I was wondering what the different cut's of sugarcane and samurai jeans were. I'm looking for a straight leg cut if that helps any.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New gap denim Last post on 12/23/14 at 9:22pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1239
Styleforum Top Picks
Sugar Cane is primarily 47 cut but the SC2009 is probably the closest they have to a more modern straight leg cut. See Selfedge for measurements.
Samurai has a bevy of cuts. S5000VX might work for you. See Blue in Green for measurements.
check out Samurai 710 "Blue Shadow", Momo 705BIG, __ you may need to taper if you want a hem under 8.
Who makes jeans that don't have such a biased cut in the top block? That is, who makes jeans in which the difference between the front and rear rise is not so great?
I dig the APC NS top block, but I want better construction and denim. I'm looking for, like, an ~11" front rise and a ~14" rear rise. Nobody seems to do this, and I don't understand why, because that kind of cut gives you more room for your junk up front while not giving you diaper butt in the rear.
Slightly lower front rise but one of my favorites with that type of cut are the Studio D'Artisan SD103.
Raw measurements here: http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=44&category_id=&manufacturer_id=12&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=62
.. & as mentioned above:
710 Blue Shadow
This helps alot thanks.
I suspect there's not much difference between the selvage and non-selvage Nudies. Nudie denim typically fades relatively quickly in comparison to Japanese denim.
But it's hard to generalize with something like this. Fading is primarily a function of you as an individual and how much you wear your jeans and how active you are in life. Even if you bought $300 Japanese denim and all you did was sit around all day, you'd get no fades. No activity = no fades.
Some of the best fades I have seen are on old guys (cowboys, carpenters, builders, etc) wearing $20 Lees or Wranglers. They aren't worried about selvage, chainstitching, soaking, honeycombs, or any of that stuff. They just wear and wash when needed.
Looking for a pair of below £100 black selvedge (possibly raw) denim. Don't have the funds at the moment to be splashing out, and it would be my first pair of coloured selvedge so I have no idea who does that well. Only ones I've seen so far would be Naked and Famous on sale. Uniqlo in the UK only seem to do grey and blue at the moment. Although the light blue instead of the red line selvedge on the grey ones looks pretty cool.
Hey looking for jeans that are a classic straight fit kind of like levi 501s, als ones that are similarly priced. The 501s I've gotten the past 2 weeks are gawdaful in quality and consistency in fit. I mainly just need them for real casual...bit of a trad guy so I'm talking sweater with jeans a boat shoes/bean boots. Also, a good recommendation for selvage would be appreciated (once again under 100 please).
- I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 4 minutes ago
- › Disney Buys Lucasfilm For $4 Billion! STAR WARS EPISODE VII... 5 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 5 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Shell Cordovan Wallet Pron 8 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 8 minutes ago
- › which Allen Edmonds best for a teacher? 9 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 12 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Caliber India Varsity Letterman Jackets and...
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan