or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1242

post #18616 of 20606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartender View Post

New Cures are more tapered, you could try getting NCs then sizing up.

Wouldn't the thighs on the new cures be very tight even with sizing up one? I also don't want the NS more tapered just loser in the thighs with a lower rise.
post #18617 of 20606
WASHED my jeans for the first time, HUGE mistake.

presoaked before wearing, then wore my red wefts for about a year plus. this week i soaked my red wefts in the tub with some woolite dark for about 50 minutes. then i took them out and hung them to dry.

when i put them back on, i noticed that my stacks were not falling as they used to; EG, going forward, i will be making new stacks/fades/combs.

is that right? or did i do something wrong? won't new stacks/fades/combs negate what i did before?

thanks
post #18618 of 20606

Shouldn't all the creases form the same because you presoaked?  What I mean is that the previous combs/stacks formed in the way they did because of your body type, so they should just form the same way again.

post #18619 of 20606
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSmythe View Post

Shouldn't all the creases form the same because you presoaked?  What I mean is that the previous combs/stacks formed in the way they did because of your body type, so they should just form the same way again.

that's what i thought...so i'm worried and confused...
post #18620 of 20606
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJulien View Post

I looked online and those look HUGE -  http://www.sierratradingpost.com/agave-denimsmith-cortez-wayfarer-jeans-for-men~p~18837/

Are they somewhat '90's rapper in cut?  I'm not sure I can help you if so.  APC Rescue's are fairly loose-fit, though.

GHo should be banned from this thread for mentioning those abominations in this thread.
post #18621 of 20606

Looking to get a second pair of raw denim:

Can anyone recommend a fit that's slightly looser than the levi's 511? Any APCs that would fit the bill?

post #18622 of 20606
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakesftw View Post

Looking to get a second pair of raw denim:

Can anyone recommend a fit that's slightly looser than the levi's 511? Any APCs that would fit the bill?

Take the measurements of your 511 and look for a pair (with which measurements you can get) that is slightly looser in the places you desire. There are a lot of different pairs of raw denim. For instance, if you go to denimarchive or rawrdenim, you will find a lot of brands. Also blueowl workshop and contextclothing are great retailers to start. Both of them have measurements, and Jay from blueowl can be a lot of help if you email him.

 

(Just google all four of those places)

post #18623 of 20606

Hey there, I recently bought a pair of jeans from Mossimo Supply Co., and the design was for it to have a "worn-in" feel, which I can notice both visually and through touch.

I'm wondering about the quality of jeans from Mossimo, and where to buy mid-quality denim with a price range of up to 45-50 dollars (USD).

 

Thanks!

post #18624 of 20606
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartboy3456 View Post

Hey there, I recently bought a pair of jeans from Mossimo Supply Co., and the design was for it to have a "worn-in" feel, which I can notice both visually and through touch.
I'm wondering about the quality of jeans from Mossimo, and where to buy mid-quality denim with a price range of up to 45-50 dollars (USD).

Thanks!

Gap or Uniqlo on sale. Otherwise, nothing worth the dollars. Mossimo is Target's house brand. You'll probably have to reassess.
post #18625 of 20606
Is there some kind of database or a prescribed way to identify Levis?

I have a pair of 501xx's from a few years ago, number 005010453 on the inside tag (and a bunch of other numbers I'm not sure of).

I like the fade I got with them, which in hindsight and knowing what I know about denim now, kind of surprising. The color is a kind of grey now, but you can still see the deep black or blue in places. Google isn't much help, and the stuff Levi's is selling under similar categories now doesn't look so hot.

edit: by the way: I didn't need to shrink them. I am not sure if that's what the XX designation means (some people claim it does, but I thought it just referred to a slightly different fit/slightly premium line)
post #18626 of 20606
Quote:
Originally Posted by otacon View Post

Is there some kind of database or a prescribed way to identify Levis?
I have a pair of 501xx's from a few years ago, number 005010453 on the inside tag (and a bunch of other numbers I'm not sure of).
I like the fade I got with them, which in hindsight and knowing what I know about denim now, kind of surprising. The color is a kind of grey now, but you can still see the deep black or blue in places. Google isn't much help, and the stuff Levi's is selling under similar categories now doesn't look so hot.
edit: by the way: I didn't need to shrink them. I am not sure if that's what the XX designation means (some people claim it does, but I thought it just referred to a slightly different fit/slightly premium line)

xx on the Levi's 501s refers to the "shrink to fit" style.
post #18627 of 20606
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jakes View Post

xx on the Levi's 501s refers to the "shrink to fit" style.

Mine weren't. Bought them in a Levi's store a few years ago.
post #18628 of 20606
go to www.langstons.com under Levi's Numerology . There's a guide on all styles of levis.
post #18629 of 20606
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jakes View Post

go to www.langstons.com under Levi's Numerology . There's a guide on all styles of levis.

Thanks, but I'm not sure that helps.

They're 501s. There's an XX on the back patch, which is leather, without the extra tag hanging off on the right that some have in more recent lines. They were not, however, shrink to fit. They had stf in the store, but I didn't buy them. They all seemed too baggy.

Edit: Here are the tags of the two pairs I bought at the same time. The different sizes reflect the fact that even though they were both 501s, they fit differently.



Edited by otacon - 10/18/12 at 3:28pm
post #18630 of 20606
In the late 1950's, Levi's changed the patch from a leather material to a thick card-stock imitation leather with the extra tag that you
mentioned. If the red tag spells "LEVI'S" in all capital letters, they were made prior to 1971. I call those "The Big E". If the logo
appears on both sides of the label, they're likely from the '50s. If the label is "LeVI'S with the "e" in lower case, the jeans were
made after 1971. Those jeans are too old so throw them away or let me have them!!!!

JUST KIDDING bounce2.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.