I was wondering what the different cut's of sugarcane and samurai jeans were. I'm looking for a straight leg cut if that helps any.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New gap denim Last post on 8/1/15 at 7:05pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1239
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18572 of 2111810/3/12 at 7:01amQuote:
Sugar Cane is primarily 47 cut but the SC2009 is probably the closest they have to a more modern straight leg cut. See Selfedge for measurements.
Samurai has a bevy of cuts. S5000VX might work for you. See Blue in Green for measurements.post #18573 of 2111810/3/12 at 8:14am5EP x SF wouldve fit the bill [w/o even the need to taper]_ if you can still find a pair.
check out Samurai 710 "Blue Shadow", Momo 705BIG, __ you may need to taper if you want a hem under 8.Quote:to add: 45 RPM Sorahiko 2011 & Warehouse 660Originally Posted by ken
Who makes jeans that don't have such a biased cut in the top block? That is, who makes jeans in which the difference between the front and rear rise is not so great?
I dig the APC NS top block, but I want better construction and denim. I'm looking for, like, an ~11" front rise and a ~14" rear rise. Nobody seems to do this, and I don't understand why, because that kind of cut gives you more room for your junk up front while not giving you diaper butt in the rear.Quote:Originally Posted by schmallo15
Slightly lower front rise but one of my favorites with that type of cut are the Studio D'Artisan SD103.
Raw measurements here: http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=44&category_id=&manufacturer_id=12&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=62
.. & as mentioned above:
710 Blue Shadow
Momo 705BIGpost #18574 of 2111810/3/12 at 10:25ampost #18575 of 2111810/3/12 at 11:44ampost #18576 of 2111810/3/12 at 11:48ampost #18577 of 2111810/3/12 at 11:54ampost #18578 of 2111810/3/12 at 12:38pmQuote:
This helps alot thanks.post #18579 of 2111810/3/12 at 3:15pmpost #18580 of 2111810/3/12 at 9:25pmQuote:
I suspect there's not much difference between the selvage and non-selvage Nudies. Nudie denim typically fades relatively quickly in comparison to Japanese denim.
But it's hard to generalize with something like this. Fading is primarily a function of you as an individual and how much you wear your jeans and how active you are in life. Even if you bought $300 Japanese denim and all you did was sit around all day, you'd get no fades. No activity = no fades.
Some of the best fades I have seen are on old guys (cowboys, carpenters, builders, etc) wearing $20 Lees or Wranglers. They aren't worried about selvage, chainstitching, soaking, honeycombs, or any of that stuff. They just wear and wash when needed.post #18581 of 2111810/4/12 at 12:50ampost #18582 of 2111810/4/12 at 10:54am
Looking for a pair of below £100 black selvedge (possibly raw) denim. Don't have the funds at the moment to be splashing out, and it would be my first pair of coloured selvedge so I have no idea who does that well. Only ones I've seen so far would be Naked and Famous on sale. Uniqlo in the UK only seem to do grey and blue at the moment. Although the light blue instead of the red line selvedge on the grey ones looks pretty cool.post #18583 of 2111810/4/12 at 5:29pmpost #18584 of 2111810/4/12 at 5:59pmpost #18585 of 2111810/4/12 at 6:00pm
Hey looking for jeans that are a classic straight fit kind of like levi 501s, als ones that are similarly priced. The 501s I've gotten the past 2 weeks are gawdaful in quality and consistency in fit. I mainly just need them for real casual...bit of a trad guy so I'm talking sweater with jeans a boat shoes/bean boots. Also, a good recommendation for selvage would be appreciated (once again under 100 please).
- I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 56 seconds ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread 3 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 5 minutes ago
- › W. Bill Green Linen Custom Run 6 minutes ago
- › Things your dumb friends post on facebook 10 minutes ago
- › Dress in Academia 13 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 13 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 13 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...