 at 9:17amQuote:Originally Posted by GHo
denim noob needs some help.
I have exactly one pair of jeans - some Agave Wayfarer - very relaxed and comfortable. I'm a fairly thin guy (5'10"/170/32 inch waist) but my butt and thighs are bigger than average.
Could someone point me in the direction of a "like" jean to that of above, or something very relaxed for those of us with some "junk..."? I need to branch out from one pair of jeans!?!?
You know what definitely would help... e-mailing this exact same question to Naked&famous, Tate&Yoko, Blue Owl Workshop, to Denim Geek etc. etc.
What I noticed is that every mail I ever send with what question so ever, they will always respond and help as much as they can. So if you still haven't found what you want, you could try that
Your question is very difficult and as long as nobody here has the same issue as you, it's difficult to give you good advise. because denim with those measurements are difficult to find (I think).post #18700 of 2131511/4/12 at 9:32amQuote:
Every denim you'll ever wear in your life will stretch! Raw denim even more than those stonewashed and worn-look ready jeans. Of course it depends on the model, brand and type of denim how much it will stretch, but it's sure that they ALL stretch.
The real question here is, how do YOU like your jeans? If you like them to fit well and good on your waist, take a tight one. It will get more comfortable later. Make sure that you can still button it up or else it is too tight. If you take one that is loose on your waist but doesn't need a belt right away, the denim will later get so wide that you'll eventually need a belt.post #18701 of 2131511/4/12 at 1:48pmpost #18702 of 2131511/4/12 at 4:40pm
Im looking to spend around $200 maybe a little more on raw denim. What brands would be the best? Should I go with N&F's for a little cheaper? I live near NYC so I was thnking about heading in to check out self edge and blue in green but Im worried they might be a little out of my price range. What do you guys think my best move is?post #18703 of 2131511/4/12 at 4:47pmUpdate. I went to blueingreen soho. Oh god big mistake. While they were very helpful and very attentative, I was a bit confused since everything had the TTS size but they said its tagged as the size it will shrink too. Also the prices were a little high for me. I mean I understand quality raw denim is expensive but 350 is kind of steep for my first pair I think unless it will last me for 5 years and still look great and not rip open. Anybody think it will be worth it to drop over 250 on my first pair of raws? I only want one pair and they actually hem in blueingreen. Let me know pleasepost #18704 of 2131511/4/12 at 5:11pmpost #18705 of 2131511/4/12 at 5:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by RicPac
Update. I went to blueingreen soho. Oh god big mistake. While they were very helpful and very attentative, I was a bit confused since everything had the TTS size but they said its tagged as the size it will shrink too. Also the prices were a little high for me. I mean I understand quality raw denim is expensive but 350 is kind of steep for my first pair I think unless it will last me for 5 years and still look great and not rip open. Anybody think it will be worth it to drop over 250 on my first pair of raws? I only want one pair and they actually hem in blueingreen. Let me know please
It's best to look up what pairs you want to try on before you head in so you know how you need to size it. You don't need to go up to $350 for your first pair. I'd just stick with momotaro, APC, 3Sixteen, or N+F for your first pair. No need to drop that much before you even know if you like it.Quote:Originally Posted by roomiller
Im looking to spend around $200 maybe a little more on raw denim. What brands would be the best? Should I go with N&F's for a little cheaper? I live near NYC so I was thnking about heading in to check out self edge and blue in green but Im worried they might be a little out of my price range. What do you guys think my best move is?
3Sixteen, imo, is your best bet. Definitely go into self edge and they'll give you some great options. But you can't go wrong with the brands I listed above.
- I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 6 minutes ago
- › 3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts... 7 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 10 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 10 minutes ago
- › Carlos Santos Shoes - Feedback & Appreciation 12 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 16 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 17 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 18 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...