I was wondering what the different cut's of sugarcane and samurai jeans were. I'm looking for a straight leg cut if that helps any.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New gap denim Last post on 11/25/15 at 8:57pm in Streetwear and Denim
- How to stretch jeans? Last post on 2/17/14 at 10:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- *4/30 Add* NWT Spurr Pipe Leg Denim/NWT BoO Trousers/QuoddyxSouthWillard/Etc. Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1239post #18572 of 2142410/3/12 at 7:01amQuote:
Sugar Cane is primarily 47 cut but the SC2009 is probably the closest they have to a more modern straight leg cut. See Selfedge for measurements.
Samurai has a bevy of cuts. S5000VX might work for you. See Blue in Green for measurements.post #18573 of 2142410/3/12 at 8:14am5EP x SF wouldve fit the bill [w/o even the need to taper]_ if you can still find a pair.
check out Samurai 710 "Blue Shadow", Momo 705BIG, __ you may need to taper if you want a hem under 8.Quote:to add: 45 RPM Sorahiko 2011 & Warehouse 660Originally Posted by ken
Who makes jeans that don't have such a biased cut in the top block? That is, who makes jeans in which the difference between the front and rear rise is not so great?
I dig the APC NS top block, but I want better construction and denim. I'm looking for, like, an ~11" front rise and a ~14" rear rise. Nobody seems to do this, and I don't understand why, because that kind of cut gives you more room for your junk up front while not giving you diaper butt in the rear.Quote:Originally Posted by schmallo15
Slightly lower front rise but one of my favorites with that type of cut are the Studio D'Artisan SD103.
Raw measurements here: http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=44&category_id=&manufacturer_id=12&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=62
.. & as mentioned above:
710 Blue Shadow
Momo 705BIGpost #18574 of 2142410/3/12 at 10:25ampost #18575 of 2142410/3/12 at 11:44ampost #18576 of 2142410/3/12 at 11:48ampost #18577 of 2142410/3/12 at 11:54ampost #18578 of 2142410/3/12 at 12:38pmQuote:
This helps alot thanks.post #18579 of 2142410/3/12 at 3:15pmpost #18580 of 2142410/3/12 at 9:25pmQuote:
I suspect there's not much difference between the selvage and non-selvage Nudies. Nudie denim typically fades relatively quickly in comparison to Japanese denim.
But it's hard to generalize with something like this. Fading is primarily a function of you as an individual and how much you wear your jeans and how active you are in life. Even if you bought $300 Japanese denim and all you did was sit around all day, you'd get no fades. No activity = no fades.
Some of the best fades I have seen are on old guys (cowboys, carpenters, builders, etc) wearing $20 Lees or Wranglers. They aren't worried about selvage, chainstitching, soaking, honeycombs, or any of that stuff. They just wear and wash when needed.post #18581 of 2142410/4/12 at 12:50ampost #18582 of 2142410/4/12 at 10:54am
Looking for a pair of below £100 black selvedge (possibly raw) denim. Don't have the funds at the moment to be splashing out, and it would be my first pair of coloured selvedge so I have no idea who does that well. Only ones I've seen so far would be Naked and Famous on sale. Uniqlo in the UK only seem to do grey and blue at the moment. Although the light blue instead of the red line selvedge on the grey ones looks pretty cool.post #18583 of 2142410/4/12 at 5:29pmpost #18584 of 2142410/4/12 at 5:59pmpost #18585 of 2142410/4/12 at 6:00pm
Hey looking for jeans that are a classic straight fit kind of like levi 501s, als ones that are similarly priced. The 501s I've gotten the past 2 weeks are gawdaful in quality and consistency in fit. I mainly just need them for real casual...bit of a trad guy so I'm talking sweater with jeans a boat shoes/bean boots. Also, a good recommendation for selvage would be appreciated (once again under 100 please).
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 31 seconds ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 11 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 18 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 22 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 26 minutes ago
- › The 'Best Of' Friday Challenges 2016 32 minutes ago
- › The Official Stoffa Thread 36 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 39 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 39 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 55 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway